Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I have a few questions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 am
Well, first off, can anyone get me started on Wicca, as in, how do I start practising and such? (Also, do I need to be "initiated?")

Does a person practising Wicca have to wear/carry a pentagram about their person?

I've heard mixed opinions on the statement "Magic is compulsory;" and I've heard the majority of you all say that it is of our own free will to use magic if we want to for any necessary reason, correct?

Do you have to be a specific age to practice Wicca and join a coven?

Is having a Wiccan in past family history an advantage? By reading the thread USE OF THE WORD WICCA I got my answer, so thank you Midnight for that.

A friend told me having a certain talent in a specific subject, i.e: Music, art etc. is helpful in Wicca?

If I have anymore questions I'll be sure to re-post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, first off, can anyone get me started on Wicca, as in, how do I start practising and such? (Also, do I need to be "initiated?")

Yes. To practice Wicca you need to find a coven lineaged to Gardner through initiation and gain initiation yourself.

Quote:
Does a person practising Wicca have to wear/carry a pentagram about their person?

Erm, not to my knowledge. I mean, I don't know what oaths are taken but I get the idea that most Wiccans do not wear one on a regular basis.

Quote:
I've heard mixed opinions on the statement "Magic is compulsory;" and I've heard the majority of you all say that it is of our own free will to use magic if we want to for any necessary reason, correct?

If you're not using magic at all, you're not Wiccan, because it's an element of ritual.
Quote:

Do you have to be a specific age to practice Wicca and join a coven?

18. For some covens, 21. At any rate, you have to be what they consider a "proper person".

Is having a Wiccan in past family history an advantage? By reading the thread USE OF THE WORD WICCA I got my answer, so thank you Midnight for that.

Quote:
A friend told me having a certain talent in a specific subject, i.e: Music, art etc. is helpful in Wicca?

...? In what way?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

...? In what way?

Some of the covens I have spoken with ask Seekers to explore a particular part of the craft they feel called to. I don't know if this is a lineage thing, a regional thing, a coven thing or a tradition thing- so it might not be a requirement of Wicca, but that might be what he is talking about. It isn't the same as having a talent in a specific school subject though.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:46 pm
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

...? In what way?

Some of the covens I have spoken with ask Seekers to explore a particular part of the craft they feel called to. I don't know if this is a lineage thing, a regional thing, a coven thing or a tradition thing- so it might not be a requirement of Wicca, but that might be what he is talking about. It isn't the same as having a talent in a specific school subject though.

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. My friend: Kayla, a wiccan, who is drawn to the creative and sexual side of wicca.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. My friend: Kayla, a wiccan, who is drawn to the creative and sexual side of wicca.

Ah, okay.

Are you considering joining your friend's coven?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Do you know which tradition she is a part of?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:12 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

Ah, okay.

Are you considering joining your friend's coven?

Sadly, she lives abroad now. I am in England and she moved to Italy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:13 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Not really. She was never really open about her wicca religion.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:12 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Not really. She was never really open about her wicca religion.

If you can get a hold of her- it might be worth talking to her about.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:38 am
I'll try, but it's unlikely.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:54 am
ALSO:

I'm 14, so, does that mean I can't practice Wicca or does it mean I cannot join a coven?

If it means I can't join a coven, what do I start doing?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 am
Azareas Aquarinus
ALSO:

I'm 14, so, does that mean I can't practice Wicca or does it mean I cannot join a coven?

Wicca is a coven based religion. I don't know any Wiccans personally who initiate minors- though they do exist. I don't think it's right because the initiations involve contact between the priest or priestess and the initiate that is very sexual.

Wicca is a religion that is centered on fertility and the mysteries that are tied to fertility and the Wiccan Lord and Lady. With so much going on in your life, why would you say fertility is important to you enough that you want to go through the changes that initiation creates?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus
ALSO:

Wicca is a coven based religion. I don't know any Wiccans personally who initiate minors- though they do exist. I don't think it's right because the initiations involve contact between the priest or priestess and the initiate that is very sexual.

Wicca is a religion that is centered on fertility and the mysteries that are tied to fertility and the Wiccan Lord and Lady. With so much going on in your life, why would you say fertility is important to you enough that you want to go through the changes that initiation creates?

I'm not sure what Initiation is, but now I have an idea.

I know fertility is important in life.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 am
Azareas Aquarinus

The initiation is the joining of the religion and becoming a Priest to the Lord and Lady.

Quote:

It is- but there are things that are more important to focus on in different parts of our lives.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:20 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

The initiation is the joining of the religion and becoming a Priest to the Lord and Lady.

Quote:

It is- but there are things that are more important to focus on in different parts of our lives.

I know that, and I've just read a ritual: http://wuzzle.org/cave/initiation.html  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff