Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Introductions of Sorts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 pm
I didn't see an intro thread, so figured I'd make one. So... Here goes!

Salve, salut, greetings. I go by Eizo on most of the internet, Cho the rest of it, and I'm not the avid reader I used to be, but I'm still in love with the written word.

I'm a Tolkien/Asimov/Lovecraft/Harris fan, the latter being Thomas, not Charlaine or whoever else. I read a little bit of everything but romance, my two highest being, obviously, fantasy and sci-fi. Psych thrillers sometimes trade spaces between them, though. xD

I'm also a hobbyist artist and writer, with a cast of more than 40 characters to my name, five or six of which are active at any given time. Most active are my vampire(s), a blood/ice mage, and an extraplanar fire entity. And no, they don't get along too well. lol I'm a D&D, Elder Scrolls, and WoW nerd. Comes with the fantasy territory. =D (Seinin, Tauren Druid, Demon Soul server if you play and care to look me up!)

And I think that's all for me. If this gets Stickied, then go right ahead and introduce yourselves, as well!

Lookin' forward to meetin' y'all. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm
Welcome to the Friends of English Magic! (great idea, stickied! )  

Lady Pole
Crew

archenteron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:33 pm
Great! Now I don't have to be the first person to speak.

Myself ... I spend too much time dwelling on. Never get into a conversation with me about me.

I used to DnD, I had a Tiefling mage (chaos), a Halfling cleric (lawful-good, you know THOSE two never got along) and sometimes a dragonborn I never used all that much.

I play PWI when I can. I love to read (duh) ... I wish I could do more of it. Lovecraft, Tolkien, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Douglas Adams, Anne McCaffrey, Piers Anthony, LeGuin, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Poe, the Harry Potter series once I actually got into it, Kurt Vonnegut, ... yeah. way too many authors are on my "THAT'S MY FAVORITE WRITER OF ALL TIME" list.
rolleyes

I also write, badly; mostly stories where a lot of people die horribly. I'm more of a visual artist than anything else. I will do free avi-art on request, when I'm not busy.

I'm obsessed with dragons.

I'm a second-year vet student, so my free-time is woefully short. Don't let the whole "vet student" thing fool you. I'm really not all that bright, outside the classroom. Today I burned myself while trying to cook up some rice.

Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:52 pm
welcome, acheron!  

Lady Pole
Crew

archenteron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:00 am
Wintertowne
welcome, acheron!

Acheron is a place.
Archenteron is a structure.
It means, quite literally, "ancient gut."
razz
It's an embryological term that I happen to be quite fond of.
It just sounds cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:03 am
Wintertowne
welcome, acheron!

Acheron: place, river, wtv. I just looked up Acheron on the google. hell... i need to brush up on my mythology.

In more recent news, one of my characters discovers that when he writes, he writes backwards. I don't know when this actually happens, the he first tries to write something in the story, but I think I would be a bit freaked out if it happened to me.  

archenteron

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm
Wintertowne
welcome, acheron!
redface

Welcome archenteron! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm
archenteron
Wintertowne
welcome, acheron!

Acheron is a place.
Archenteron is a structure.
It means, quite literally, "ancient gut."
razz
It's an embryological term that I happen to be quite fond of.
It just sounds cool.

Ancient gut - I love it smile  

Lady Pole
Crew

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:41 pm
Hmm...do I have to write that much? haha

Well, I'm musicmagician823, aka Sarah. I just love the fantasy genre because it's the one of the least connected-to-real-life genres out there. I use reading/watching movies to escape from this world and venture into another, and I believe the most effective way to do that is by reading/watching fantasy. In saying that, I haven't been reading as much as I used to lately, but I aim to get back into it over the Christmas holidays.

My favourite book and movie series is Harry Potter, which I am absolutely obsessed with, and I also loved Deltora Quest when I was younger as well as the Rondo series, also by Emily Rodda. I'm constantly looking for suggestions/recommendations from people about what books to read, so feel free to PM me and let me know if you have any smile

As for the writing side of things, I really suck at writing stories sad haha I used to try so hard to write a fantasy story, and I didn't get very far and then I had no idea where to go from the point I was at, so I gave up.

So that's me smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 pm
Welcome musicmagician823!  

Lady Pole
Crew

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:53 pm
musicmagician823

I just love the fantasy genre because it's the one of the least connected-to-real-life genres out there. I use reading/watching movies to escape from this world and venture into another,
Amen! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:01 am
I looked at the guild homepage and it was scary how many of the books listed I had read so naturally I sent the guild join request. And they were crazy enough to let me join!

I love reading fantasy too, I've used it to escape like musicmagician and there are so many books out there to read. If you have a suggestion for what I should read next please enlighten me!  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:04 am
Welcome, ContrabassClarinetist! I love your username smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:59 pm
Hi ContrabassClarinetist
Nice to have new friend here.  

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Une Belle Histoire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 pm
Hello there!
My name is Dyni and I love reading/watching/collection fantasy. Terry Pratchett's Discworld is my absolute favorite genre but there's so much good stuff out there: I love the Harry Potter world, Clive Barker, Tolkien, Jan Siegel, Douglas Adams and many, many more... Fanfiction is my secret vice and I read way to much of it, especially Harry Potter fanfiction... redface  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff