Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my storyline?
  Yes!!
  Not really.
View Results
Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 7 Total: 19 (2-40)

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 am
Setting down her drained glass, a stunningly beautiful young woman turns away from the bar. At 6'1 she is lean and enticing. Athena, only known by the unique name given to her by the organization known as The M.O.D.S (Moderators Opposing the Destruction of Serenity), sets her tip on the counter. She is a part of a special task force of powerfully skilled Gaians assembled by the Moderators to protect the innocents of Gaia. A security force with special talents, if you will. Not much else is known about The Organization, except that it consists mainly of females. Of The Organization, Athena is ranked at number One.
"Thanks Vanzir, we'll be about now." She flashes a quick smile at the bartender, making him shiver with longing. Her deep violet eyes dance as she laughs seductively and crosses to the door.

Every step unknowingly taking her closer to hell Athena sets out towards the base with her warriors-in-training, some of the most promising new scouts. Her face flushed against the winter wind and a warm smile on her lips she laughs with her girls. The wind picks up, lavishing her waist length, silken, raven colored hair. She wraps her scarf tighter around her soft neck. Even though she doesn't feel the chill, there is something else on the air tonight that makes her uneasy. Engrossed in conversation with Soul Angel, the newest recruit, she tilts her head back and laughs. An eerie sound drifts to her ears. She stops abruptly and the three girls trailing behind them nearly take each other down in an effort to not crash into her. Soul Angel looks up into her leader's face, wrought with concern.
"What's the matter?" She asks.
Athena looks down at her ward and smiles. "Nothing my dear, I just thought I heard someone laughing."

Just then Claire Voyant, second in command to Athena and the little group, lets out an ear piercing scream. The girls look to Athena for guidance. "What's happened!", The twins shout in unison.
Sapphire and Jade, the youngest at 17, possess great abilities and are advanced beyond their age. "Something attacked me!" Claire shrieks, "You're not going to believe this but I swear I thought I saw a... a Grunny..."
Athena instantly unsheathes her sword. "Everyone, stay close. I have a feeling we are about to test your abilities sooner than we planned."
Claire's pale face crumples as her soft rose colored lips form a pout. Jade holds onto her sister's hand as they brace themselves for coming dangers. Soul's teeth begin to chatter. "What if I can't do it?" She whispers.
"You can," Athena answers her simply.

The girls all turn their attention to the edge of the forest. The trees begin to shake with unbelievable force. An enormous group of Grunnies, ugly and ravenous, emerge from the tree line. "Get ready warriors!" Athena cries.
They move into position around eachother, everyone shielding Claire from danger. Athena darts out and to the left, drawing the large crowd of Grunnies away from her girls. "That's it, come to me" she encourages under her breath.
She raises her sword as the horde descends upon her and with a cry for war a blaze pierces the darkness. Athena's smile lights the night as her flaming sword rings true, knocking out five of the green menaces. Her graceful sword sings through the air, but they just seem to keep coming.

Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 12
Rolled damage: 7

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 33

Remaining daily attacks: 1

Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 18 Total: 24 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:26 am
Pressing onward, Athena and her warriors fight and yet, their strength dwindles. Soul has taken to caring for Claire, unable to fight from frozen fear. "I hate myself. Why can't I just fight? Why haven't I found how to control my abilities yet?"
Tears fall from her crystal green eyes and onto her plump and rosy cheeks. Coughing from the cold, blood staining the snow from the gash on her left leg, Claire grabs onto her friend's hand. "Don't worry so much," she encourages, "It was months before I knew the extent of my abilities and look at me now. I know you're beating yourself up right now, but when the time comes, you'll know."
Claire smiles softly at her friend. "You know," Soul starts, "It's really creepy when you read my thoughts like that..." then she erupts into laughter.
"Thanks for making me feel better, Claire."
"Any time."
The shouts and cries of their comrades fill the air. "Do you think they'll be alright?"
"They always are."

"Jade, Sapphire! Pull back, there are too many!"
Athena puts her blade through another Grunny. "It's almost like" Jade starts.
"They're multiplying!" Sapphire finishes. "We've been burning and freezing them and blowing them all over the place but they just keep coming!"
Athena glances over her shoulder at the fast developing and powerful twins able to command the elements. "Since when can you harness air?" She asks, astounded that just last week they were working on water and ice.
Sapphire shoots her a look of triumph, her golden eyes and shoulder length hair blazing. "Happened this morning at breakfast."
She stomps on a Grunny with the heel of her boot. "I accidentally blew my cereal into Jade's face!" Athena can't help but laugh at that.

Still laughing as she turns around, a Grunny leaps up and, clinging to her side, scratches its dingy claws into her, raking a long trail down her side. It welts instantly, oozing a muddy looking goo. She beheads it, but not before it accomplishes its task. "We need to get out of here!" Jade screams.
Cutting their losses the girls run to get Claire and Soul. "We need to get to the manor!" Athena gasps.
The girls look at each other, all bruised and cold. Claire struggles to a sitting position. "I don't know if we can make it there..."
Athena shakes her head. "I know we can. We will," she protests. As the girls turn to face more of the dangerous Grunnies, they stare in amazement as the beasts make a hasty retreat. "What the..." Jade whispers, mouth agape.
"What the..." Sapphire echoes.
Athena turns and begins to usher the girls toward their lodgings , a few miles up the path. "I'm not sure how we managed that one, but I'm not about to look too closely. We need to contact Headquarters and fast. This was no coincidence. Not so close to Modmas."
Her troops nod in agreement as they begin to trudge their way back home. Athena is limping, and badly. "Does it hurt much?" Soul wonders.
Athena shrugs. "I've had worse."
Soul scoops Claire into her arms and tries to shield her friend from the cold. "Thanks Soul."
"Don't worry about it, I know you'd do the same for me."
The squad makes slow progess as they climb uphill. "What do you think is going to happen now?" Jade asks.
Athena looks down at her, her brow furrowing. "This time, girls, I really don't know."

HP: 33

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled damage: 18

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 33

Remaining daily attacks: 0

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 7 Total: 26 (2-40)

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 am
Athena and her troop climb the trail on the hills for what feels like forever, and everyone is suffering. "Girls, did you notice anything strange just before the attack?" She asks. The girls all stare at one another, waiting for someone to speak up. It's Claire that does.
"Right before I was attacked, I had stopped to listen to the wind. I thought a snide laughter was riding on it. Then I realized you had heard it too and was about to rejoin the group when it attacked my leg." She shivered at the memory.
"You're right I did hear it too. I found it very disturbing." Athena looks at her girls, battered and war-lorn.
"Finally!" The twins shout. Up ahead, the outline of a small yet cozy looking cottage comes into view.
"Now girls, I'm going to need you to do some things for me." Athena looks to Soul Angel first. "I'm going to need you to give me a hand getting Claire to the bath house with me. Also, I'm leaving you in charge and am expecting you to have the girls cleaned up and settled in when I get back. Girls, I need you to do your best to be brave. You'll have to do dinner on your own while I dress our wounds. Contact HQ for me. Tell them everything that has happened and that I expect to speak with them soon."

When they reach the cabin, Soul helps Athena take Claire around the side of the house to the adjoining bath house as the other girls file into the house. "I'll start the fire!" Jade proclaims. Athena feels a burst of pride for her girls. Shaking her head she thinks, "Even after all this, they still have such high spirits."
"It would take a lot to break us" Claire says. Startled, Athena looks down at her.
"What have I told you about interrupting my thoughts dear girl?" A slow smile spreads across her lovely face, making her features much younger. At twenty three, Athena has been at this a long while. Claire giggles an apology to her leader. They head into the bath house and get Claire seated on the edge of the pool. "Thank you Soul, you can join the others now." And with that Soul was gone.

Athena peels off her clothes and slips into the water. She winces as the water cleanses her wound.
"That bad huh?" Claire asks. "I haven't seen you make that face in some time." Athena wades over to Claire and begins to remove her boots.
"I've had worse, but this definitely hurts." She slips off Claire's socks and begins to help her with her pants. "I'm sorry in advance if I hurt you." She whispers.
"Don't worry, I trust you." Claire reaches over and plants a tender kiss on Athena's forehead. Her eyes dance in the dim light. Claire removes her own shirt and lets Athena lift her into the pool. She makes a hissing sound between her teeth.
"Sorry, it stings a lot" She confesses.
"It's alright, You don't have to explain to me. How long have we been partners?"
"Five years."
"Then you know you don't have to do that with me." Athena wades over to a shallow ledge submerged by the other end of the pool. Gingerly, she sets Claire on the stone and sits beside her. "You know, I'm not made of glass, you won't break me."
"If it wasn't you, your ability would wear my patience thin girl. But since we joined the M.O.D.S. at the same time, I'm used to it."
"Can you believe we were only 18? And back then we were the youngest warriors of our time. Though we're still the best." Claire rests her head on Athena's shoulder.
"Even then, when I was first learning how to wield my gifts, I sensed a strong connection between us." She lets her hand cover Athena's.
Athena lets out a small sigh. "It's quite funny thinking back. I thought I could hide my feelings and thoughts from you...the empath."
"It was hard not to laugh when you were near me. I could feel your nerves in the next room over." Laughing she leans her face up and kisses her cheek. "When you finally asked me out I thought you were going to faint right then and there!" Playfully Athena splashes her partner.
"Yeah, yeah, I know you can be smug all you want but in the end it still worked out for me so it doesn't really matter how we came to be, just that we are now."
"And still."

After finishing bathing, Soul appears in the doorway with towels. "I just came to bring these and to bring you a message from Head Quarters" She looks at her leaders, and realizing her mistake turns to the side. "Erm. My apologies. I thought you might be finished." Athena and Claire break away from each other, blushing.
"It's alright," Athena soothes, "You aren't in trouble my dear. We are all girls here. But I would gladly have a towel from your arms."
"Me too please." Entering the room more cautiously, Soul walks over and passes down the towels. Wrapping herself and then Claire, Athena braces her partner for the lift out of the pool. Athena sets to work bandaging her wounds and Claire's. "You'll probably be immobile for a day or two but it should heal nicely. Now Soul, please tell me what news HQ has delivered."
"Well, it's good and bad. Ken said there have been multiple Grunny attacks against the M.O.D.S. all over the world. So not only our sector was attacked. The good news is that we seem to be winning. The bad news, the Grunnies are only letting up if they land a blow on one of the leaders. They're saying it must be the work of Gambino. He's the only one in Gaia who can't stand Modmas."

Athena carries Claire into the house. "Have you told the others?"
"Yes they were there when the message came in." Soul looks at her fellow troops. "We're all pretty worried. Do you think things will get worse?"
Athena lowers her eyes, her long lashes sweeping her cheeks.
"I have a feeling it's going to get much worse before it ever gets better. But let's just be thankful for the win tonight and we'll face tomorrow with a vengeance." With that, the girls head up to their rooms and Claire and Athena to theirs. "So it's clear that Soul knows, how long do you think it will take the rest of them to figure it out?" Claire and Athena laugh their way to bed. Athena helps Claire dress and lays her on the bed, pulling up the covers around her. She turns out the light and climbs beneath the blankets. "Well it'll dawn on them sooner or later, though I don't think it will be an issue."
"I can sense that the other girls have an inkling, but they're keep it to themselves mostly. At any rate, I'm exhausted. I'm just glad we made it out in one piece. Thanks for taking care of me tonight."
"My pleasure. We'll replace the bandages tomorrow. Sleep well Claire."
"You too."

HP: 33

Rolled AC: 19
Rolled damage: 7

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 26

Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 16 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 am
HP: 26

Rolled AC: 7
Rolled damage: 16

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 26

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 20 Total: 36 (2-40)

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 am
HP: 26

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 20

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 6

Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 4 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 am
HP: 6

Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 4

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 2

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 pm
heart  
Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 4 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm
HP: 2

Rolled AC: 19
Rolled damage: 4

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 0

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:06 pm
heart  
Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 13 Total: 33 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:07 pm
Enemy: Labtechs
AC: 12
HP: 60

Rolled AC: 20
Rolled damage: 13

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 47

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm
heart  
Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Rolled AC: 9
Rolled damage: 5

Attack unsuccessful.

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:23 pm
heart  
Aphrodite Harbinger rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 20 Total: 24 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 20

Attack unsuccessful.

Aphrodite Harbinger

Timid Shapeshifter

Aphrodite Harbinger