Submit

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm
For a long time iv been working with the idea of running and operating a small arms manufacturer here in Canada. Now I know what your thinking but hear me out. Up north here we dont have a large MIC so a buyout is unlikely it also gives us alot of breathing room. We could also outsource some of the work to Asia for manufacture of certain parts.

But Im going to get to the point. What do I see when i look at the guild? I see potential Investors. Now I assume most of you know how investing and shares work. But as investors and assuming we get this off the ground I would like your input as well as product testing. *wink wink*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm
Would you give me a place to live until I'm able to find my own?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 pm
Lt Buckner
Would you give me a place to live until I'm able to find my own?
Arms manufacturer. Not homeless shelter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:38 pm
now what kind of arms are you wanting to build?  

IDK WTF Im Doing

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
now what kind of arms are you wanting to build?
Well I think diversification would be best, cover anything that will chamber around from civilian to military. So you ever wanted a quad-blared shot gun? BAM A fancy new Combat rifles in 7.62 but not as clunky as an ak? BAM Want to invent a new cartridge type BAM  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:15 pm
If you're really serious about this, I've got a great idea for a combat shotgun, but I've got no idea how it would actually FUNCTION, just what it should do and how it should be laid out.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am
Orkronos
For a long time iv been working with the idea of running and operating a small arms manufacturer here in Canada. Now I know what your thinking but hear me out. Up north here we dont have a large MIC so a buyout is unlikely it also gives us alot of breathing room. We could also outsource some of the work to Asia for manufacture of certain parts.

But Im going to get to the point. What do I see when i look at the guild? I see potential Investors. Now I assume most of you know how investing and shares work. But as investors and assuming we get this off the ground I would like your input as well as product testing. *wink wink*
outsource to the united states or a domestic machining company in canada for parts you cant produce on your own, which will save on shipping and provide more jobs on this continent. labor may cost more but the quality is usually better and more trustworthy which people would respect more than something crudely made overseas.

if our input on product testing was needed it would probably involve one of us taking a trip to canada unless the product isn't a complete firearm.

for complete firearms try to find a former military member or even a former united states resident in canada who owned guns to test them.
or anyone in general who both knows a lot about guns and has fired many different types in their experience

unless you are allowed to bring them across the border that is.

what kind of small arms were you planning on producing?

there are courses in some colleges that specialize in this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 am
Fresnel
If you're really serious about this, I've got a great idea for a combat shotgun, but I've got no idea how it would actually FUNCTION, just what it should do and how it should be laid out.
I am quite. I have an idea for a combat rifle that has really two configurations.

As Im sure we all know that out of the two.

The M16 (and its respective family) is closer to a rifle then a machine gun.
While the AK (and its respective family) Is Closer to a Machine gun then a Rifle.

Now what if we had two weapons that are athletically identical but fill both the same function as the Ak and M16 respectively.

We could now corner the market. Since most infantry forces have doctrines based around the standard infantry rifle. The AK or M16.

Now we can say. "We have weapon system that fits your training style with the ak/m16 but with all these pluses." Who, for the right price, would turn that offer down? Since the trick is to know your customer and work to there needs.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 am
User Image

User Image

we need the morita infantry rifle and it's carbine version.

except utilizing AR mags.

I can dream....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 am
Orkronos
Fresnel
I am quite. I have an idea for a combat rifle that has really two configurations.

As Im sure we all know that out of the two.

The M16 (and its respective family) is closer to a rifle then a machine gun.
While the AK (and its respective family) Is Closer to a Machine gun then a Rifle.

Now what if we had two weapons that are athletically identical but fill both the same function as the Ak and M16 respectively.

We could now corner the market. Since most infantry forces have doctrines based around the standard infantry rifle. The AK or M16.

Now we can say. "We have weapon system that fits your training style with the ak/m16 but with all these pluses." Who, for the right price, would turn that offer down? Since the trick is to know your customer and work to there needs.
but they're not purpose built machineguns. rather select fire rifles.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:39 am
Recon_Ninja_985
User Image

User Image

we need the morita infantry rifle and it's carbine version.

except utilizing AR mags.

I can dream....
I've been saying this for MONTHS. Although we really need to re-work the action to make it not ricochet off itself for proper ejection. Maybe use the action of the Para Tactical Target Rifle?

Also, the whole AR/AK thing was done years ago. It was the AR-18, and it was a commercial failure. Its big brother, the .308 AR-16, was Stoner's attempt at making an AR easier to manufacture in simple machine shops. In fact, most of the small parts were generic, and could be replaced with screws, bolts, washers, pins, etc. from any small hardware store. The AR-18 was the -16 downsized to 5.56 by another engineer at Armalite after Stoner's "******** you guys I'm out" routine. It was a great idea, and one I still like to this day, but nobody bought them. Armalite just stopped selling the AR-180B in this past decade.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos

outsource to the united states or a domestic machining company in canada for parts you cant produce on your own, which will save on shipping and provide more jobs on this continent. labor may cost more but the quality is usually better and more trustworthy which people would respect more than something crudely made overseas.

if our input on product testing was needed it would probably involve one of us taking a trip to canada unless the product isn't a complete firearm.

for complete firearms try to find a former military member or even a former united states resident in canada who owned guns to test them.
or anyone in general who both knows a lot about guns and has fired many different types in their experience

Lets call them "Focus groups" any testing would need to be don in the nation of assembly. Hence Canada but Im sure most of you wouldn't mind a field trip.

As for the types. Its best to spread out cover all your bases.

Now I should clarify by what I meant by out sourcing. Say theres a client that wants oh.. 1000 of a rifle. But were short on one type spring. So we could bulk order them out of a number of places, Canada and the US yes but if we call up a spring manufacturer in oh say... Thailand. We call them up and say we need springs made out of x quality spring steel. And then order them to ease the already stressful ordeal large orders.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 am
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos

Lets call them "Focus groups" any testing would need to be don in the nation of assembly. Hence Canada but Im sure most of you wouldn't mind a field trip.

Now I should clarify by what I meant by out sourcing. Say theres a client that wants oh.. 1000 of a rifle. But were short on one type spring. So we could bulk order them out of a number of places, Canada and the US yes but if we call up a spring manufacturer in oh say... Thailand. We call them up and say we need springs made out of x quality spring steel. And then order them to ease the already stressful ordeal large orders.
Just as a note, that can occasionally bite you in the a**. Australian International Arms did something much like that, ordering small parts from Vietnam. Well, as the US has a trade embargo on 'Nam, now AIA can't import these beauties into the US:

User Image

...or at least that's the story I've heard. You lucky ******** Canucks can get them still, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am
Fresnel
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos

Just as a note, that can occasionally bite you in the a**. Australian International Arms did something much like that, ordering small parts from Vietnam. Well, as the US has a trade embargo on 'Nam, now AIA can't import these beauties into the US:

User Image

...or at least that's the story I've heard. You lucky ******** Canucks can get them still, though.
Yah, we kinda stopped fighting the cold war when it was over.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 am
also we could do this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff