Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
BOOOO dubbed version!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zan_cloud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:48 pm
I hate Toonami!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR scream domokun scream domokun scream

I only watch the Japanese version (subtitled!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:43 pm
don't hate.....some people never would have even known about naruto if not for the toonami dubbed version.....yes it's horrible but hey you have to respect that now there are even more naruto fans 3nodding  

Historical

pinoyidol2006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:19 pm
Americans have a different accent!!! People ponder this: Can japanese people dub Looney Toones as good as americans?

No. Because we were used to the american voices. That's exactly what happened to Naruto. We always heard Naruto the japanese way...

P.S.

Although taking out the kiss and blood was definately a boo... Maybe Toonami doesn't think that US Teenagers can't handle a little bloodshed... Heck, I don't blame them  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:21 am
LMFAO!!! where'd the hell loony toons come from? random much? yeah, its mostly because of the accent that the voices are different but you cannot blame narutos and kankuros voice on the accent. now yes there are more naruto fans, all my friends because they lack computers that can download..poor them...but yeah and my sister who just didn't watch it cuz of blood...-shrugs- but the result of having the no blood and such thing has only led my sister to liking naruto and and being ob-freaking-sessed with the single most stupidiest character..Sasuke...my opinion..and for some strange reason everybody and they momma (litterally) thinks i like that idiot. oh im digressing...but i dont really like the voices and how they cut it up but yeah you can blame the different cultures and accents on it i suppose. ^.^;;; sweatdrop  

keira_hazuki

zan_cloud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:17 am
Im sorry to be rude but I could care LESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Naruto was a great thing in japanese but now in american It got messed up!!!!!

Naruto dubbed...DIE!!!!!!!!!

I'll stick to the japanese version thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:51 am
ok then you do that and let the people who can't watch that watch the dubbed version 3nodding stare  

Historical

Rakoga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:22 pm
zan_cloud, many people are right. Some people don't have the chance to watch the subbed version of Naruto. And even then, Toonami was trying to go for a tiny bit younger audience. they are going for 10-12 year olds. That's why Toonami took out the blood and the kiss. Also, the others are also right about the translations and the voices. when you watch one version, then watch the other version, in either order, it sounds messed up. This can happen with any anime. Normally, it changes when you watch it in Japanese then English, but it can go from English to Japanese. I myself watch both versions. I started with watching the Japanese. Then, i wanted to watch the English version to see what their voices sounded like and what they did to it, like cutting the kiss and blood and all. I admit, it's not as good as the japanese version, but give it some slack. the first 20 episodes are horrible anyways (sorry zabuza and haku fans). Now it will start getting better. if you still dont want to watch it in english then go ahead. You can let other people do what they want.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:32 am
They didn't take out the kiss.  

Arcana Wolf

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 pm
I hate the way they pronounce "Naruto" It's like...Naruto. I know I can't say it by post, but I'd rather have them say it the wrong way then say it that way...It's like...Romanizing Japanese...by speaking!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:46 am
Way too many of these "Naruto dub sucks!" topics. I have four words for you: Get used to it.There is no way you can go to Cartoon Network and stop it from showing episodes of Naruto. Like I've said before, what do you want the original seiyuu's to do, come over to America and do the voices in English? Right. So please stop complaining. If you hate it so much, mutter to yourself, and don't make boards about it.

I know what you mean, the way the English pronounce it is like "Narruto" and not "Naruto". That's a bit annoying, I must admit.  

The Tao of Maple Syrup

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:21 pm
In English they say Na-roo-toe. >< And it should be Na-do-to >< I can't think of how to spell it... but it's kinda like a SLIGHT rolling of the tongue.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:44 pm
CrimThunder
Way too many of these "Naruto dub sucks!" topics. I have four words for you: Get used to it.There is no way you can go to Cartoon Network and stop it from showing episodes of Naruto. Like I've said before, what do you want the original seiyuu's to do, come over to America and do the voices in English? Right. So please stop complaining. If you hate it so much, mutter to yourself, and don't make boards about it.

I know what you mean, the way the English pronounce it is like "Narruto" and not "Naruto". That's a bit annoying, I must admit.
finally, someone who actually understands things logically stare , and for the naruto pronunciation thing.....i can't really tell the difference....i think im gonna watch the subbed and dubbed and then ill get back to you 3nodding  

Historical

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:17 am
Lol It's supposed to have that slight rolling of the tongue, not just Na-roo-toe ><  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:53 am
CrimThunder

FINALLY! *hugs* I was waiting for somebody to say somthing like that! I thoguht it was Nara-toe..  

Public Pervert

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:42 pm
lol no it's not Nara-toe xd  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games