Welcome to Gaia! ::

Save Modmas!

Back to Guilds

Guild for organizing the Modmas roleplay 

Reply Save Modmas!
The girl who saved Modmas. {story rp: read and rate please} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Love it so far! Keep going.
  Pretty okay. I'll keep reading. Maybe.
  Learn to write you bozzo. Im out. *moonwalks out*
  Poll whore
View Results

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:52 pm
Dec. 13th
7:27 am

We awoke to the sound of a large commotion. People were shouting, animals were screeching, and there was a lot of clanging. Voices too muffled to understand, and too full of authority to ignore. I rose from my cot, wrapping the thick blanket around myself as I strode over to the window. The floor was cold, but I was used to it.

As I approached the window, I saw people rushing up and down the street. All adults; no children to be seen. They were fully dressed and carrying all means of thingy-majigs and Who-haws. There was a single man with a big bushy mustache in full plate armor, standing on a platform shouting orders. He had a sword at his hip, and a shield on his left arm. I knew something was going on.

I threw open the window to listen in.
"Get the shelters ready. Start moving people down. Protect the east side. Block the entrance. Organize a defense force. We cannot afford to waste time. Run!" The armored man kept shouting order after order, many times making strange gestures with his hands. If the hand motions meant anything, I certainly could figure it out.

I ran over to my brother's bed. He had pulled the blanket up to his mouth, debating whether to hide, or act brave. I decided he was too young to worry about the commotion, so i gave him a big hug, and told him to stay in bed while i found out about the noise.

Then there was a flash, an ear-shattering blast, and i found myself across the room. The house was half gone. There wasn't even any debris, it was just gone. But what was even more nerve wrecking, if that wee possible, was the utter silence. I thought maybe it was just me, but the commotion on the street had dissipated. No man on the box shouting orders. No adults moving random pieces of junk around. No anything.

I think I passed out, because I don't remember anything after that...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:45 pm
Dec. 13th
4:38 pm

Light was the first thing I thought about. Where had the light gone? Why couldn't I see? And why couldn't I move? Or hear? And then I remembered...

My eyes shot open. I scrambled to my feet and surveyed the room. The far wall was gone. The beds were gone. My brother was... gone. I ran out of the room and shouted for him. Nothing. I tore through the house, searching anywhere i thought he could be hiding. He wasn't in the closet, or behind the couch, on under the sink... And the fear was starting to overpower me.

I couldn't find him, or anyone for that matter. It wasn't just my brother, but everyone was gone. I ran through town but I found no one. Random things lay in the street abandoned. Shutters banged loudly on empty houses, making my skin crawl. For the first time in my life, I was completely alone. I can safely say it was the worst realization of my life.

Eventually, I started seeing recent boot prints in the snow. Eager to find any signs of life, I followed the trail. It took about an hour of walking before I saw it. A tower reaching far into the sky. It was made of dark stone that seemed to absorb the light out of the air. As I approached it, I could make out a passage leading inside. The prints continued into the tower, so fighting my anxiety with every step, i followed them in.

The passage was dark and each step echoed loudly. It went on without any apparent end, and soon the light from the outside had disappeared behind me. I walked until my legs felt sore and my eyes ached from the strain of looking through the near total darkness.

The passage opened up suddenly, leading into a large chamber. As I stepped out of the passage, a door slammed shut behind me, blocking the way back, and torches flared. In front of me I saw what looked like a ring inscribed with a sun, laying on top of a raised cylindrical platform. There was an inscription on the pedestal. It read as follows:

In times of need, I will be your light.

There didn't seem to be anything to do except put on the ring, so I did. It slid on easily, as if it molded around my finger to form the perfect fit. A flash to my right was the only thing that alerted me to the danger. I dodged the blow by a hair's breadth, and saw an enormous green creature standing before me. I would associate it closest with a rabbit, though unnaturally huge and colored a sickly green. It lumbered forward on two thick legs, and prepared for another attack.

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dirminxia rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 5 Total: 16 (2-40)

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 pm
Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 11
Rolled damage: 5

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 35

Remaining daily attacks: 1  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 pm
The creature swung its enormous paw, slashing at me with claws the size of knives. I was sure I was going to die, horribly maimed by a mutant rabbit the size of a bear. I put my hands out in a feeble defense, knowing that i could do nothing to deflect the blow. It took longer then I thought, and I opened an eye to see why i wasn't dead. The creature was on the ground, stunned but not subdued.

There was a small area of blackened fur on the left side of its torso, and as I stared in wonder, i noticed the ring on my finger felt warmer then before, and it looked as if the air around it was being distorted. It was like looking through a light smoke, where the world seems to waver and blur. I didn't know exactly what happened, but something told me the ring had injured the creature somehow.

Unfortunately, i didn't have long to debate it, because the creature had stood up, and was getting ready to charge me.

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dirminxia rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-40)

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:32 pm
HP: 35

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled damage: 7

Attack misses.

Remaining enemy HP: 35

Remaining daily attacks: 0  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 pm
I knew I was in trouble as soon as the creature got back up. It charged me, claws extended. I couldn't get out of the way, but a combination of the damage it had taken, and my reflexes saved me from actual damage. Even then, the creature slammed into me, throwing me back against the wall. The force knocked the wind out of me, and though i didn't feel injured, it took me a second to regain my breath.

The stun had done enough though, and I had missed any chance to counter attack. I did have one bit of good luck though. The creature had planned on hitting me straight on, and by dodging the blunt of its attack, i had put it off balance. It didn't last, but at least it wasn't able to charge me again while I regained my breath. I just started planning my next move when it regained its footing, and turned towards me.

I was so dead.

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kululu750

Shadowy Hunter

8,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm
this is pretty goot  
Dirminxia rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 13 Total: 33 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 pm
HP: 35

Rolled AC: 20
Rolled damage: 13

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 22

Remaining daily attacks: 1  

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points