LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:09 pm
I really enjoyed doing Secret Santa last year. I was thinking about doing it again. I was also thinking about doing a very simplified version of Dirty Santa where everyone picks a number, and they get the gift that corresponds with that number. I haven't decided yet whether I want people to send a gift to be able to be able to participate, of if I should just try to buy all the presents myself. It would be more fun (and cost efficient for me) if everyone sent a present. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any suggestions for the Christmas event?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:19 pm
I am fine with sending a gift that I purchase but I would like to know what gift I should get and what the price range for that gift will be?  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 pm
I can go with either or both ideas. I wasn't here for last years event but it sounds like fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 am
I liked the Secret Santa that we did last year. That was fun!  

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:05 am
I was thinking of saying something around 20k for the Secret Santa. That's enough for the gift to actually be good without breaking the bank. As for the Dirty Santa, I thought it would be fun to ask people to contribute a gift that could be anything from 5k to 100k. That way it would be more of a hit or miss thing. But, I don't know about that. People might get upset if they contribute a pricey item and get a junk item in return. Maybe I can ask for anything that anyone wants to contribute, and I can throw in a couple more pricey items. I still need to work the kinks out of that one.

I'm still planning on having a snowball fight like we had last year. I'll probably throw in another random number game too. I'm going to do my best to up the prizes a bit. I have a job, so I should be able to buy a $10 cash card, do a bit of investing, and then come up with some better prizes than I've had before.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:31 am
secret santa sounds fun! mrgreen
sorry i havent been around recently!  

izuna_13_13

Shirtless Codger

20,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Malomy
Vice Captain

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 am
I'll help you with whatever you decide to do Meg!^0^
If you do Dirty Santa, we can ask for funny cheap items, yes? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am
Either way seems fun to me. I'd love to participate with whatever is decided. If you do end up doing the gifts yourself I'd be happy to contribute to the gift funds.  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:09 pm
Malomy

Thanks a bunch! You're always a great help! Although, I would like to see you inside the guild a bit more. wink rofl You can volunteer to help out in the Annual Ball again if you want. Things are in limbo over there right now, so you could definitely find a spot. You know you want to terrorize more guests. wink Anyway, the gag gifts sounds like a good idea. But, there are always people who come away from Dirty Santa with great gifts. I've won a Best Buy gift card irl one time, and I remember another person winning a potato. This is an irl example, but I think it might be a good model to work with. I like the idea of having a range of good to bad items. My only worry is having some people pay more than others. confused

@Camwen - Thanks for the offer! I'm wanting to throw in a couple great gifts, but that would mess with the numbers. Maybe gag gifts would be good. confused I'll have to give that one a little more though. I'm definitely going to do Secret Santa like we did last year. That seemed to work really well, and we had a great response for the members.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:02 am
Let me know if you need more gifts...what you need, and what price range and I will make sure you have enough! smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Amigurumi Queen

Witty Friend

19,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:44 am
It is the 12th. What has been decided for the secret Santa? Do you want those of us that wish to participate to donate gold or an item or what?

Happy Holidays!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:08 pm
Sorry that I haven't gotten this straightened out yet. I've been busy like you wouldn't believe. But, I'm going to take the time tonight to set up Secret Santa and Dirty Santa. I think I've just decided to have everyone send an item to the guild mule for Dirty Santa to make it more like the real game. But, I'm still taking donations for prizes for other games. I will get right on both of those things, and I will have the rest of the event up within a week. This should be my last week of work, so I should be able to keep things going once the event starts.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:11 pm
I was able to get the banners for the event done, but I won't have time to finish getting the rules/announcements done. I have work early in the morning, so I need to go to bed. But, I PROMISE that I will have both ready to launch on the 13th.

If anyone has any donations that that they will like to contribute towards prizes for the games and contests in the event, please send them to the guild mule, Ellineath. Thanks for all of your support, and I apologize again for the delay!

(For those who asked more about prizes, I will try to give out prizes worth 5k or more, although random giftboxes are always good for small prizes. I'm not picky. I will happily take whatever I can get. I'm going to try to do better with the prizes this time using cash, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.)

(I guess I really need to go to bed now. Goodnight everyone!)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 am
lilchibiusa
I was able to get the banners for the event done, but I won't have time to finish getting the rules/announcements done. I have work early in the morning, so I need to go to bed. But, I PROMISE that I will have both ready to launch on the 13th.

If anyone has any donations that that they will like to contribute towards prizes for the games and contests in the event, please send them to the guild mule, Ellineath. Thanks for all of your support, and I apologize again for the delay!

(For those who asked more about prizes, I will try to give out prizes worth 5k or more, although random giftboxes are always good for small prizes. I'm not picky. I will happily take whatever I can get. I'm going to try to do better with the prizes this time using cash, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.)

(I guess I really need to go to bed now. Goodnight everyone!)

The prizes I've sent are mostly on the cheaper end of the spectrum, let me know if I need to get a few more higher priced ones to even things out?  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 am
Malomy

In the wrath room we have a spot for an rper now. Our rp'ers will be the key people in getting our room together, you can also at the same time be a co-host in chibi's room (ug, she had to leave the wrath room (she was 1st co-host in the wrath room) to be a host in the sloth room. lol the sloth room))

Back to the topic of this thread, secret santa would be something I would like to do.  
Ye Olde Lobby

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff