Ideas Ideas Ideas Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:53 pm

So, the guild was pretty inactive the last month. To help prevent that in the future (because activity is awesome C:), feel free to shoot ideas for new subforums, contests, all that good stuff.

GO GO GO GO GO

(Remember: If you wish to donate gold for contests, please do not donate to the guild. Send the trade to me, marked in some way to show that it is money for a contest for the guild)

IDEAS:
-Author Discussion subforum
-Book club(s)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm
Author Discussion Subforum  

rutarete

katkat74

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:43 pm
I think we should start a book club smile depending apon if everyone can get the same book or has the money to buy it  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
katkat74
I think we should start a book club smile depending upon if everyone can get the same book or has the money to buy it

that seems interesting; you might want to have several divisions, though, due to certain people liking/disliking certain genres  

rutarete

Semidis--
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:29 am
rutarete
katkat74
I think we should start a book club smile depending upon if everyone can get the same book or has the money to buy it

that seems interesting; you might want to have several divisions, though, due to certain people liking/disliking certain genres
That does sound cool.

The thing is that people might not have money to read the book (or perhaps, if the book is particularly long, time), so maybe we could do an online story?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:53 pm
rutarete
I like this.

A lot.  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

rutarete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 am
Paradoxismminant
rutarete
I like this.

A lot.

*like*
(in imitation of facebook)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 am
Semidis--
rutarete
katkat74

That does sound cool.

The thing is that people might not have money to read the book (or perhaps, if the book is particularly long, time), so maybe we could do an online story?

for that, we need a link  

rutarete

Semidis--
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:39 am
rutarete
Semidis--
rutarete
katkat74

That does sound cool.

for that, we need a link
URLS are easy...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 pm
Semidis--
rutarete
Semidis--
rutarete
katkat74

That does sound cool.

for that, we need a link
URLS are easy...

finding them isn't all that easy, though... at least for me...  

rutarete

rutarete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 pm
Paradoxismminant
rutarete
I like this.

A lot.

while i do think it's a good idea, it has great potential to be short lived. to ensure (hopefully) activity, make it a weekly thingy. have one author discussed one week, or whatever time length, and change to a new author the next. to get authors that people in the guild know of (so people aren't TOTALLY) lost, have a thread in the subforum in which members post some authors - just 2 or 3 so that we'd actually get to some - in the thread, which acts as a hat. you 'pull an author' out of the hat, and by constant change and submissions by the members, we should have activity. perhaps the one who suggested the author which is picked can lead the discussion (in case he/she is not well known)
hopefully this works (if implemented) smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:53 pm
Author subforum:
Yeah, that'd be cool.

lol, I possibly see this becoming a guild joke: "When all else fails, consult The List!" /mostlikelytodothis

Book club:
Well, if you're like me, you often read a lot of random fiction, etc. Just find a story you like, and as long as it's Gaia-okay we can probably discuss it C:. Heck, fanfiction is probably alright too.  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

rutarete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:04 pm
OOh OOh i just had another idea! for those writing a novel, feel free for when it's done to volunteer yourself for a discussion! that would be interesting...
once the idea is implented (if) i'll see if my friend will do one too  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:21 pm
rutarete
OOh OOh i just had another idea! for those writing a novel, feel free for when it's done to volunteer yourself for a discussion! that would be interesting...
once the idea is implented (if) i'll see if my friend will do one too
That would work with the from our members subforum  

Ncrypt1d Threadkiller

katkat74

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Paradoxismminant
Author subforum:
Yeah, that'd be cool.

lol, I possibly see this becoming a guild joke: "When all else fails, consult The List!" /mostlikelytodothis

Book club:
Well, if you're like me, you often read a lot of random fiction, etc. Just find a story you like, and as long as it's Gaia-okay we can probably discuss it C:. Heck, fanfiction is probably alright too.

maybe deviantart stories may be okay smile ?  
Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff