Often imitated, never duplicated 

Tags: Random, Awesome, Epic, Poll, Gold 

Reply Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
HATE THE POLICE... :evil: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Melbourne Shuffle be an Arrestable offense?
  No.
View Results

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:10 pm
SO.
Today, I was recording myself dancing for a competition to win some RAVE GEARRRRR biggrin

I was stoked and all, but when I went down to my driveway to dance, after a good 10 minutes, AGAIN. THE POLICE SHOW UP.

WHAT CRIME AM I PERPETRATING? None. However, in Pennsylvania, everyone's a f.. I'm so holding off from just swearing a LOT right now... everyone's a freakin' moron! They think that just because I like to dance, I must be on drugs, and I must be a threat. Even if I were on drugs, I'm not a threat. Just because I'm dancing, doesn't mean I'm on drugs!

I understand the dance style I enjoy is underground, and generally people relate drugs to raving - but I'm not at a rave, it's 11:00AM and I'm in my driveway for christ's sake!

Just so you know what I'm having the cops constantly tell me to "be careful" for, here's a video:
MELBOURNE SHUFFLE VIDEO

Yes. Every time the Police approach me, they act like they have some warrant behind their actions. I understand you got a call from a crotchety old woman - however, should I call the police because I think she's a stalker/murderer for watching me out of her window?

I'm so sick of Pennsylvania and how backwards everyone is in this damned valley. WAY worse things happen every day, and yet the police are wasting taxpayer money - MY own money, on this shat.

However, today I got away with telling a cop off biggrin
He had an attitude, (by the time he opened his mouth he was on my property)

He strolled up acting tough.
We exchanged words, and in a not-so-polite way, I asked him to vacate my premises before we actually have a problem. (After some of his attitude, I became extremely irate and started yelling expletives at him XD I'm surprised he didn't charge me for harassment or something x_X)

But yeah, it worked, he left biggrin I kept dancing to make the video ******** the police, dance anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 pm
*Dances*

Whoo~! Very groovy~! And the song was cool too! You've got some fly moves! ;D  

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 am
That's the police for ya =)
Awesome vid btw.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 am
Haha, thanks guys. I'm kinda hoping it wins the competition - I think that's why the cop showing up made me so mad.. I was IN THE ZONE. XD I tried to go back and see if by chance I was recording when the po showed up - and I was, but I walk out of frame, and you can't hear a damned thing :

P.S. Thanks a ton for the compliments, but you guys should see some REAL shufflers - I'm garbage in comparison smile  

Rome The Arsonist

d e b i J

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:35 pm

yes...that dancing of yours is sure to attract the cops
(niiiiice btw, i want to learn to shuffle)

it does imply the usage of drugs
unfortunately xD

cops can go and suck it
professionals at shutting down a good time

actually some cops are ok haha
you wont believe the s**t i get away with >___<;

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 pm
The po-po get bored, so when they have something to do they get all bunchy and stuff. What used to take maybe two cop cars now takes six. I was about ready to call the police about a yappy dog that lives on my street. Stupid owners keep it outdoors.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Oohh... nice one Rome. I hope j00 win. biggrin

@Debi: What kind of s**t?

@Master DM: It's a good thing that I am well behaved. Right, Master?

*puppy eyes ftw*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:22 pm
Ehhh, ddddeeebbbiiiii I don't think that's fair though : That's like the police being called for everyone who has a car that's all riced out. They MUST be street racing if their car has splash vinyl, a huge wing, a body kit and huge wheels! :[ I mean, I understand the connotation behind Raving/dancing but I don't understand why people think it's ok to just waste public resources on such mundane garbage. =[

DM, I've noticed that too; Now whenever I see someone pulled over, there's a fleet of pigs parked behind them : I understand the need for back-up, (Especially now-a-days with the sickos and psychos roaming the street with the worst of intentions) but I don't understand why it takes 4 cops to ticket an old woman on the Lycoming Creek Road. (Yes, I witnessed an old lady who could barely even sit up straight /move very well get hassled by 4 police x_x) I understand she shouldn't be driving if she's unable to, but it would take nothing more than a breeze to put her on the ground.

And I understand the yappy dog - especially if they keep it outside at night. That's just stupid and inconsiderate but the only sound I'm making is *skitchy skitchy*. Sneakers skidding along concrete really aren't that loud sad Besides, at 11:00AM? Not only is it not illegal to make a bunch of noise at that point, but who does drugs at 11:00AM?!  

Rome The Arsonist

Azer Fireangel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 pm
*sigh* I don't know why I'm saying this here, but my last job ended in a rather dumb way over some lost items.

They actually had me arrested because they couldn't find the item, and I'd used it last. They claim I stole it not cause I needed money or something, but because my dumb a** boyfriend had gotten himself fired earlier that year. wahmbulance (I'd been there, at that job for about 10yrs, longer that anyone else in that store location, including the District lady...yes I am oldish.) They waited a month to have me arrested, and sent 3 officers to my house at 10:30pm to get me.

This all happened Nov last year, and I'm STILL going to court over it, it's not settled yet.

I have no record, aside from whatever happens with that. It pisses me off every time I think about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:22 pm

rome: well, some cops just view it as just another job. get your quota in, get a paycheck, feed the fam. knowing that a fair percentage of people who rave etc. are miscreants just makes the job easier. just like knowing a fair percentage of people who have supped up cars are more likely into street racing.

my lazy a** would take the easy way too if i got stuck being a cop xP sucks enough the everyone hates you lol

but yes, its frustrating because i've seen a car theft that took hours for cops to respond to while it takes only minutes for them to tell you your music is too loud.

azer: did they have proof? and what about security cameras? D:

d e b i J

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:15 pm
Debi, that last post just screams "I'm Rome's hero" XD That definitely just made me laugh, and I'm having a rough night smile Thanks a ton.

Azer, I'm so sorry to hear that : I've witnessed situations like that before and not only is it unfortunate but it pisses me off. It's like that moment in any movie/show where someone stands up to let everyone know how foolish and short-sighted they've been is being set up - but that moment will never come in your real life : Like you just want to scream at everyone around you, "What is wrong with you people?! Why are you doing this to me?!" ... but you know it won't do any good. -_-

I had the police take me from Dinner with my boss/co-workers and a few friends because I was accused of stealing a laptop. An hour spent in the cold, where my boss' mom flipped out on me, the police kept treating me like a criminal (Telling me to smile so they could profile me against some pictures, etc.) I was told that I was free to go.

At one point, the cop showed me the pictures, and I laughed in his face; "You think I look anything like this ********? Do you scars from the piercings I DON'T have? Besides, I'm a computer technician, if I stole a laptop, DO YOU THINK I WOULD LEAVE VIDEO/PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE ON THERE?! NO. I WOULD MICROWAVE THE HARDDRIVE - WHICH I AM VERY CAPABLE OF. YOU'RE STANDING OUTSIDE OF THE COMPUTER SHOP I WORK AT!" .... Yeah, they didn't have much to say to me until the Chief showed up after that >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:44 am
There's always a good and bad side to everything.

I got a speeding ticket in a speed trap because it's downhill
but then later on that year, I was driving 85+ mph on the freeway at night and the cop just flashed his lights to tell me to slow down.

Just some cops are assholes. Simple as that. But at the same time, it's their duty to respond to people's calls. Just a lot of these calls are bogus calls that need to be filtered better.

BTW: Love the UFO Pants!  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:50 pm
LordKiston
Oohh... nice one Rome. I hope j00 win. biggrin

@Debi: What kind of s**t?

@Master DM: It's a good thing that I am well behaved. Right, Master?

*puppy eyes ftw*
Yes, you're a good pet.

@Rome: Yeah, I can't help but agree with Kuro here Rome in that the calls need to be filtered a bit better. Someone dancing at 11am to me would be something unimportant but like Debi said sometimes you gotta meet the quota and if that means going to calls that complain about silly things then, so be it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 pm
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

*spasms*  

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:23 pm

My dad's a cop and he doesn't like some of the guys he works with. xd
Sometimes it's meeting a quota (let's say for a grant for catching speeders or people without their seatbelts). But I know of a wonky system they have where lets say a break in occurs and they'll purposely wait half an hour to get there. I don't know really. It's crazy. Some cops are dumb. But luckily I've never been in trouble with the law. *clings to father*

Also, Rome, you look like a cute kid.
I wish I could dance-dance. : <
*noticed there's "How To" videos on the Melbourne Shuffle...*

Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out