Back to Guilds

Guild for organizing the Modmas roleplay 

Reply Save Modmas!
Episode 2: Time For Some Training! Tempest Style~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 19 Total: 33 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 am
Enemy:Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 14
Rolled Damage: 19

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 21

Remaining daily attacks:

Tempest wandered the mansion, looking for Gambino. I know he's the cause of all of this... After all that's happened, how could he? The world of Gaia was finally coming back to peace again, and just when she thought there was going to be a decent Christmas celebrated this year, someone had to go and cause trouble.

Walking into the next hallway, Tempest ran into one of the little suckers. "Great, a Grunny," she said, tightening her grip on her staff. This would be her first time battling one for real. A smile formed on her lips. "Let's get this party started."

She dashed at the Grunny, swooping in to make the first move. A few dodges and swift blows later, she left the creature backing off, tired from her attack. "Gotcha now, little man," she said, smile on her face; she knew she was winning so far. "Come on, let's tango."

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 8 Total: 26 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 am

Rolled AC: 18
Rolled Damage: 8

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 13

Remaining daily attacks:

The battle was getting tough. The Grunny had gotten a few attacks in of his own, and Tempest struggled to hold up her staff. Leaning against the long, sapphire staff, she stood still to catch her breath. "This is getting ridiculous," she mumbled, stretching while the Grunny rested on its own. "That's it!" she declared, standing up straight again. She rushed the creature, smashing the end of her staff into its ribs. The Grunny squealed, running off into another part of the mansion. "Hey," Tempest called, her hair hanging in her face. "I'm not finished with you yet!" Taking a deep breath, she lifted the staff and continued through the mansion, searching for the fleeing Grunny.  

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 7 Total: 21 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:58 am

Rolled AC: 14
Rolled Damage: 7

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 6

Remaining daily attacks:

Tempest managed to catch up to the injured creature, feeling a tinge of regret at the Grunny's limping. No, she thought, shaking the empathy from her mind. It's an evil creature. It's looking for you to be sympathetic before it ensnares you. Without another thought, she swiped at the Grunny, sweeping the staff to its feet and knocking it over before landing another blow onto its stomach. "Yes!" she shouted, knowing that this battle was near its end. "Take that, demonic creature!" She raised her staff for one last blow.  
T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 3 Total: 14 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 am

Rolled AC: 11
Rolled Damage: 3

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 3

Remaining daily attacks:

She hadn't realized how strong a real Grunny would be. "I must have run into one of the stronger breeds," she mumbled after another blow. I need more training. The creature just wouldn't give up. It swiped an attack of its own at her, catching her exposed side. "Argh!" she exclaimed, her bare skin bleeding from the slash. Anger triggered the adrenaline that rushed through her veins. "AH!!" she screamed in a warrior-like fashion. "Why won't you give up?!"  

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 16 Total: 27 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Rolled AC: 11
Rolled Damage: 16

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 0

Remaining daily attacks:

Tempest decided it was time to make a move. "I didn't want to have to use this..." she mumbled, spreading her feet apart to get a better grip. Damn Gambino. I'll show him that I'm strong enough to defeat his measly monsters! Shoulders back, center tightened, Tempest brought up her staff. The Grunny was frozen for a moment, captivated by the light captured on the top of her staff. "Take this, pitiful Grunny!" she shouted, hair spinning across her face as she spun her staff. The weapon twirled in her hands before being swung about in the air, gaining momentum and power. With another quick spin and a pivot of her feet, Tempest brought down the glowing staff. "Tempest Storm!!"

The Grunny squealed, the force of the staff knocking it back, sending it careening into a wall before exploding in a green fluff. Tempest breathed heavily, leaning against her knees. Tempest Storm took a lot out of her; it was one of her special moves. Those Kendo classes aren't enough for this, she thought bitterly. I'm going to have to train some more before moving on. If I can't defeat a simple Grunny in just a few hits, how will I manage a stronger enemy? She decided to take a rest for then, and to train herself on the swarm of left-over Grunnies in the next hall of the mansion.

--

Tier One: DEFEATED

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 6 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am
Enemy:Grunnies [Number two]

Rolled AC: 9
Rolled Damage: 6

Attack unsuccessful.

Enemy HP: 40

Remaining daily attacks:

She thought it would be best to keep training, as she kept down the hall. The more I train, the better chance I'll have at defeating the next enemy. Soon Tempest reached a main room, inhabited by Grunnies and Gaians alike. Seems like I wasn't the only one with the bright idea to seize the mansion, she thought, hair falling over one side of her face. The exposed skin of her abdomen that had been slashed by the previous Grunny still ached, and the more she moved, the more blood seeped into her newly-constructed bandage. No time for fixing now, she thought gruffly, charging a Grunny that had gotten away from a fellow Gaian. She had thought the element of surprise would work in her favor, but her not-so-graceful leap warned the Grunny of her approach, and had it darting off to the side; she smashed into the ground, wincing at the pain.

"I'll get you, you devilish rodent," she spat, only paying attention to her and the monster, as if they were the only ones in the room.

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Enemy:Grunnies [Number two]

Rolled AC: 5
Rolled Damage: 5

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining daily attacks:

The Grunny continued its tango of hit-and-miss with Tempest, most of its attacks hitting and hers missing. "Ugh!" she screamed, frustrated that this enemy seemed to be stronger than her last. "I'm getting sick of these Grunnies. Gambino, you'll pay for this!"

It wasn't just to save the day; Tempest had no interest in being a heroine. Sure, she wanted to help in securing Christmas with the rest of the Gaians, but she had her own personal vendetta against the man. He'll pay for what he did to her, she vowed silently, running after the fleeing Grunny. He'll pay. In the meantime, his experiments will pay the price.

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 12 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 pm
Enemy: Labtechs
AC: 12
HP: 60

Rolled AC: 3
Rolled Damage: 12

Attack unsuccessful.

Enemy HP: 60

Remaining daily attacks:

She had meant to catch the demented creature, but upon running deeper into the mansion, she passed a group of Grunnies rushing another group of Gaians, and she darted into a stray room that happened to be unlocked. "Thank god," she muttered, breathing heavily against the door. Upon investigation, she realized that the 'room' was bigger than she had thought; it looked more like a meeting or conference room. And it wasn't empty.

The shadow of person stood in the corner, and Tempest approached it in relief. "Excuse me," she said, reaching a hand to the figure's shoulder; she thought it was a fellow Gaian. "Could you direct me to Gambino?"

The figure turned around swiftly, and Tempest stepped back in horror. It was no fellow warrior at all, but a Labtech employee. And this was was clearly not normal, a Grunny munching on its brains. An ominous moan escaped from its lips before it lunged at Tempest. "No!" she shouted, panicking and losing her footing. The monster pushed her into the large table in the middle of the room, and she fell over, bruising her ribs badly. It took all she had not to pass out as the seemingly man stood over her, eyes glazed over. Another moan escaped its mouth before Tempest gave another scream.

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:00 am

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled Damage: 9

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining daily attacks:

This Tempest was not prepared for. The ache in her ribs reverberated throughout her whole entire body, and she struggled to stand. The creature was getting closer, closer... she had to move now! After a moment, Tempest was able to use the table to pull herself up, and she limped over to a corner. The move left the Labtech momentarily confused, but he caught on and began after her. At least they're slow, she thought, breathing heavily. And none too bright. This may be to my advantage.

Struggling to lift her staff, she knew that it was hopeless -- she had no strength to wield it. Instead she lifted one boot-clad foot to the edge of the table and shoved it into the thing; it was momentarily stunned, but didn't seem to contract any damage. Tempest hissed a curse under her breath and ran out of the room, pulling the door shut behind her. Hopefully, it will take awhile before it figures out how to open that.

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:00 am

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled Damage: 4

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining daily attacks:

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:37 am

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled Damage: 4

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining daily attacks:

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 am

Rolled AC: 2
Rolled Damage: 6

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining daily attacks:

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 20 Total: 37 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Rolled AC: 17
Rolled Damage: 20

Attack successful.

Remaining daily attacks:

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 2 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Rolled AC: 17
Rolled Damage: 2

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 38

Remaining daily attacks:

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

T e m p e s t__X V rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 7 Total: 19 (2-40)

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 am

Rolled AC: 12
Rolled Damage: 7

Attack successful.

Enemy HP: 31

Remaining daily attacks:

Save Modmas!