Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guild IDs are not Join Dates... [petition link] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 am
Petition Links Here

So I decided to create a petition regarding those so-called ID numbers trying to decifer for join dates. Instead of just showing the ID numbers... Why can't we just show the damned join date. Why is ID numbers there in the first place?

Well in order to have this an easy eye for captains to know when the member actually joined, it would help if I can get signatures to this petition and hope for the best in making a slight but moderate change in guilds.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 pm
I like this idea a lot!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Aralik

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:20 am
i agree with this idea  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 am
*bows* thanks ;D  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:40 am
You know my feelings on this by now!! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm
DJ Pandurz
Petition Links Here

So I decided to create a petition regarding those so-called ID numbers trying to decifer for join dates. Instead of just showing the ID numbers... Why can't we just show the damned join date. Why is ID numbers there in the first place?

Well in order to have this an easy eye for captains to know when the member actually joined, it would help if I can get signatures to this petition and hope for the best in making a slight but moderate change in guilds.

We do not store the join dates for guilds. Don't ask me why, I wish I have the answer for you. We did think about adding that information into the database. However, we would only have members joining the guild going forward, still not have existing member's join dates.

We thought about using the guild creation date as the join date for existing members, but we also recognize that for some members, they take pride in how long they've been with the guild.

thoughts? ideas?  

diversaurus

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 pm
diversaurus
DJ Pandurz
Petition Links Here

We do not store the join dates for guilds. Don't ask me why, I wish I have the answer for you. We did think about adding that information into the database. However, we would only have members joining the guild going forward, still not have existing member's join dates.

We thought about using the guild creation date as the join date for existing members, but we also recognize that for some members, they take pride in how long they've been with the guild.

thoughts? ideas?

My thoughts on this is, why didn't this be implemented in the first place? Second, Instead of just ya know, think about the feature, just do it. There is really no point in ID numbers and to not tell when did so-and-so member joined. This really would help so we know what's going on with the inactivity and/or activity with the guild. In all honesty, how can one decifer the ID numbers into Join Dates?
The answer really is in front of you, take the ID numbers out, and replace them with the join dates.
In all due respect, it really doesn't make any sense to me that the guild creation date has anything to do with when the guild is made. There is a difference between the guild itself and the guild members.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 am
diversaurus

thoughts? ideas?

Excuse my verbatim but that's really ******** up.

A system that doesn't show a members join date? Stupidest system ever!

Alas, since you yourself weren't involved with the creation of the guilds I suspect we'll never know the screwed up reason for that.

I think it would be a good thing to implement from now on, sure you'll never know about the older members but something is better then nothing and would give us something to work off.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

diversaurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:13 am
DJ Pandurz

The answer really is in front of you, take the ID numbers out, and replace them with the join dates.

Let me make this clear one more time. WE DO NOT STORE GUILD MEMBER'S join date.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:16 am
Pilotslover

Alas, since you yourself weren't involved with the creation of the guilds I suspect we'll never know the screwed up reason for that.

yeah, it's tough joining the party mid stream, but let's see what we can do to solve this.

Pilotslover

I think it would be a good thing to implement from now on, sure you'll never know about the older members but something is better then nothing and would give us something to work off.

yes, what i'm asking from the you guild captains is feedback before we go ahead and implement something that you guys totally find useless.

maybe we can put it up for a vote about what's a better way to go about the member's join date going forward.

thanks for your constructive feedback.  

diversaurus

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 am
it would be nice if you and the rest of the devs started putting in join dates. older guild members can deal without having a true join date, but at least we would know when new members joined which would at least help a bit  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:50 am
diversaurus
DJ Pandurz

Let me make this clear one more time. WE DO NOT STORE GUILD MEMBER'S join date.

Okay, okay I get it! I am not blaming directly at you for this, but seriously, it would be a very awesome good great thing to implement.  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:28 am
Shanna66
it would be nice if you and the rest of the devs started putting in join dates. older guild members can deal without having a true join date, but at least we would know when new members joined which would at least help a bit

Agreed.

Seems sensible to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:37 pm
Pilotslover
Shanna66

Agreed.

Seems sensible to me.

agreed  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

diversaurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 pm
I'm on it... i mean like NOW.... smile trust me, I love guilds and am passionate about it...

thanks guys !!!!  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces