Dead Frontier in 3D Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:33 pm
I'm sure some of you remember the thread Sierra made inviting us to Dead Frontier. In case you forgot or are new it's a zombie survival game where you run around in a city killing zombies and looting for supplies.

Anyway they released the game in 3D now so the graphics are a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ej0I8IjzM
Video on the intro of the site.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 pm
i've been playing it alot more recently, my school schedule leaves me with 1-3 hour breaks to fill xp
i had to restart my guy tho... i wasted a bunch of points on random skills... i have a decent formula now that's i'm working towards... kind of slow going tho, since my computer sucks and there's just enough lag at certain times that the tendrils kill me even when i'm sprinting away rolleyes
we should start a GGE clan xd yay 2-3 guys strong xp

oh and let it be known, it;s very early beta of the 3D... it;s like a month old... so it;s not as polished, and there's only like 3 types of zombies to kill...  

Maddness91

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Yeah a GGE clan would be great. My clan on DF kicked me out twice for inactivity. xd If Sierra gets active again that would be badass.

My guy would be considered a "bad" choice in skills but he does the job well. I first combined mele with shotguns which is often called a stupid idea and I'm now working on machine guns. His stats are spread out between reloading, endurance, strength, and agility. I have 80 str which is just enough for me to use the street sweeper shotgun, reloading is 95 then supplemented with MCd mele equipment so my shotgun which should take forever to reload is now instantaneous. I worked on endurance a little but not a whole lot. I just need enough to take a few hits to survive. Finally I'm putting all I can into agility so I can haul a** when I need to.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 am
Oh! Hey, this doesn't actually look half bad. Giving it a shot right now.

Edit: Not bad. It's like if someone took one of those Zombie Defense games that you'll find on Newgrounds and Kongregate and made them into something fairly more substantial. Rabble, did you say something about making a clan?  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 am
I hope you like it. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:50 pm
CrazySopher

Edit: Not bad. It's like if someone took one of those Zombie Defense games that you'll find on Newgrounds and Kongregate and made them into something fairly more substantial. Rabble, did you say something about making a clan?
Madness made mention of a clan. If we get enough people active on DF I would support a clan. I'm hoping at least 5.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
CrazySopher

Madness made mention of a clan. If we get enough people active on DF I would support a clan. I'm hoping at least 5.
Well, you've already got one right here. I've only just started, but I'm enjoying myself. Building for pistols, for the sake of ease-of-use and abundant ammunition, and putting some into melee in case I need to keep things nice and quiet.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:23 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
CrazySopher

Well, you've already got one right here. I've only just started, but I'm enjoying myself. Building for pistols, for the sake of ease-of-use and abundant ammunition, and putting some into melee in case I need to keep things nice and quiet.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm
CrazySopher
Das Rabble Rouser
CrazySopher

Make sure not to spread your points out in a little bit of everything or your character will all around suck. Also apparently to make a clan we need at least 10 members. Anyway what's your username on DF?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm
my new guy is maddness91, only lvl like 25, but i'm getting about a level or 2 per day right now, so i'll be up to 50 sooner or later...

what are you guys building towards? i'm going for basic looter, so:

Athlete
25-30 Str
82-87 End
100 Agt (i'm already at 124 with armor mrgreen )
26 Acc
100 Crt
86 Rel

with eventual melee, rifle, LMG  

Maddness91

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 pm
Maddness91
my new guy is maddness91, only lvl like 25, but i'm getting about a level or 2 per day right now, so i'll be up to 50 sooner or later...

what are you guys building towards? i'm going for basic looter, so:

Athlete
25-30 Str
82-87 End
100 Agt (i'm already at 124 with armor mrgreen )
26 Acc
100 Crt
86 Rel

with eventual melee, rifle, LMG
Nice setup. My accounts are Sascha Konietzko and En Esch  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Username is the same as on here: Sgt Buckner.
Character name: Buckner. Big surprise there.
Just restarted yesterday, I think my original character got deleted.
Engineer by the way. Probably going to go for rifles, with just a little bit of melee and pistol skill.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Maddness91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 pm
Sgt Buckner
Username is the same as on here: Sgt Buckner.
Character name: Buckner. Big surprise there.
Just restarted yesterday, I think my original character got deleted.
Engineer by the way. Probably going to go for rifles, with just a little bit of melee and pistol skill.
pistols and rifles are essentially the same thing... semi auto 1-1.5 shots per second, good accuracy, good damage, high critical... it;s generally i'll advised to put points into both... just saying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:42 pm
Also I heard that rifles were nerfed in the 3D mode so you should invest in something else.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:13 pm
I can barely run classic. This will not be a problem for me.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff