Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
The Sims Medieval Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siiiiims <3
  8D
View Results

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:13 pm
I haven't seen anyone make a topic about this upcoming game yet.

EA is coming out with a new Sims game set in the Middle-Ages, coming out in March 2011.

"New Features: Heroes, Quests, Kingdom-Building
Create Heroes - Build up their skills and send them on epic quests
Quests - Drive your kingdom’s story - Good or evil, cruel or kind, romantic or warlike
Build a Kingdom - Start with an empty field and build up your kingdom, deciding its ultimate ambition and working to achieve its destiny

Other Features
Achievement system – Be rewarded you for your skill in reaching your kingdom ambitions and completing your quests.
Magic - Your wizard will learn a variety of powerful spells that will help him complete quests and carry out his duties to the kingdom.
Crafting system - Your blacksmith will forge weapons of varying quality you’re your physician will create cures for a variety of ailments.
Diplomatic system - Negotiate treaties, conduct trade or declare war on surrounding kingdoms.
Fishing - Yes, there is fishing."

Check out the website and the awesome trailer.

ARMAGAHD I'M SO EXCITED gonk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 pm
IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS TOO!!!! BAHHH!!!!

Except, they'd be ten times cooler if they made it for the console, instead. I feel like quest-like games should be on the PS3. Plus, all of our computers are already jammed-pack with all of the sims 3 and expansions, if we don't all have sims 2 on our computers as well.

Darth Kosher

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 am
Whooa, this sounds awesome!

I agree, it'd be cooler for a console. Although I don't have the PS3, so I'd rather it be on something else... Such as the Wii, X-box, or PS2 (doubt they would make it for the PS2 though)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 pm
If they're going to release it for consoles, I'm rather glad they're releasing it for computers first, because that's the only gaming platform I use. gonk  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Allrose

Beloved Lunatic

15,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 pm
Yeah that looks pretty good, but I'll wait for a long while. I dont have the greatest computer right now :/  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:02 am
FoxyChibiChan
Whooa, this sounds awesome!

I agree, it'd be cooler for a console. Although I don't have the PS3, so I'd rather it be on something else... Such as the Wii, X-box, or PS2 (doubt they would make it for the PS2 though)

Unfortunatly, though, we all know how long it took EA to bring out The Sims 3 for console, it was practically after three full expansion packs, and a few stuff packs. I'm sure EA will milk the whole Sims on console thing for a while, until they release anything new (ex/ neighborhoods, ect). Then MAYBE They'll bring the expansions on there as well as Sims Midevil. Hopefully.

Fingers crossed.

I have a great computer, I just don't enjoy playing Sims 3 on it, compaired to the Sims 3 ps3, where I can play it (and get trophies/rewards). It sort of seems to have more of a point to it

Darth Kosher

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:09 pm
This game looks excellent. I quite want a copy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 pm
I want it for xbox! gonk

i don't like having many games on my pc...  

Demon Days

Alec Eifel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 am
I just bought it yesterday at Walmart. Totaly impluse buy like anything with "Sims" on it. I havnt had a chance to try it though. Probably will in the next hour. Il let you guys know how it is :p  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am
So far Ive played for about an hour and I really like it. The graphics are great and the game is fun and still kind of silly, just how I like it.

Only thing I dislike so far is its not a sandbox like game like The Sims. You cant build a house from the ground up, but you can decorate rooms in your castle.

You can get your sims married and have kids, but I heard the kids dont grow up.

If youre really into medieval things, its a great game.  

Alec Eifel

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Alec, your summary is actually prompting me to buy it! I'm thinking of getting it after my finals are over so I don't have anything to distract me during study period. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 pm
User Image

I wish I could get a refund for my copy, I ended up buying the digital limited edition preorder and I don't like the lack of features for the 2 genres it's trying to combine. I think for a game claiming as Sims it should definitely not be all rabbitholes and have better customization. As well as allowing you to work from the bottom up to monarch.

User Image  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Can i b ur savior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 pm
I like it. It's pretty decent. Although with the quests and the responsibilities your sims have for the kingdom and what not I get a bit overwhelmed. Especially when you can't figure out what you need for the responsibilities in time. Other than that I really like it. I love the humorous introduction, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am
Well, I'm still holding off on buying it, since my exams aren't over until the end of the month. Did they release the PC and Mac versions at the same time?  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Can i b ur savior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm
SilverMaple
Well, I'm still holding off on buying it, since my exams aren't over until the end of the month. Did they release the PC and Mac versions at the same time?

It's one disc that's made for PC and Mac smile  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces