crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 am

Looks like the Gaia shop... proprietors, I suppose, dressed up again this Halloween!

Some are silly.. some I have no idea who they are... but here are a few that caught my attention...

Moira is Makoto Kusanagi (from Ghost in the Shell). That's pretty cool, and both rub off as being a bit skanky. (Kusanagi is just ALWAYS naked...)

Edmund is Batman again. for the 3rd Halloween in a row (probably).

Liam is just naked. I suppose he's up there with the Moira skankness. neutral

Julie never wears a costume or has any "role" other than being a typical MTV VJ hosty thing (read: utterly useless).

Ruby's is one I like. It's a set from ACTUAL Gaia gear. Albeit it's an OLD set (and rather expensive) but it's something some other people can actually wear and relate to. And she does have a nice rack.
Little Peyo is dressed up as Max from Where the Wild Things Are. (pretty cute).

Vanessa freaked me out the most. SHE'S DR. MRS. THE MONARCH! I heart Venture Bros

I don't know who some are dressed up as... like... Sam? Is that a Gaga thing?

*shrug*
Who could have come up with better ideas? XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am
Ah, yes. The Gaia crew are very... interesting this year. I suppose the skankiness is Gaia's way of reaching out to the perverted side of the users.

Some other things I noticed:

Rufus has on the mask one of my favorite hero/vigilante peoples, V from the movie V for Vendetta

Devin is a prehistoric male cave-dweller (a.k.a. caveman).

Carl is most obviously a zombified reindeer.

Natasha seems to be some sort of elven warrior or princess.

I believe Louie is Uryu (or something)... a Quincy from Bleach.

Nicolae surpriseingly looks natural in his... western-style bartender get-up.

Travicious

Versatile Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:16 pm
I Wish I was an NPC.....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm
I squealed when I saw Ian as Goku cuz I love DBZ.

Josie as Merry Poppins = heart ♥ <3.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:35 pm
*Keyboard smash*

OHMAIGAWD YOU GAIZ, RINA IS CHIBITALIA. <3

*Rolls all over the place excitedly*

EDIT: Also, Radio Jack as Pikachu~! And Trav, Natashia is a dark elf mage. (Or a drow, if you want to get technical)

NICOLAE IS FROM CLOCKWORK ORANGE I THINK. xD

And the scouts are Totorro, Mumen (a Scandinavian mascot), and a watermeat. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 am
Spiffy XD  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 pm
StephODell
*Keyboard smash*

OHMAIGAWD YOU GAIZ, RINA IS CHIBITALIA. <3

*Rolls all over the place excitedly*

EDIT: Also, Radio Jack as Pikachu~! And Trav, Natashia is a dark elf mage. (Or a drow, if you want to get technical)

NICOLAE IS FROM CLOCKWORK ORANGE I THINK. xD

And the scouts are Totorro, Mumen (a Scandinavian mascot), and a watermeat. <3

Indeed Nicolae is a droog from A Clockwork Orange. I don't think many younglings will get it... neutral Or how horrible it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm
I'm so happy I read this thread, because I didn't feel like going through all of the shops to discover what everyone was.

Is Becky dressed as Lady Gaga?  

Rome The Arsonist

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm
Rome The Arsonist
I'm so happy I read this thread, because I didn't feel like going through all of the shops to discover what everyone was.

Is Becky dressed as Lady Gaga?

Oh, if that's the case then I have no idea what Sam is dressed up as.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:13 pm
Sam is Pris from Blade runner.

Just found this

:0 no more guessing games! yay!  

Rome The Arsonist

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Blade Runner... :S I haven't even seen the movie. I'm more interested in reading the book....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 pm
crazy_mongoose

Blade Runner... :S I haven't even seen the movie. I'm more interested in reading the book....

I like that mentality! biggrin I'm a book kid too smile Why let someone else leave nothing to the imagination, when you can make it out to be as cool as you want?  

Rome The Arsonist

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I've actually been doing that a lot this past year. I managed to get my hands on Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison (the book that Soylent Green was based off of) and I appreciate it more than the movie. cause it's not about people eating but struggling in an overpopulated society.
And I got I am Legend. I'm halfway through it, but ^_____________^ I like it better than Mr. Smith's movie. It has a lot more depth than mindless violence and "zombie/vampire" hybrids or whatever they were in the movie... Infected?

I'm such a dork cause I have Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'s call number in my phone so I can pick it up right after I finish I Am Legend...

tl;dr
I read.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:50 pm
crazy_mongoose

I've actually been doing that a lot this past year. I managed to get my hands on Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison (the book that Soylent Green was based off of) and I appreciate it more than the movie. cause it's not about people eating but struggling in an overpopulated society.
And I got I am Legend. I'm halfway through it, but ^_____________^ I like it better than Mr. Smith's movie. It has a lot more depth than mindless violence and "zombie/vampire" hybrids or whatever they were in the movie... Infected?

I'm such a dork cause I have Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'s call number in my phone so I can pick it up right after I finish I Am Legend...

tl;dr
I read.

Haha, you'll never have to use a TL;DR when talking to me smile I actually really want to pick up all of the books you just spoke of now - and mind sharing Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'s call number? I need some reading material! I'm finally back at home where I have the peace, quiet, and time to consume myself in some beautiful literature. I hate movies sad  

Rome The Arsonist

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:59 pm
Rome The Arsonist
crazy_mongoose

tl;dr
I read.

Haha, you'll never have to use a TL;DR when talking to me smile I actually really want to pick up all of the books you just spoke of now - and mind sharing Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'s call number? I need some reading material! I'm finally back at home where I have the peace, quiet, and time to consume myself in some beautiful literature. I hate movies sad

My library does Dewey and has it listed as D5475d under fiction. My librarian/boss had to go ask a military library if I could borrow Make Room! Make Room! e___e
Movies are awesome. It's just that adaptions of adaption and such really destroy what the whole point of the book is. Like A Clockwork Orange. Adapted to where the movie ends on a down somber note rather than the redemption (of course wiki says that was a US publisher problem...)... Or like I Am Legend. I'm not done with the book but I can already tell you the whole point of the movie is not what the book was trying to get across. Vastly different... ... but the doggie dies anyways. ;_____;

Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff