Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[U/C] Mnyama'nafsi (Skin-Walker Pride); But OPEN! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

.The Mnyama'nafsi.
.The Skin-Walker Pride.

OOC Owners: hibi-tea & fuKurohane
IC Owner: To'ir (Tropiki'baa) & His Queen :T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:50 pm

.Pridal Information.

- Secluded in forested area, easily overlooked because of its heavy brush.

Beliefs
Spirit Animals
- The Mnyama'nafsi's underlying belief system comprises of the simple fact they believe they are everything but a mere lion. Each individual in the M'N feels spiritually attracted to a particular animal and this spiritual attraction is believed to be their 'true self' calling out to them. Beckoning them to come forth and become one with the animal.

Becoming one with your animal is a ritualistic process, which includes the hunting and killing of the animal each lion feels spiritually attracted to, the eating and cleaning of its insides, and the cleaning of the pelt. Each lion eats the insides of the animal they feel spiritually attracted to in order to attain the animal's power and attributes. In doing so, they believe they will become that animal and live the rest of their lives as that animal.

Albino Animals
- Albino Animals are a restriction on the pelts in which is available to the pride. Tropiki'baa personally believes that Albinos are soulless creatures, having lost everything that made them fit into their grouping. Lions who bond with Albino animals, or attempt to be one with them are driven out as there is no room for soulless creatures in the world.

Mating
- The M'N is a pride that holds strict standards when it comes to their ways. Skin-Walkers believe that mating is a major life choice, and that as there is only one animal that can be your 'true self' there is only one individual that can be your 'true mate'. Plainly, they mate for life.

Who you mate yourself to Clan wise is a private matter, but for the most part Clans marry within the Clan. IT is not unheard of for Inter-Clan marriage to occur though.

Non-Lions & Flings
- Non-lions are strictly forbidden from the pride. Since anything aside from lions are seen as possible spirit animals, it would be extremely dangerous for any non-lion to make their home within the pridal lands. Chances are they would end up dead and worn.

Even though Life-Mating is the standard held by the pride, it is not unheard of for flings to occur. When a fling that occurs involves the production of a hybrid, the mothers have one of two choices:
- The mother can raise her hybrid offspring outside of the pride until they're old enough to be on their own.
- She can throw them in another pride.

The M'N will NOT take hyrbids, despite being half-lion. They're still at a large risk of being seen as spirit animals and To'ir does not want to see mothers in heart-ache because one of their hybrid children was slaughtered in the night for their pelt.

Ceremonies

Meeting of the Halmashauri
The center of the government is the Halmashauri. The Diwani of each clan meet regularly to discuss matters that affect the entire pride, and may have meetings that last for several days. The Mfalme and Malkia are always present at these meetings and act as tiebreakers for decisions, but will always have the higher power to overrule anything that the Halmashauri decide on. Either the Mfalme or the Malkia may make such decisions.

Inheritance - Anapita
Once it becomes clear that the leadership of the Mfalme or Malkia is threatened by illness, age, or war, each Diwani handpicks one adolescent or adult male from their respective clans to recommend as a successor to the throne. From these five candidates, the current Mfalme and Malkia privately make a decision on who will inherit the throne. This male’s lifemate will inherit the throne with him. The ascension of the new Mfalme and Malkia is a very formal occasion, with the entire pride in attendance
The heir to the Diwani position is automatically the firstborn child of the current Diwani. Gender does not matter. There is no formal training involved, as the meetings of the Halmashauri are private, even to family members. If no heirs are produced, then the Mfalme and Malkia will select a new heir. This is also a formal occasion, but only the clan will attend, rather than the entire pride.

Lifemating - Daima
A lion and a lioness experience daima when they have decided to join themselves to each other forever. It is a private ritual for the couple, and as such may be as formal or casual as they choose. If daima is broken, then both parties are subjected to great shame and disapproval. The only exception to this is if one partner dies – then the remaining lion may choose another lion for daima.

Birth – Unda
When new cubs are born into the pride, the diwani of the father’s clan is usually present to bless them and welcome them as new chenji.

The Seekers – Utafunua
Adolescents of the pride become utafunua when they leave the pride to seek out their personal spirit animals, giving up their titles as chenji. Most usually return by adulthood, but some take longer. The ritual is extremely private and personal to each individual lion, and has no rules. It is usually different for each lion, and almost always completely unexpected. During the ritual, the lion slays the animal that has chosen them (the lion never picks the animal – the spirit animal chooses the lion), then skin the animal to wear the pelt as his or her own. They must eat the entirety of the animal’s remains, but may keep the bones or some organs (if properly dried) to wear as jewelry (see Beliefs section). This accomplished, they return to the pride to join their new clan, taking up a rank to serve.

New Members – Karibu
If a lion decides to join the Mnyama’nafsi, chances are, he or she has already discovered a spirit animal. If this is the case, then they must meet with the diwani of the appropriate clan and agree to joining the pride. Usually, this is a smooth and simple process, but they must still prove loyalty and a true spiritual tie to the spirit animal by making an offering of some kind to the animal and sharing meditation with the diwani.
If the lion has not yet discovered a spirit animal, then they must agree to become utafunua and seek one. However, they must be accompanied by a current member who has already discovered his or her own spirit animal. Upon return, they will be treated like any other utafunua who has newly discovered a spirit animal, and will choose a rank to serve.

Slavery – Tupu
Unfortunately, war happens. With war come prisoners, who will be kept as general slaves for the pride, with no direct owner, subservient to all of the other lions, made to do whatever needs to be done. Once the war is over, the remaining prisoners are given the opportunity to find their own spirit animals and join the pride – if not, then they will remain prisoners. Like any new member, they must be accompanied by a lion of the pride who has already discovered a spirit animal, both to ensure honesty and to prevent escape.
Tupu might also be those lions who have committed such heinous crimes that they have been stripped of their pelts, forced into slavery, and denied their spirituality. This is the ultimate punishment, and irreversible. Crimes include murder (especially within the pride), heresy (against their own spirit animal), and betrayal of the mfalme or malkia (or the pride in general, especially at war). This is a public humiliation, where everyone in the pride may partake in the stripping and destruction of the lion’s pelt, violently or otherwise. It is extremely rare, but not unheard of, for the lion to die in this process. Usually death is avoided to guarantee the “lifeless” state that the tupu will experience without a spirit.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm

.Clans & Hierarchy.

Clans

Felines – Paka
- Their spirit animal is a feline, such as a cheetah, leopard, or other big cat.
- Lions are not an option.
- They are typically very smart, and good hunters or nannies.
Canines – Mbwa
- Their spirit animal is a canine, such as a wild dog, fox or hyena.
- They are usually very strong, and excellent guards.
Reptiles – Mjusi
- Their spirit animal is a reptile, such as a crocodile or snake.
- They are sometimes quite unpredictable, but still very stealthy hunters or strong guards.
Prey Animals – Windo
- Their spirit animal is a prey animal, such as an antelope or wild boar.
- Rabbits, mice, or other very small prey animals are not an option.
- They are typically rather gentle, and are excellent healers.
Birds – Ndege
- Their spirit animal is a bird, such as a hawk or vulture.
- Songbirds are not an option.
- They are usually on the smaller side, but make excellent scouts and storytellers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hierarchy

King – Mfalme
The supreme leader of the pride. His word is final on all major decisions. He is chosen as an heir by the previous Mfalme and Malkia from a pool of candidates suggested by the Halmashauri. He and his Malkia are separate, and are not part of any of the clans. Instead, they represent the entire realm of the animal kingdom, although they still have their own individual spirit animals.

Queen – Malkia
The mate of the Mfalme. She has almost equal power to the Mfalme. She is neither nominated by the Halmashauri nor chosen by the previous Mfalme and Malkia because she gains her rank through lifemate status.

The Council – Halmashauri
Made up of the leaders from each Clan, they discuss pridal issues together with the Mfalme and Malkia.

Council member – Diwani
There is one Diwani for each of the five Clans. One of the most important roles, they act as rulers for their respective Clan. The role is inherited to the first-born child.

Ambassador – Balozi
Handpicked by the Mfalme and Malkia from any Clan, these are rare and honored titles. They act as ambassadors to other prides and scouts for new members, spreading the Skinwalker ideology.

Royalty – Mkuu
These are the offspring of the Mfalme and Malkia. They are not guaranteed to be the next Mfalme or Malkia. This is an honorary title that dictates a special respect from the rest of the pride, but like all other pridemembers, they must seek out their own spirit animal and join one of the five Clans.

Youth – Chenji
All cubs and juveniles. They are considered to be constantly changing, and therefore unable to have one particular spirit animal.

Utafunua
Adolescents and adults seeking their spirit animal.

Hunter – Msaka
They hunt food for the pride. They are usually Paka, Mbwa, or Mjusi.

Guard – Mchunga
They guard the entirety of the pride, not just their respective Clans. They are usually Paka, Mbwa, or Mjusi.

Storyteller – Kisasema
They pass on the history and spirituality of the pride and its Clans. They are usually Ndege.

Nanny – Ambangalia
Caretakers of the Chenji of the pride. They are often Paka or Windo.

Healer – Tabibu
They have a full knowledge of herb lore and healing. They are often Windo.

Slaves – Tupu
Prisoners of war (who may eventually earn their own spirit animal) and lions that have been stripped of their animal skins as the ultimate punishment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

.Pride Members.

Note: The Queen and the Diwani for the Mbwa are being quested for <3.

I'VE FOUND MY SPIRIT ANIMAL!
Uncert
Name: Tropiki'baa
Spirit Name: To'ir
Clan: Paka
Spirit Animal: Panther
Personality: Will Input Soon.

Uncert
Name: Tahiri
Spirit Name: Lae'ula
Spirit Animal: Leopard
Desired Rank: Diwani
Personality: She has a difficult time trusting, on occasion, as she's been hurt deeply in the past, but she is wise and caring. There are very few things that get her angry, but if there is a treasonous lion within the pride she will stop at nothing to see him or her driven away (This is because of her past, long story) to protect those she cares about. She also has a soft spot for children and will do anything she can to make sure they are safe and happy.

Uncert
Name: Pole'jitu
Spirit Name: Nipata Rata
Clan: Windo
Spirit Animal: Ibex
Personality: -

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL AWAITS!
Name: Mtu'ambaye Anatafuta (One who seeks)
Spirit Name: Mwitu Tai'mbizi (Wild eagle diving - swahili)
Clan: Ndege
Spirit Animal: Eagle
Personality: To come
Appearance: (New alt rogue lines)

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL AWAITS!
Name: Khalfani
Spirit Name: Takatifu
Clan: Mbwa
Spirit Animal: Hyena
Desired Rank: Mchunga
Personality: A lion of few words that takes his job a little too seriously. His only goal in life is to keep the pridelands safe, and cares little for anything else. He doesn't know how to socialize, so he prefers to keep to himself. If approached, he usually comes off as gruff and rather rude, but doesn't intend to have that image. He's a nice guy...somewhere in there.
Appearance: *will add image in later*

Uncert
Name: Uxe
Spirit Name: Jereth
Clan: Mjusi
Spirit Animal: Black mamba
Personality: Uxe is cold and calculating. He can be very quiet and unconcerned with how things are, but in reality inside he is planning against anyone and anything if need be. He is very smart, both with his words and his actions. He isn't a cruel creature unless you deemed yourself worthy; otherwise he treats you with the respect you deserve.

Uncert
Name: Quenivere
Spirit Name: Burchell (sub species of zebra)
Clan: Windo
Spirit Animal: Zebra
Desired Rank: Tabibu
Personality: A very calm female who has moments of very high spirits. She can become very angry if anyone messes with those whom she is healing, she considers those in her care as her children and will provide a very swift head butt or kick to any who get in her way or try to undo what she has done. First and foremost, above anything else she is a healer, because of this she has an extensive knowledge of herbs and healing. She will always sort an injury before she considers why the creature is injured. She is loyal to her pride. Her spirit animal the Zebra suits her well and she wears her pelt very proudly along with a pouch around her throat always stuffed with herbs to do with her craft.

Uncert
Name: Eidel
Spirit Name: Taipa (meaning 'Spread Wings')
Spirit Animal: Peafowl (Congo Peacock)
Desired Rank: Kisasema
Personality: A generally pleasant girl, Eidel is someone who lives to please. Any order given is obeyed almost without question, because she very much wants to be liked, and has a rather low self esteem. This also makes her easy to manipulate though. She isn't a very strong individual in many ways other than physical strength - mentally she is simple-minded, naive, and has constant self doubt. She worries a lot, especially when completing a task for someone. She lives for praise, something that brings a light to her face.
As a storyteller, she prefers to recite to the younger children who are less likely to make fun of her occasional stutter or flub-up.

Uncert
Name: Tahalili
Spirit Name: Rhach'aerlinn
Spirit Animal: Black Leopard
Desired Rank: Ambangalia
Personality: She's crazy.. that's basically it. Usually in an amusing way, but sometimes not. Her visions make her that way, though since going on her own she's tried to become more 'normal', so she avoids blood as often as she can since it's usually the trigger for her visions. She likes the sight and smell of blood, so avoiding it is that much harder for her. Hunting is troublesome so she's learned to live with small kills a few times a day to avoid triggering another vision, but even then she still has them every now and again. When it comes to being around others, she much prefers cubs and juveniles over the older crowd. She finds their eyes less judgemental, so it's easier on her.

Cert
Name: Tycho
Spirit Name: Vuk wolf
Clan: Mbwa
Spirit Animal: African Wild Dog
Desired Rank: Mchunga or Diwani
Personality: Tycho is a blank slate at the moment. I see him being quite a bulky kind of guy. Possibly a little cocky at time to time for fun but generally a good guy - very much a set in his ways kind of guy as well.

Uncert
Name: Anahofia "wary"
Spirit Name: Usiko "night"
Spirit Animal: Verreaux's Eagle Owl
Desired Rank: Balozi
Personality: Anahofia is a sharp and keen-witted lioness. Her eyes miss nothing, her ears are always moving, and she will protect those in her Clan with her life.

Anahofia is a child of the night. During the day she is rather sleepy and doesn't want to do much at all, but oh, when the night falls she turns into a flurry of action. Hunting, scouting, guarding -- always watchful, always wary of those she doesn't know. She thrives during the midnight hours but when morning falls she turns to her bed so that she can sleep until twilight.

Uncert
Name: Dadisi
Spirit Name: Kozak
Spirit Animal: Rhombic Night Adder
Desired Rank: Mchunga
Personality: Calm and quiet, and fairly cold to most. She seems calculating, and holds an air of either stoic superiority or fathomless calm.

Uncert
Name: Dara'Moshra
Spirit Name: Thuraske
Spirit Animal: Dwarf Crocodile
Desired Rank: Msaka
Personality: [Working on it]

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:19 pm

.Joining Applications & Questing Applications.

If you're interested in joining the pride, please use this form!
Remember, there will be an event or two later for more members.
Also, please only apply for high-ranking roles if you're up for the leadership.

If you already have a lion to join:

[color=red][size=18][b]I'VE FOUND MY SPIRIT ANIMAL![/b][/size][/color]
[img]image url here[/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Spirit Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Spirit Animal:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

If you are questing for a lion to join:
[color=blue][b]MY SPIRIT ANIMAL AWAITS![/b][/color]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Spirit Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Spirit Animal:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (you may either describe or add a reference image here)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:56 pm
Still a work in progress, but you're free to post~  

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm
I ttly need to figure out who is going in here. :I  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 pm
Also, I love that you added reptiles. :3  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm
The queen is a crocodile, so we thought it necessary |D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm
I must find someone for this. D:  

Dulcea

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm
EEEEEEEEEEEE mememeeeee.. eventually. XD -has no free soa-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm
|D <3  

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm
I..absolutely adore this. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:20 pm
|D It was bound to happen <3.  

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:24 pm
This pride looks like fun! Someday I'll get a lion to put in here.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff