Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
*UPDATED* z!ART Freebies [I] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiIiyah

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:17 pm
The Idea
For those who don't feel as that their artistic ability is up to par with the idea SkyoCaster is pitching out, we could set up an art thread in the art freebies forum.
However, we'll implicate a ring effect with the art as well.
(I'm not sure if that makes sense...I apologize, but my sleep has really taken a hit lately)

For example:
Say I get a request to draw an avatar that looks exactly like mine. The request would have to include, 'I want the rr1 Healing Halo Ring effect please!' or something to that effect. I'd then draw the avatar, with the rr1 halo effect.

If they have not played zOMG! before and do not know how the ring animations look like in all rages there will not be an issue. I shall post up a youtube in the thread that displays all of them. (If I can't already find one compiled into a video I'll just make one, no big deal)

It'll definitely get attention. Hell, its a free service. You really can't go wrong there.
Additionally, it'll introduce people to zOMG!, its unique battle system and its graphics.

Additional Services
Many of my kind collaborators have also recommended playing with these people.

We can give an additional freebie if they want to try out/play the game with us. These freebies can include:
- a comic based off an adventure
- a drawing based off an accomplishment, or story

What is needed
Given the services that this can include, the thread will obviously need artists, thread lurkers and z!players.

Artists
MiIiyah
HN-Shade
Ren Orenji Doragon
KaguraSakata
Nanenna

Thread Lurkers
MiIiyah
KaguraSakata
SetsunaEternal

z!players
MiIiyah
SetsunaEternal

Other
I will be setting up this thread shortly after Christmas. I will pm all the artists for a few examples on Dec 23, 2010 Jan 3, 2011

if you still think that this idea needs refining, just post! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm
I really love the idea of incorporating ring effects, or any aspect of zOMG, into art.

I would love to be a part of this if it's set up.
Freebs are usually what I do, since I never trust myself with taking actual commissions.
/Is afraid real life/lack of interest would keep me from finishing them in a timely manner. >A>;

Something I've done with freebs~
I am usually more inclined to do freebs for people that I see around zOMG. It's like... Go play! You'll have a higher chance of getting something from me if you do!
Maybe we could ask people requesting art to crew with us or to try out zOMG and post what they liked about it. This would also let them gain knowledge about the rings and what ring effect they would like to be drawn with.  

HN-Shade

Ren Orenji Doragon

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:35 am
I really like this shoot-off of the other art idea. :3 I am totally willing to help and provide my art skills to this. (To both, actually.)

I also really like HN-Shade's thought. O: Since I'm kind of shy about posting on the forums, having the requester come into zOMG! to play/hang out/chat for a little would definitely help their chances of getting art from me. *nod*

Hm, as for ideas to tack on to what we already have... I don't have much, really. ><;; Maybe the artists could have collaborations of art? Dunno how that would work out, though. Maybe that would be better suited for the paying idea... P:

Or maybe we could tag a little "zomg.com" or "only at zomg.com" onto the art? o3o;; *shrug* Just throwing out anything that comes to mind. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 am

Oh, I like that.
      Especially with effects like Healing Halo and Divinity, it'll draw people in who want, for example, Backwings.

I was gonna suggest and option of adding Animated to the art, which is something you could do as well.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Atrash the Squidmonger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 am
Another possibility would be drawing crew/solo battles. I could see three ways of doing this:

- Based off of screenshots. Basically be like "we'll illustrate what's happening in a screenshot for free" (or from what's shown in multiple screenshots, or a video). Thus, people go out in zOMG and get screenshots of themselves being impressive (or at events and such) - inspiring people to play and succeed in zOMG. Then they get a drawn version of the action, which helps advertise zOMG as well as being cooler than carrying around a screenshot of stuff.

- Based off of stories. Basically, descriptions and whatever. A mix between screenshots and descriptions might be best. Get the screenshots for the general happenings, and the descriptions for what particular event - and most particular events won't get exactly screencapped - they want shown.

- Something sort of like http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20640853&_gaia_t_=1272&page=last suggested - but with art. Tag along as an artist with a crew or solo person, mostly letting them shine and not have to worry about you dying or such. Watch the events (screencap or write down stuff for later memory). Create art showcasing some of the fun stuff that happened - dramatic victories, funny events, maybe even a sort of comic like short storyline.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 am
Atrash the Squidmonger
Another possibility would be drawing crew/solo battles. I could see three ways of doing this:

- Based off of screenshots. Basically be like "we'll illustrate what's happening in a screenshot for free" (or from what's shown in multiple screenshots, or a video). Thus, people go out in zOMG and get screenshots of themselves being impressive (or at events and such) - inspiring people to play and succeed in zOMG. Then they get a drawn version of the action, which helps advertise zOMG as well as being cooler than carrying around a screenshot of stuff.

- Based off of stories. Basically, descriptions and whatever. A mix between screenshots and descriptions might be best. Get the screenshots for the general happenings, and the descriptions for what particular event - and most particular events won't get exactly screencapped - they want shown.

- Something sort of like http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20640853&_gaia_t_=1272&page=last suggested - but with art. Tag along as an artist with a crew or solo person, mostly letting them shine and not have to worry about you dying or such. Watch the events (screencap or write down stuff for later memory). Create art showcasing some of the fun stuff that happened - dramatic victories, funny events, maybe even a sort of comic like short storyline.

I like the screenshot/story combination.
      3nodding

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Nanenna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 pm
Oh dear, I already offered my services for the zArt idea. D: There really is no way for me to do both (unless I'm not in high demand or something, fully possible). I suppose this all depends on if Syko needs me or not, he already seems to have several volunteers.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 am
I would like to help out with this, I can help lurk and draw. Though I have only drawn one gaia avi before,the rest is anime art, and original comic stuff.

KaguraSakata

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250

MiIiyah

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm
@Nanenna - again, its all dependent on how you rank your own drawing abilities and the method you want to take to contribute to zOMG. Syko's method attempts to monetize the game. Mines attempts to draw in more user-ship.
@KaguraSakata - thanks for volunteering! and well you have about a week to draw gaia avi examples but its the freebies forum... i dont see why people would be too demanding if its free art and conversation xD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 pm
I have decided that I don't think I would be a good fit for Syko's art shop, I think I'd have more fun doing this. As for how I would rank my art... mediocre to good I suppose. I'm not great or professional, but I know I'm not a bad artist either. My DA gallery if you want to have a look. I suppose I'd have to watch the animations myself for reference if I did this, but I'm used to that. I tend to just que up youtube when I want an anime reference.  

Nanenna

Salvaged Dusk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:55 am
Definitely like the whole 'story' aspect of it.

Members may be 'meh' about an event, until there's a possibility that they'll be a central part of it -- anyone remember the public outcry when Wandering Toast and others were featured in the Zurg manga? If enough of these story/battle scenes are made, people may start jumping on the bandwagon to be included.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:15 am
I will lurk that thread, advertise for it and you, you had a great idea.
LET's DO IT!  

The Hell Tutor

Tenacious Hellhound

Salvaged Dusk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 pm
Hell_Tutor
I will lurk that thread, advertise for it and you, you had a great idea.
LET's DO IT!

Very close to linking you to this page, haha.

I'd really like to work on a plot to circulate -- give people a story to latch onto, if that's worth anything. The art would definitely help with all of that.

Hell Tutor, why don't you commission this thread for the Equinox' and some of its crew?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm
err so are u guys suggesting that if they like those who play the game with us enough, we can make em a character for a comic plot?
(worried that my exam just now drained by limited supply of brain cells)

and i lol at the system alert xD  

MiIiyah

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Salvaged Dusk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 am
MiIiyah
err so are u guys suggesting that if they like those who play the game with us enough, we can make em a character for a comic plot?
(worried that my exam just now drained by limited supply of brain cells)

and i lol at the system alert xD

Maybe <_< If that sort of thing occurred.

The Think Tank

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff