Korea Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 am
I'm sure by now most of you have heard that there was another skirmish between the Koreas. According to MSNBC North Korea bombed a South Korean island killing one soldier and wounding 4 more at a military base on said island. SK retaliated by scrambling the jets and bombing the North back.

If you're religious please pray for them and pray that this situation can cool down rather than escalate.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:05 am
Hahaha, oh man. The fun here isn't even about the Koreas, or the nukes... it's about the US and China. China backs the north, we back the south... neither of us can afford to back out OR to put support in and fight a proxy war against each other, because proxy wars lead to embargoes, and neither China nor the US can afford to stop trade with each other. On the flip side, pulling out is a massive sign of weakness AND a betrayal, and no country will ever trust the protection of a superpower that leaves an up-and-coming nation to that kind of fate. Truman you stupid son of a b***h, look what you've done to us now. Kim Jong Il has us by the balls AND HE KNOWS IT. Holy s**t are we his b***h.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:19 am
Fresnel
Hahaha, oh man. The fun here isn't even about the Koreas, or the nukes... it's about the US and China. China backs the north, we back the south... neither of us can afford to back out OR to put support in and fight a proxy war against each other, because proxy wars lead to embargoes, and neither China nor the US can afford to stop trade with each other. On the flip side, pulling out is a massive sign of weakness AND a betrayal, and no country will ever trust the protection of a superpower that leaves an up-and-coming nation to that kind of fate. Truman you stupid son of a b***h, look what you've done to us now. Kim Jong Il has us by the balls AND HE KNOWS IT. Holy s**t are we his b***h.

Only way I can see this ending well is US and China both agreeing to not get involved from the beginning and both clearly stating why this happened to the rest of the world.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 am
The big fly in the ointment is the news story from Monday concerning North Korea's new uranium processing facility and their overt goal to produce atomic weapons.

This hand has been played too many times already. My guess is that this is Mr. Wonderful's latest (and perhaps his last) message to the West before handing the country over to his playboy son. Kim Jong Ill hasn't got long for this world.

China knows damn good and well that if they lose the US, their economy goes down the toilet, along with their 20th century capitalistic economic model that made the majority of people quite well off.

There will be no war as such. Just more skirmishes to keep the US at the bargaining table. But do keep the troops there in mind. It's not a nice place to be stationed this time of the year.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:07 am
It started because NK "demanded" that SK stop their military drills, which SK responded to by firing artillery shells into disputed water that was nowhere near NK. So NK flipped a s**t and decided to drop artillery on an island.

So in short, both sides are engaged in yet another round of "my c**k is bigger than yours".  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:13 am
Floyd
The big fly in the ointment is the news story from Monday concerning North Korea's new uranium processing facility and their overt goal to produce atomic weapons.

This hand has been played too many times already. My guess is that this is Mr. Wonderful's latest (and perhaps his last) message to the West before handing the country over to his playboy son. Kim Jong Ill hasn't got long for this world.

China knows damn good and well that if they lose the US, their economy goes down the toilet, along with their 20th century capitalistic economic model that made the majority of people quite well off.

There will be no war as such. Just more skirmishes to keep the US at the bargaining table. But do keep the troops there in mind. It's not a nice place to be stationed this time of the year.
got friends in korea. many of the people I trained with went there as their duty station  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:19 am
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

Only way I can see this ending well is US and China both agreeing to not get involved from the beginning and both clearly stating why this happened to the rest of the world.
Our government is too full of sneaky, underhanded bastards for that to work. Even if we DID say that, it'd be Charlie Wilson's War all over again, except the Chinese would catch us and all hell would rain down.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 am
"Aux grands maux les grands remèdes."

I SAY WE NED TO GO TO 'NAM 'GAIN 'N TAKE CAIR OF 'DEM COMMIES.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:31 am
Chivalric Knight

If we're going to re-fight old wars, let's go to Afghanistan and fight the Russians. We'll save billions on transportation.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm
Fresnel
Chivalric Knight

If we're going to re-fight old wars, let's go to Afghanistan and fight the Russians. We'll save billions on transportation.

I think we should just declare war on Russia, really they're the source of most of our war-problems. Then it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump-away to China, Korea, and the works.

Fricken Russians and their "In Soviet Russia" jokes...

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:05 am
I heard there was another bombing this evening...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 am
Das Rabble Rouser

you sure?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 am
Well what alot of people forget that stuff like this has happend before. And Im not talking about the sinking of the SKN ship. About 7 years ago an SK ship shot up a Nork ship killing like 13, or something. And another time at the DMZ where a blackhawk was "Illuminated" what ever the hell that means when it got too close. North says it was going to cross, US says it just got too close.
I dont trust eather of them.

But one of the main issues with the naval thing is the UN drawen border.

Seen here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Northern_Limit_Line.svg

As you can see the southern border goes far north. That means the technologicly inferior ships of NK have to go considerably farther to china. ((There largest trading partner and main source of income.))
So you can see why th north would be ancy.

There have also been times when the North was the dominant econimic power till the souths economic boon in the 60s. But with the fall of the USSR, ((Former master state of the north))
But with Kim Il Sung's death and the fall of the USSR Kim Jong Il brough in his moronic Shogeun policy and drove the contery into the ground.

But hes going to die soon and I think his son is a bit more... sane....

As for the rest of the views id like to post this guy sums it up pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fsoiv8D4So&feature=related  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

you sure?
Not entirely. There was one thread in GD that said it happened around 7pm PST and OP seemed pretty serious about it, but other than that I didn't see any more threads talking about it so there is a good chance they were dicking around.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:44 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

you sure?
Not entirely. There was one thread in GD that said it happened around 7pm PST and OP seemed pretty serious about it, but other than that I didn't see any more threads talking about it so there is a good chance they were dicking around.

Yahoo news reported a short time ago that there was a brief artillery attack by the NC, but damages and/or wounded were still being confirmed.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff