Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
The Sentence Story Game Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:08 am
Don't just post the next sentence - include the story so far! Copy the post before yours!

Thanks to Lady Midori for the idea <3 She writes:

The concept is easy. I'll start off with a sentence to begin the story. Then the next person adds another sentence and we keep building sentences into a story.

For Example:

I would post:
Once upon a time there lived a beautiful princess.

Then the next person may post:
She lived with her wicked step mother.

Rules:

You can only post one sentence at a time. If you want to write something else you are going to have to wait until someone else writes a sentence first! (This rule may be revised if there is not enough interest to keep the story going.)

You may write one sentence of speech and then one or two to clarify who is speaking, if that is required. For example:

"We will never be able to get this box open in time!" Shouted Karyn.

Try to keep the theme fantasy-ish. It is more fun that way.

Keep it PG-13 people. Let's not corrupt the minds of our young - or young at heart! - Gaians.

If the story gets too difficult to write, start a new one. However, please state that you are doing so. Also, don't abuse this privilege by constantly starting new stories - just because you can't think of anything to write does not mean that it is the same for everyone. Do your best to think of a sentence!

If there arises a situation in which you need to say something that is not part of the story, please put it in (parenthesis).

Try to have good spelling and grammar. I am not asking for perfection (I make lots of mistakes of my own...trust me!) but please refrain from 1337 and chatspeak. They do nothing to compliment your intelligence.

Have fun!!! (this is mandatory!)

This is a great way to release some creativity. Okay, let's see what we can do!

I'll start:

The was no doubt about it now: the brush was whispering to her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 am
The was no doubt about it now: the brush was whispering to her. She moved a few steps closer.  

Lady Pole
Crew

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:39 pm
Her fears gave her pause for only a few moments before her curiosity won her over and she reached for the murmuring brush.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:49 am
The was no doubt about it now: the brush was whispering to her. She moved a few steps closer. Her fears gave her pause for only a few moments before her curiosity won her over and she reached for the murmuring brush.

Pushing the leaves aside with both hands, she saw a brightly creature who appeared to be in some distress.  

Lady Pole
Crew

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm
The was no doubt about it now: the brush was whispering to her. She moved a few steps closer. Her fears gave her pause for only a few moments before her curiosity won her over and she reached for the murmuring brush.

Pushing the leaves aside with both hands, she saw a brightly creature who appeared to be in some distress. Looking around for some inspiration as to what to do, she was struck with an idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:36 pm
"Hey! Why don't I pet it, give it a home, and dress it up," she thought.
Then she hugged it and think about its name.  

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Pushing the leaves aside with both hands, she saw a brightly creature who appeared to be in some distress. Looking around for some inspiration as to what to do, she was struck with an idea.

Then she hugged it and think about its name. It squeaked curiously up at her, oversized claws gently poking her fingers.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:50 am

Then she hugged it and thought about its name. It squeaked curiously up at her, oversized claws gently poking her fingers.

"I shall take you home and name you Squishy and you'll be my Squishy!" she said.  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

archenteron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 am

Then she hugged it and thought about its name. It squeaked curiously up at her, oversized claws gently poking her fingers.

"I shall take you home and name you Squishy and you'll be my Squishy!" she said.

"Squishy" seemed rather nonplussed by the idea of being so named, but it consented to being cuddled and fed, peering curiously from two-toned eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Pushing the leaves aside with both hands, she saw a brightly colored creature who appeared to be in some distress. Looking around for some inspiration as to what to do, she was struck with an idea.

"Squishy" seemed rather nonplussed by the idea of being so named, but it consented to being cuddled and fed, peering curiously from two-toned eyes. The girl, who was on the verge of telling Squishy (and the readers) her name, suddenly fell silent as she heard a distant roaring from deep in the forest.  

Lady Pole
Crew

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:04 pm
It was a roar unlike any she had heard before in her not so long life and it caused both Squishy and her to tremble in fear and anticipation for what fearsome yet magnificent creature could create such a noise?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 am

Pushing the leaves aside with both hands, she saw a brightly colored creature who appeared to be in some distress. Looking around for some inspiration as to what to do, she was struck with an idea.

"Squishy" seemed rather nonplussed by the idea of being so named, but it consented to being cuddled and fed, peering curiously from two-toned eyes. The girl, who was on the verge of telling Squishy (and the readers) her name, suddenly fell silent as she heard a distant roaring from deep in the forest.

It was a roar unlike any she had heard before in her not so long life and it caused both Squishy and her to tremble in fear and anticipation for what fearsome yet magnificent creature could create such a noise?

"I shall investigate this tintinabulation!" our heroine exclaimed.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:33 pm
*breaks out his unabridged dictionary, tintinabulation.....hmm, ah! Disturbing noise! My my my, feeling loquacious today?*

With Squishy safely perched upon her shoulder she began creeping stealthily through the brush towards where she believed the roar had come.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:31 am
((( Huh, I thought tinntinabulation was a made-up word by Edgar Allen Poe... that's cool they added it to the dictionary smile )))

"I shall investigate this tintinabulation!" our heroine exclaimed. With Squishy safely perched upon her shoulder she began creeping stealthily through the brush towards where she believed the roar had come. As she brushed past a patch of momeraths, she heard the roar again - and it seemed to come right behind the tree in front of her.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm
This alaremed her greatly for she must have passed the beast and she stopped so suddenly that her shadow tripped over her and fell at her feet.  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff