Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 pm
Signs of Trouble

It seemed like every normal day. I got up, chatted with friends and played some games with friends, as well as worked to get more money for more secret santa shopping. But everywhere I went I had heard that there was something going on, something grand. I was in Barton Town when I head it, and that one would have to go to the square to find out what it was. I was intrigued so I went off in it's direction. But a clamor arouse suddenly from my left, Screams not of joy as I had expected to hear, but of terror.

That can't be good. I narrowed my eyes and continued on, wondering what evil more sinister then my pranks and mischief were afoot. Gardriel, my sprite whom I've corrupted ages ago, darted about anxiously and I looked at her with wonder.

"Gardriel, calm down. if there's a fight I'm sure it'll not involve us." I reassured her, only to have a person run past us screaming something about a green bunny. The terror itself showing up a moment later, glaring at me with it's beady anger filled red eyes as it nibbled at what seemed to be a bloodied carrot at first glance. "Maybe I was wrong.. but, that can't be causing the distress, surely."

But as the thing moved forward, dropping the appearant bloodied carrot and snarled at me I realized what the beast was. "A grunny?! When there's one spotted more are to come.. but I thought these are Gambino's test subjects and all locked up. What's going on here?" I knew it was stupid to ask a grunny, something that's known to be speedy, voraciously carnivorous menace, I still did. It's reply wasn't too surprising. It charged at me, blod and saliva dripping from it's sharp fangs.

(roll and battle data next post)  
sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm
battle stats
Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40
Rolled AC:3
Rolled damage: 5
Attack: success! Fail!
Remaining enemy HP: 40
Remaining daily attacks: 1 0

The grunny's charge was fast, and it was closing too fast to pull out my katana or issue a command to Gardriel, so I was left with the only option of dodging and tossing my poison tipped dagger at it. I crashed through the window of Barton Boutique, startling Ian and making Rufus involuntarily hiss from the sudden interruption of his nap. I hadn't seen if I hit the creature, but soon found I hadn't as the grunny hopped onto the display case and peered inside, looking completely unharmed.

"Damn, that's not doing me any good.  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 15 Total: 25 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm
battle stats
HP: 40
Rolled AC:10
Rolled damage: 15
Remaining enemy HP: 25

Once the grunny spotted me on the floor, it snarled again, making Ian and Rufus flee in deeper fear then someone breaking through their window. I gave it no farther thought as the grunny had screeched at my general direction, and jumped onto me. I pushed myself back, and it's teeth sunk harmlessly into my shoe. I grabbed the nearby, fallen hat rack, and slammed it against the creatures head. The grunny let go and shrieked out in pain before scampering under a shirt rack and out of my sight. I Got up and growled out at the beast. "oh, scared now that someone will fight you huh? Come out you wretched beast!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am
(time stamp and reminder to myself. Can't continue until .. gaia says my posts are at 11:17 pm on the 7th.)  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 7 Total: 22 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 pm
(wait, I'm dumb. I can make another post after midnight! not within 24 hours of last post! gah! Onwards, mischievous anti-hero!)
(NOTE: edited HP, since I forgot to change it earlier)

battle stats
HP: 40 25
Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 7
Remaining enemy HP: 18

As I got up off the Floor I spotted Gardriel chasing after the grunny. At least I knew where it was now, But what caught my eye more was a rather nice, cheap pirate hat that was still on the hat rack I had used to attack the grunny. I grinned and pulled it off, and plopped it on my head before wielding the hat rack like it was a scimitar.

"Arr, Gardriel! Stop toying with the beast and attack it already!" I bellowed, and to my delight she did just that, setting a fire to some of the clothing as her fire spark burnt the green hide of it's back. It screeched again in pain, and came running at me. I was ready and held my ground, I wasn't going to fall to this tiny creature.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:14 pm
(BTW, if we were doing real DnD stats here, the grunny shouldn't have ac unless it was able to attack as well (which would mean two more 20 sided die) instead it should be dexterity (speed) because that's what ones acc has to match or better to land a hit. Just saying)
(note: forgot roll, it's in next post Addendum: Edited HP to reflect previous successful hits. )

battle stats
HP: 40 25 18
Rolled AC: 8
Rolled damage:3
Remaining enemy HP: 18

I waited till it lept at me, figuring it would. It did just that, and I swung the hat rack in order to hit the furry green beast and splatter it against the wall. I could have sworn I hit the beast, for I felt something hit the rack, but I didn't hear it scream and I couldn't see it. That was until I realized there was extra weight on the hat rack. I looked down and saw the beast holding onto the thing with it's little paws as it munched down on the wood in a ravenous frenzy.
"By the lord of evil himself! These things eat anything!" I cried and tried shaking the beast off, but it held on fast, glaring at me with saliva dripping from it's razor sharp fang lined mouth. I continued to shake the rack around as well as twirl it around, but the beast wouldn't let go, no mater how violent I shook.  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 3 Total: 11 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm
(oops.. forgot to roll, here's the roll)  
sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 15 Total: 31 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:26 pm
battle stats
HP: 40 25 18
Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 15
Remaining enemy HP: 3

By the time I gave up on shaking the grunny off it had already eaten half way down the hat rack, it's teeth dangerously close to my hands. I Growled in frustration and did the next best thing. I tossed the grunny, rack and all, into the air with my left hand, at the same time I pulled out my ancient Katana. With the critter airbound it couldn't avoid my attack, and I sliced off right arm and dug into it's leg as I slammed the beast into the ground. It shrieked in utter agony, making me wince from my already sensitive ears hearing it's loud cry. I grinned at it as I pulled my blade up, ready to strike the final blow.

"Little bugger, die!"  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 2 Total: 13 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm
(Rper note: awww! Come on!! a 2? The chances of getting less then three are outstandingly low!! You got to be kidding me!)
battle stats
HP: 40 25 18 3
Rolled AC: 11
Rolled damage: 2
Remaining enemy HP: 1

I smirked at the grunny that's cowering beneath me and stab my katana in it's direction. The beast, even with a missing arm, and one leg limp and useless, managed to roll to the side, so I only sliced it's side instead of stabbed it in the heart. I growled in anger, and lifted my foot to kick the beast, aimed to fling it outside.  
sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 20 Total: 27 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:25 pm
battle stats
HP: 40 25 18 3 1
Rolled AC: 7
Rolled damage: 20
Remaining enemy HP: 1

I sneered as the Grunny struggled with it's leg and arm, to try and balance and find some form of stability. Just as I swung my foot towards the grunny, it's balance slipped thanks to it's lack of limb, dropping just out of my range when it was too late to alter course and steer for the shot. Staggering from the missed kick, I backpedaled to try and regroup and figure out a new attack.  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 6 Total: 26 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 pm
battle stats
HP: 40 25 18 3 1
Rolled AC: 20
Rolled damage: 6
Remaining enemy HP: -5

Gardriel had been watching, itching to join in again, and at seeing me miss and stumble back darted in to take the finishing blow. She concentrated all her energy to a single point, creating a ball of fire right before the grunny's face and cackled with glee. She then let go of the ball as she shot it at the creature, which engulfed its body quickly, leaving the charred remains and a small flicker on the lacquered wood
"Well done, Gardriel. I can't belief I missed the kill twice."

Thinking my troubles were over I walked outside, to find the town deserted, save for a couple of white lab coated people wandering around the city, asking for someone to come out and help them. Something seemed fishy with their behavior and I didn't like one bit of it, nor did Gardriel who had flared up in agitation and stayed close.  
sartol rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 1, 2, 2, 4 Total: 17 (6-36)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm
(edit: oi! wrong dice game there! Since I can't reset the dice roll, ignore this one, next post will have the AC and Dam roll, Second edit: literalized the role into RP form)
battle stats
Enemy: labtechs (w?grunnies)
AC: 12
HP: 60
Rolled AC: 6
Rolled damage: 19
Remaining enemy HP: 60

As I got closer to one of the labtechs he turned, and I saw a grunny stuffed in one of his pockets poking it's head out. The grunny shrieked which mad the labtech sneer>

"Ahh! a new test subject! but first we must subdue it, correct? Ahahah! and vat a splendid specimen at that!"

The creep rubbed his hands together for a while, before pulling out the grunny and letting it loose on me. The critter was faster then the last one I had faced, and I barely had time to retrieve and attack with my poisoned dagger. The darn beast, as if toying with me, had jumped onto the dagger as it came close ot it and jumped off, flying towards me with mouth wide open. I couldn't dodge it and it clamped it's fearsome teeth onto my arm, making me cry out in pain.  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 19 Total: 25 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 pm
(due to my own goof, acc and Damage roll for above post is here)  
sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 11 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 pm
(ok, and second attack for the DEC tenth EDIT: filled out RP section)
battle stats
Enemy: labtechs (w/grunnies)
Rolled AC: 11
Rolled damage: 11
Remaining enemy HP: 60

Gardriel didn't like that, and shot over to the labtech hoping that attacking him would make the grunny let go of my arm. As I struggled to pry the Green furball off my arm I heard the labtech chuckle.

"oh hohohoh! vat ist this? Ahh! two test subjects for ze price of one! Grunny keep that one busy while I trap this exquisite dark sprite specimen, vould you?"

I growled in anger at hearing the creep suggesting capturing my companion, and finally managed to get the grunny off my arm as I heard Gardriel cry in surprise. I looked up and saw the Labtech had caught Gardriel in a small jar, probably when she got close. My eyes flared with anger and I rushed the labtech in anger. As I got closer I raised my katana up to lop off his head, and stumbled as he ducked, but I managed to trip him as I past. As he fell he dropped the glass jar, which broke upon impact on the street. While this freed Gardriel, it also brought the attention of four other labtechs, each with their 'pet' grunny racing towards us in eagerness to taste more flesh.  

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

sartol rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-40)

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm
battle stats
Enemy: labtechs (w/grunnies)
Rolled AC: 9
Rolled damage: 5
Remaining enemy HP:

After being reassured that Gardriel was free and staying close to me, I turned around and swung my katana at the closest Labtech, who jumped back while laughing that annoying, high pitched laugh. The others that were coming my way laughed as well, and they all nearly sounded the same.

"I swear, are you all just a bunch of clones?!" I spat out as I noticed one of the grunnies coming closer. I went to kick it away but it dodged my foot, and Gardriel assured the beast couldn't get to my feet and bit me by sending a fire spark it's way. We were getting surrounded, and I didn't like it one bit. I looked around trying to find a way out, while keeping a guarded stance to fend off any attack that they made.  
Save Modmas!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff