Submit

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:20 am
Theses are just collected speculations, not solid fact. I'm sitting on the fence til' more info and conformation is afoot.

Expect their disks to be something like the psp disks,Only much much bigger. I mean a bigger capacity then what ps3 disks hold. There could be a small built in function for save data. This sounds more convenient in a sense.

Tis all I've heard about it. If you guys have heard anything feel free to contribute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 am
UMD? I'd cry if they used UMD. What I can't think up is what new innovative feature they'll cook up. I don't think it'll be virtual reality or anything. If the gimmick is just some improved form of motion control that would suck. Motion control gets old fast. I want something really cool that will remain cool for the duration of the console's lifetime. Something which really adds to the games rather than just being either a nice little feature or tacked on.  

Super Cheesio

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 am
Super Cheesio
UMD? I'd cry if they used UMD. What I can't think up is what new innovative feature they'll cook up. I don't think it'll be virtual reality or anything. If the gimmick is just some improved form of motion control that would suck. Motion control gets old fast. I want something really cool that will remain cool for the duration of the console's lifetime. Something which really adds to the games rather than just being either a nice little feature or tacked on.
They can't use UMD, sony makes the format, also it's a failed format.

Don't expect a new system until the 3DS has peaked. There is absolutely no reason why Nintendo would detract from their own handheld sales.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm
Trying to guess what Nintendo will do next is next to impossible. A console that uses big UMDs or something similar sounds retarded and if anything we really shouldn't be caring what format the games will come on (unless it's all digital), because it will likely just be some form of discs (possibly Blu-Ray, but who knows, Microsoft is doing fine with just DVD).

No one saw the 3DS coming, no one saw the DS or the Wii coming either, and I feel like we aren't even close in any guesses we've made. I suspect motion controls to be updated, but that goes a bit without saying. I think the most important thing Nintendo can do with their next console is get dedicated third parties to figure out how to utilize whatever it does well. They're trying this with the 3DS it seems, from what great third party support we've seen for it, and hopefully they continue this with whatever comes out after the Wii.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:45 pm
I haven't heard anything. I wouldn't mind if they went with a more digital route. It's not uncertain territory anymore. Digital distribution has been flourishing in the PC gaming world for a long time. The excuses are running out.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I haven't heard anything. I wouldn't mind if they went with a more digital route. It's not uncertain territory anymore. Digital distribution has been flourishing in the PC gaming world for a long time. The excuses are running out.
It's been flourishing, but the PC market is totally different than the console market, especially the Wii's market. Trying to imagine my mom hearing about a game, wanting it and then buying it online hurts my head so much to think about.

I can see digital distribution becoming more mainstream, and perhaps it will go hand-in-hand with retail gaming on consoles regularly soon enough, but I think retail is here to stay for a good long while, and I think that Nintendo will be the last to adapt to allowing full-scale and full-size games to be downloaded, just because they want to make their consoles affordable so putting huge storage on them doesn't make much sense.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:58 pm
Meta_Fish
Trying to guess what Nintendo will do next is next to impossible. A console that uses big UMDs or something similar sounds retarded and if anything we really shouldn't be caring what format the games will come on (unless it's all digital), because it will likely just be some form of discs (possibly Blu-Ray, but who knows, Microsoft is doing fine with just DVD).

No one saw the 3DS coming, no one saw the DS or the Wii coming either, and I feel like we aren't even close in any guesses we've made. I suspect motion controls to be updated, but that goes a bit without saying. I think the most important thing Nintendo can do with their next console is get dedicated third parties to figure out how to utilize whatever it does well. They're trying this with the 3DS it seems, from what great third party support we've seen for it, and hopefully they continue this with whatever comes out after the Wii.

remember when nintendo made a controller with an analog stick on it? people where like woahh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:42 pm
Hobo Scruffy
Meta_Fish

remember when nintendo made a controller with an analog stick on it? people where like woahh
Are you trollin' me?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:47 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
It's been flourishing, but the PC market is totally different than the console market, especially the Wii's market. Trying to imagine my mom hearing about a game, wanting it and then buying it online hurts my head so much to think about.

I can see digital distribution becoming more mainstream, and perhaps it will go hand-in-hand with retail gaming on consoles regularly soon enough, but I think retail is here to stay for a good long while, and I think that Nintendo will be the last to adapt to allowing full-scale and full-size games to be downloaded, just because they want to make their consoles affordable so putting huge storage on them doesn't make much sense.

It's not all that different. The PC market is a blend of retail and digital distribution. Nintendo can do that too. I don't see there being any harm in selling a game through retail and selling it through an online store at the same time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:53 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

It's not all that different. The PC market is a blend of retail and digital distribution. Nintendo can do that too. I don't see there being any harm in selling a game through retail and selling it through an online store at the same time.
I think in the PC market digital distribution >>>> retail, though. I bought the Orange Box at retail because I wasn't savvy to Steam, and after that I've never bought another PC game at a store.

I don't think there's any harm in it either, I just don't see Nintendo adapting to digital distribution for full games for a good while. I think WiiWare will continue to expand and grow, but with their philosophy right now I think retail is going to kick the s**t out of their online sales. I could be wrong though, I don't know how virtual sales are for VC and WiiWare.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:58 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

I think in the PC market digital distribution >>>> retail, though. I bought the Orange Box at retail because I wasn't savvy to Steam, and after that I've never bought another PC game at a store.

I don't think there's any harm in it either, I just don't see Nintendo adapting to digital distribution for full games for a good while. I think WiiWare will continue to expand and grow, but with their philosophy right now I think retail is going to kick the s**t out of their online sales. I could be wrong though, I don't know how virtual sales are for VC and WiiWare.

Yea, it'd be a huge jump for them. As it is they don't even fully embrace online multiplayer. Just sayin it'd be slick if they did.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

Yea, it'd be a huge jump for them. As it is they don't even fully embrace online multiplayer. Just sayin it'd be slick if they did.
Agreed. Imagine Steam/Valve teaming up with Nintendo for their online service.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm
Meta_Fish
Hobo Scruffy
Meta_Fish

Are you trollin' me?

its tru tho  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
THIS should be something apart of it.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm
Meta_Fish
Agreed. Imagine Steam/Valve teaming up with Nintendo for their online service.
Pretty sure fabrics of space would tear from the awesomeness.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff