Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Check this out... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No Laughing, Joking, Or Hanging Out With Non-Mahrams

Some sisters assume that since they are properly covered, its okay for them to sit around and talk, laugh, joke, etc. with the men, but that’s not right, even if he is ‘the Shaikh’. Allaah says:

". . . then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner." [al-Ahzaab:32]

So talk to them when there is a specific need, and in a manner that is not necessarily rude, yet it is polite but firm.

Staring at the brothers or ‘checking them out’ is NOT Hijaab

Allaah orders us to “lower your gaze” in the above verse. Why? Because a single ‘look’ can say more than a thousand words. So, even if you are properly covered, keep those eyes down, conduct yourself with ‘Hayaa’, and avoid ‘fitnah’

‘Chatting’ on the internet/phone is not part of Hijaab, either

There is no such thing as “we’re just friends”. Talking to non-Mahrams is wrong even if it is through the internet or telephone. There are too many stories of illegal relationships, fornications, broken homes, extra-marital affairs and runaway brides to even mention. That is why in Islam anything that leads to haraam is also haraam. Allaah says:

“Do not (even) come close to fornication, for it is an indecency, and its way is evil.” (Surah Israa:32)

INCLUDING MY FRIENDS IN GAIA??? ALL OF MY UKHS IN GAIA????? Noooooooo! crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:24 am
...*stares at it for a long, long minute in incomprehending wonder*...

*covers mouth, face turns red, shakes, cracks up* *breathes* Aaah, for a minute there I was swinging between cracking up and indignation.

"No such thing as just friends?" Really? Assuming people don't make conscious choices when they decide to go on the internet or the phone and other relationship choices are involved, aren't we, article?

This is an article, right? Or what is this thing that you asked us to check out? A blog entry? Who wrote this thing, man? Once you get passed the "Huuuuh?" part of it it's actually pretty funny.  

Silver Nephil

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 am
Silver Nephil
...*stares at it for a long, long minute in incomprehending wonder*...

*covers mouth, face turns red, shakes, cracks up* *breathes* Aaah, for a minute there I was swinging between cracking up and indignation.

"No such thing as just friends?" Really? Assuming people don't make conscious choices when they decide to go on the internet or the phone and other relationship choices are involved, aren't we, article?

This is an article, right? Or what is this thing that you asked us to check out? A blog entry? Who wrote this thing, man? Once you get passed the "Huuuuh?" part of it it's actually pretty funny.

Nah! Sorry, I forgot to say that someone posted that on facebook... I was kinda "WHHHHHAAAAT????? That's too much! Even in virtual world? it's not allowed???"

I just want to ask other members of this guild about what they think about that particular post... hmmm... how bout you? What do you think? Is that unjust?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 am
Salam,

Firslty I'd like to say, we should not jump to conclusion from a single photo, it is more than possible that these three in the photo are siblings, or are related to each other in any manner. The photo appears to be taken in Egypt which is a popular tourist location, the person to blame is the ONE who took this photo, he was the one who was checking them out to be precise.

Secondly, read this Hadith,
The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Make things easy! And do not make them complicated! Be cheerful! And do not be repulsive.” [Sahih Bukhari]

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Teach and give good tidings! Make things easy, and do not make them hard!” [Ahmad ibn Hanbal]
--

What you are doing is burdening yourself by thinking that every single thing is haram.
In this society I personally believe its impossible to not talk to nom-mahrams, one way or the other you end up talking to them, WHY you ask? Because they're in your class rooms as your colleagues, they're at your workplace in your team, they're everywhere you go! xD

What you can do is cut down the unnecessary chit chat, inappropriate "checking out", specially no flirting ( yes no flirting, get over it xP ).

In the end, your actions are judged by intentions. Keep your intention clean, and if you can't keep it clean then better go as far away from it as you can.  

Lavianos

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm
Screamin Liono
Salam,

Firslty I'd like to say, we should not jump to conclusion from a single photo, it is more than possible that these three in the photo are siblings, or are related to each other in any manner. The photo appears to be taken in Egypt which is a popular tourist location, the person to blame is the ONE who took this photo, he was the one who was checking them out to be precise.

Secondly, read this Hadith,
The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Make things easy! And do not make them complicated! Be cheerful! And do not be repulsive.” [Sahih Bukhari]

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Teach and give good tidings! Make things easy, and do not make them hard!” [Ahmad ibn Hanbal]
--

What you are doing is burdening yourself by thinking that every single thing is haram.
In this society I personally believe its impossible to not talk to nom-mahrams, one way or the other you end up talking to them, WHY you ask? Because they're in your class rooms as your colleagues, they're at your workplace in your team, they're everywhere you go! xD

What you can do is cut down the unnecessary chit chat, inappropriate "checking out", specially no flirting ( yes no flirting, get over it xP ).

In the end, your actions are judged by intentions. Keep your intention clean, and if you can't keep it clean then better go as far away from it as you can.

HEAR HERE!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm
could not agree more to Liono's statement 3nodding
as long as the discussion & the meeting is beneficial to both parties, i don't think it's harem..  

neko86

Aged Cat

Silver Nephil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm
Does non-Mahrams mean non-Muslims?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:26 pm
Silver Nephil

no... just like for women, their non-Mahrams are their uncle, cousins, male friends, boyfriend etc...

father, brother and husband are their Mahrams...  

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Silver Nephil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 pm
Maximum Lantis
Silver Nephil

no... just like for women, their non-Mahrams are their uncle, cousins, male friends, boyfriend etc...

Oooh. Okay. So Mahrams are immediate family and non-Mahrams're non-immediate family/non-relations.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 pm
Silver Nephil
Maximum Lantis
Silver Nephil

Oooh. Okay. So Mahrams are immediate family and non-Mahrams're non-immediate family/non-relations.

Ye got it right...  

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:23 pm
I agree with Liono too, but i'd like to add...When I talk to Muslimahs who are around male friends, I always remind them they are never alone. Shaytaan is always the third party!

I dont know..it's a sticky situation. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 am
Call Me Apple
I agree with Liono too, but i'd like to add...When I talk to Muslimahs who are around male friends, I always remind them they are never alone. Shaytaan is always the third party!

I dont know..it's a sticky situation. sweatdrop

When a Man and a woman makes a couple, shaytan makes the third...  

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 pm
Personally I just don't chat with non-mahrems. If I talk to them there it's due to business such as asking a question or giving salams or something like that. Our intentions will be judged, yes. Someone quoted some ahadith that spoke about Islam being easy. Well, if you really want to obey Allah, then He will make it easy for you. It doesn't mean to abandon what we've been taught..we shouldn't be super strict if it means people will be pushed away, but we shouldn't turn away from the teachings of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam). & Allahu Alim~  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm
so which one is it? okay or not okay? D:  

ll Shaffy ll

Bloozo
Vice Captain

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:04 pm
I think its Ok.
as long as you dont Touch/flirt/hug or anything like that.But if it is some cousin or relative/familiar its OK.
Still Do be careful. We never know what happends next. Allah the merciful Knows.
And in The internet... Theres 2 angels ,One side writes the Good deeds and the other side writes the Bad deeds. The angel that writes the Bad deeds do know what you do daily. It writes every second what Wrong things you do, If good then Its Great.
If you do something Different a example : As in adding a boy or girl from Facebook and you guys Talk. If you talk as in a Flirty way Its bad, and in a Good respectful way is A good deed i think. But i heard "Coming to near" Is not Good as long as its the same ´gender´ people can talk Openly.
And just telling, A male and a female should´nt talk "Soo much" in the Net if they never met or something similar to it. It leads to stuff that brings one to Problems and Stuff which i dunno. Lol =P  
Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff