Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:11 pm
http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/
Yes, I made an entire thread for one link.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:40 pm
is this really the place for politics?  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:30 pm
redface Yes. yes it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:52 pm
diddnt even click the link. obama's done great. it's a horrable travesty that the republicans won the mid-terms.  

guitargod4900

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:57 pm
What Obama has done so far, and what he's tried to do so far, are two different things.. When one in his position is left with a mountainous mess of debts and broken economic/job/etc. structures to clean up after the previous Administration, and an opposition party that was the Minority and is now sadly as close to a Majority as one can get telling him (and the American People in a roundabout manner) "No" at every step, and spreading smear and fear about him at every turn as well, it's tough to get anything accomplished.. We should probably repeal the current Universal Health Care anyway, it's nowhere near as good as Obama's original vision which would've put our medical care system far and wide ahead of other countries far smaller and yet far ahead of us.

If Obama had been unopposed by Republicans in the House and Senate, and their Lobbyists spreading the Fear agenda, right now we'd be only a fraction of a percentile deeper in debt, but over the long haul we'd actually find ourselves OUT of debt (probably be about 10 years or so, but it's worth the wait for stability) and far ahead of the curve compared to other countries worldwide. Education, 1st. Health Care, 1st. Job and Economic Growth, 1st. The list goes on, but the only thing we're the best at right now is being the worst in fields where we should be if not 1st then at least in the top 5.

Obama's been trying to build bridges Republicans decided to tear down years ago, for no other reason than to keep themselves in power longer and superinflate their egos.

This was Obama's original Health Care Plan, as Republicans smeared repeatedly until it became the watered-down crapspackle we have today.. Metaphorically, of course:

You're brought into a room (not really, this is completely metaphorical..), and brought to a table where you're invited to sit. On the table is a large book, reminiscent of a Sears Catalog from way back in the day (the kind entire forests were carved down just to make one). Inside is a list in full detail of every Health Insurance Provider, large medium and small nationwide, their policies, etc. You're told you have to pick one, but you're given as much time as you need to scan through and read everything down to the smallest of fine print until you've found one you're satisfied with. The Government congratulates you on your choice, and presents it to you as your own (or your family's) plan, and from there their only role in it is to serve as your "muscle" whenever the Insurance Providers get uppity. If they decide one day to raise your rates to extreme amounts for ridiculous reasons, the Government steps in on your behalf and knocks them around until things remain as they were, and if that doesn't work then the Government will work with you to drop your current provider and pick a brand new one, and lather rinse repeat.

Republicans in Congress hated the idea, so naturally they did what they thought worked (and sadly it did) and they spread fear until it became the watered-down p*-in-a-bucket we have now..

Obama tried, Republicans denied, the American people cried, and Democracy died.. All we can do now is remind those in power that we put them into power, and we can remove them, Impeachment is just one of the legal tools at the public's disposal.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm
guitargod4900
diddnt even click the link. obama's done great. it's a horrable travesty that the republicans won the mid-terms.

the link name is sarcasim, so go ahead and click it  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:28 pm
Yes, this is the place for political discussion. I repeat, discussion, not argument. Everyone will keep things civil or threads get locked and people get warnings dished out. These warning are not to be taken lightly either, we get enough complaints about an individual and the ban hammer comes down.

While I will not go into the exact details of what Obama has done in his first two years, what I will say is that he has done a lot and still have another two years left of this term to do a lot more. Yes, there is infinite amount of things people can bring up that he has not done, but what one has not done is a moot subject. People need a little patients, he came into a huge s**t storm and it is going to take a long time, even long after this term is over, whether he is still president or not for the next term, to get the things fully stable again. But we are heading in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 am
This is the first time I seen furrys talk politics.  

Diabetusaur

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 am
maku daichi
This is the first time I seen furrys talk politics.
Not the first for me. Just the first in a setting where the emphasis is on furries rather than politics.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:23 pm
There have been numerous past threads regarding politics.  

Sadinda

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 am
I've gotta agree with what lee said, his original Health Care plan is why many college kids voted for him, the sad part? Republicans also had a similar thing planned but had to can it to avoid "Copying" Mr. obama just as the truth about his background was canned, (I.E. his league with the American Terrorist group/organization.). e.e

Further more I've heard rumors and recordings (Mainly of "Radio transmissions" on stations normally in accessible at least with a modern CB or regular radio system.) and it's basically a way to treat people more like slaves and pets, mind you the recordings have no way of being false as they come from someone who has no access to a computer what so ever let alone voice changing things.

Even if your old, you pay the money they say, (Which would be more than they could pay.) or the F.B.I. and or Police stomp down your door and point a gun at your head till you pay and if you don't they arrest and or shoot you along with any sibling's, significant other's, and or children.

Another thing is he Refused a few perfect scientific designs for removing the oil spill, and chose to talk on and on out his a** about it, every interview simply saying over and over, "We will get through this." Bush may have made mistakes but at least he wasn't a ******** lazy p.o.s. puppet, only sometime after the oil spill did he decide on cleaning it with barrels.

Which compared to a number of other idea's seem's only logical if he wants to try to Re-sell the oil and if he does then he truly has no care for anything but himself, his image, and his money.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 pm
666 Demonic Lover 666
Even if your old, you pay the money they say, (Which would be more than they could pay.) or the F.B.I. and or Police stomp down your door and point a gun at your head till you pay and if you don't they arrest and or shoot you along with any sibling's, significant other's, and or children.

There is no law saying you have to pay taxes, but the government will make your life hell if you don't. They won't put guns to your head though. They're above that since they have more devious and terrifying methods. They're called lawyers.

666 Demonic Lover 666
Bush may have made mistakes but at least he wasn't a ******** lazy p.o.s. puppet

That's exactly what Bush was... Obama is just the Democrat's version.

People seem to forget that Bush was slow as hell in Katrina, folded to corporations and had a CEO to an "evil corporation" as vice president, allowed greater corporate meddling in places like the FDA (which is meant to protect the people precisely from corporate evil doings! And honest mistakes too, but those are much more rare.), and a host of other things.

Some of the most outright wrong things including cuts to stem cell research, cutting funds for condoms in Africa, rolling back important environmental changes such as funding for electric vehicles (which became tax cuts for SUV/Hummer purchases!), etc.

Obama isn't great, but Bush sure as hell wasn't any better. I'd rather have someone who can't do anything in office than someone who will push their personal religious agenda upon the nation and world, along with many other things I find highly reprehensible.  

Garek Maxwell

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 pm
If that is true then obama is not the one you want either, I did hear he plans to try and break the seperation of church and state.

If he does, I sure as hell hope the idiots who voted for him see his bullshit, and vote him out of office, as doing such a thing is a violation of the constitution, and the Law, there for if he can't be put in jail if it happens, people can at least do what is also part of the rights to every person in the nation, if the president isn't fit for his seat, the people have the right to vote him out.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:46 pm
Okay okay here let me put it simply and i dont want to get into an argument but yeah...

what do you THINK someone could REALLY get done in only two years? we have been in the war for... 9? 10 years now? and the health care has been up for debate since the 70's... just cut our presidents some slack he is only one guy, we are all suffering here in the U.S. and if we really want to change things we need to stop complaining and change them ourselves, not just relying on one guy to do it... i mean come on...  

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm
I dont think its so much that Obama has/hasnt done much, its that what he has done (and it has been alot btw) has been the kind of social economic programs that the far right think is overspending and against their Neo-liberal (let the market do what it does) economic ideals. So the media, and the pundits tend to ignore the things Obama has done since what he has done is stuff they think is out right communism.

Not that Obama's administration hasnt had a boat load of controversy, and shady practices. infact i think Obama doesnt make it very hard for the far right media to jump on him about little mistakes... he has made alot.

most notably the Healthcare reform bull s**t... if he really wanted to get his origional plan passed then he damn well could have... it would have just taken a long time and a lot of effort. but frankly he copped out and handed us something that, to me personally, is worse than the origional healthcare bill.

I personally am employed because of programs his administration have created. hes provided a great deal of money for after school programs for schools and I have a job as an art teacher because these schools have the money to have after school art classes.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff