Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Those little things we do Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Let's talk about some of those simple little things we routinely do every day for personal security. Some of the things I like to do are giving distance between my car and the car in front of me so I can have an escape option. I figured it to be when the bottom of the other guy's tires are just above the hood. Another thing is carrying a spring assist knife in one pocket and a mini can of OC for range. Also, flat glass on windows and doors make great mirrors for checking around without looking.

So, what do you guys do for your paranoia safety?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:51 pm
I keep a bit more distance because I'm still not confidant of my driving skills. I like to be at least 5 to 7 seconds behind the car in front of me.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 pm
aside from keeping good distance
pistol in center console, old m16 bayonet somewhere close by.

also,in the way I park my jeep.

I back it in to the driveway for the fastest possible time to get on the road, I just get in and drive right out without having to worry about working my way out. just a straight shot  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:23 pm
I almost never leave my house without my pocket knife, and when I walk at night I tend to try and stay in well-lit areas or on busy streets.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Maddness91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:54 am
3' pipe next to bed,
metal baseball bat in corner opposite my bed
i carry a 3 1/2" pocket knife with me everywhere except school (wish i could, it;s the only place i use the bus to get to, but i also don;t want to get expelled xp )
i don;t drive
whenever i'm just sitting around i do look for reflective surfaces xd (not the only one, yes!)
a bunch of other situational stuff
yeah i have mild paranoia neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:24 am
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed
ninja I totally do that too, even though it's leaning against my gun cabinet. I can't keep guns in the open, so it's my first line of defense.

I usually just keep my ears open. I have a pretty damn good sense of hearing, and every time I get that "sixth sense" feeling of someone watching me, I always check it out. I can count the number of times I've been right on one hand, but I still do it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Fresnel
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed
ninja I totally do that too, even though it's leaning against my gun cabinet. I can't keep guns in the open, so it's my first line of defense.

I usually just keep my ears open. I have a pretty damn good sense of hearing, and every time I get that "sixth sense" feeling of someone watching me, I always check it out. I can count the number of times I've been right on one hand, but I still do it.
yeah problem with me is i have s**t hearing from listening to music, s**t sense of smell from mixing chemicals in my garage, and s**t vision since i haven;t gotten a new glasses prescription in like 2 years xd so unless someone touches me, or smells so bad i can taste them, the way i figure it i'm ******** more than half the time xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 pm
Maddness91
Fresnel
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed

yeah problem with me is i have s**t hearing from listening to music, s**t sense of smell from mixing chemicals in my garage, and s**t vision since i haven;t gotten a new glasses prescription in like 2 years xd so unless someone touches me, or smells so bad i can taste them, the way i figure it i'm ******** more than half the time xd
This is why I keep music to acceptable levels and avoid noxious fumes. 3nodding  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:24 pm
Since I'm currently living in an apartment complex, I have a restricted range of responses I can offer in case of break in. I also have a range of offensive knives and small caliber pistols.

Generally speaking, the sight of a Smith and Wesson revolver, no matter the caliber, tends to keep the conversation in my favor.

I also am grateful that the carport is wide open so I can see any strangers that visit the various apartments. Thankfully, this is a quiet and upscale area, so the likelihood of major felonies are slight.

I've never seen a police car here ever, which is more than I can say for the neighborhood I lived in before moving here. And the few undesirables I have seen have moved along due to the large number of folks who won't put up with disruptive individuals.

I also like the idea of a wide personal space, whether while driving or in public in general. I hate when people hover hoping to push a line along in a supermarket. I've pushed baskets back with a sharp glare, leaving no doubt that s**t like that isn't going to fly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 pm
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i carry a 3 1/2" pocket knife with me everywhere except school (wish i could, it;s the only place i use the bus to get to, but i also don;t want to get expelled xp )
i don;t drive
whenever i'm just sitting around i do look for reflective surfaces xd (not the only one, yes!)

Paranoia disguised as decor

User Image  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i don;t drive

I like it. It actually does look really good. I see a little tab of black reaching into the pistol grip... no point in having the safety on with an empty gun. Cocked and locked?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:47 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i don;t drive

I like it. It actually does look really good. I see a little tab of black reaching into the pistol grip... no point in having the safety on with an empty gun. Cocked and locked?
thanks.

and nah, just a loaded magazine.
(I doubt anyone in my family can figure out how an AR works with that type of charging handle)

doesnt need to be chambered and I dont wanna stress the hammer spring in the cocked position over time so I leave it that way

cant put it on safe unless I rack the charging handle and the hammer's back  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i don;t drive

thanks.

(I doubt anyone in my family can figure out how an AR works with that type of charging handle)

doesnt need to be chambered and I dont wanna stress the hammer spring in the cocked position over time so I leave it that way

cant put it on safe unless I chamber it, which I believe to be more dangerous to others who might mess with it than to just leave it unchambered
Keeping the hammer back doesn't stress anything, really. Think of it this way... it's already all coiled up with pressure on it. Keeping the hammer down only keeps slightly less pressure on it, not no pressure.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i don;t drive

thanks.

cant put it on safe unless I chamber it, which I believe to be more dangerous to others who might mess with it than to just leave it unchambered
Keeping the hammer back doesn't stress anything, really. Think of it this way... it's already all coiled up with pressure on it. Keeping the hammer down only keeps slightly less pressure on it, not no pressure.
I dunno. what it's in right now is the relaxed position. long periods of time out of that position will make a spring weaker  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Maddness91
3' pipe next to bed,
i don;t drive

thanks.

I dunno. what it's in right now is the relaxed position. long periods of time out of that position will make a spring weaker
It's not relaxed though, it's just less compressed. If you take it out of the gun, it relaxes farther. If it doesn't, it's either a terrible design or a bad spring. Also, the whole thing is a fallacy anyway. It's not the relaxation or the compression that weakens a spring, it's the transition between the two.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff