Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Community Events (Special Events Coordinated by the Guild)
The Housing Relocation Movement - Planning Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm
This is where we shall plan things for the housing movement.
It all has to be planned out before the invitations in February.
This is for Square Enix Cosplayers only.
Also a very important note....OC names are the last to be excepted in this event. Dedicated character and profiles are a plus when it comes to picking people to move their gaia homes.
We need to gather all the 13-17 volunteers needed to help people move into the right places. The volunteers "do not" have to be cosplayers.

Everyone volunteering must understand what they have to do. (will be explained)
So far the volunteers are:

Raijin

Ok....a couple of people did say they would help....

If the gathering looks to be a failure....I have no choice but to cancel it and I don't know of any other cosplay gatherings or events for the year...sadly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm
Currently....for January. I need a catchy way to invite people to March gathering.

Not only are people from the guild going to attend but there will be also be new people that need to understand whats going on.

Any ideas? feel free to post!  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Princess Augustine

Beloved Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 pm
What I do...I shall do...

I could volunteer to herd people for the Housing Movement.

Also, we could come up with a fictional ceremony of sorts. Like a vernal equinox festival that occurs in the Final Fantasy universe. We could build a story around it, since I've noticed that a lot of our members pull double-duty as roleplayiers as well as cosplayers. But that's just me. xD

..With no regrets!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 pm
Leading Ladies

I could volunteer to herd people for the Housing Movement.

Also, we could come up with a fictional ceremony of sorts. Like a vernal equinox festival that occurs in the Final Fantasy universe. We could build a story around it, since I've noticed that a lot of our members pull double-duty as roleplayiers as well as cosplayers. But that's just me. xD

..With no regrets!

It would be nice to have your help. It will take many helpers simply so everything can work out.

We could do a fictional story thing for day 2 of the gathering or...to kill time so everyone can get there.

Also. I just thought of one other thing.... I think the people that are helping everyone move should get to know the group "before" the gathering so it will be easier on everyone else. It would also save time too.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Princess Augustine

Beloved Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

I'll bet. Moving around 100 or so people on opposite ends of the world will be no small feat.

That sounds like a good idea. Build a story around the enviornment the gathering's taking place in. But iunno, it'll depend on who actually shows up.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking that the huge turnout for last July's gathering might have been partially due to the amount of time between announcement and the event itself.
Also, we could have forum event type things leading up to the gathering, like what you did for the Winter gathering (the writing contests, etc.). Imitate Square Enix and hype the Hell out of it because it's going to be awesome.

I like that idea. Like a meet and greet kind of thing?

..With no regrets!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 pm
Leading Ladies

Yeah your right!

I was thinking about the story idea.
Perhaps it can be based off alternative roles, but the person has to stick to that role...
For instance...roles like a "time traveler", a reporter, a lost kid and etc.
People could be directed to a thread to see what role they wanted to be.
That's ofcourse if the idea is stuck to...it may be too hard to pull off.
We could also have an all green day, since it will be close to saint patricks day, ya know?

Indeed. That is why I'm starting really early on the preparations for the March Gathering. A month's notice ought to be plenty of notice for the march gathering.
Hmmm...I could try to do writing contests and etc. but that will take time away from me recruiting/inviting....especially if I will be the only one doing it... sweatdrop

There should definitely be a nice little post with pictures and etc. for the March Gathering and something that catches the eyes like the way people post roleplay pictures in their roleplay post.
I think I may have a long png format image on both sides of the gathering post containing non-linked information. Also...only 2 because I don't want the 1st page to lag a bunch because of image overloading....  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Teratophilia

Ruthless Fashionista

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 pm
Ohhhh~ O:

Makes me wish I dedicated myself to one character but I could just never manage that. (I like all the different items I tend to use for them)

I'm thinking you'll get your 13-17 dedicated cosplayers, but if you don't I wouldn't mind filling in one of those housing spots. I've been looking for a reason to do something with my house for years now. D;

It's been barren and empty since the first day I signed up. ;u;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 pm
OneTooManyHearts
Ohhhh~ O:

Makes me wish I dedicated myself to one character but I could just never manage that. (I like all the different items I tend to use for them)

I'm thinking you'll get your 13-17 dedicated cosplayers, but if you don't I wouldn't mind filling in one of those housing spots. I've been looking for a reason to do something with my house for years now. D;

It's been barren and empty since the first day I signed up. ;u;

The 13-17 people do not have to be cosplayers....those are the people that will be helping the cosplayers get their houses settled in the moving area.

Well...I just say that you should either have a permanent cosplay name or a cosplay house that looks like a place from a square enix game.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Sorceress Lulu
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I shall help with what I can.

First let us see if we can really move our houses to a specific spot that we want.
Last time I checked in my other account I cannot move my own house to the specific spot that I want.
The vacant signs aren't showing up.

Second, if we indeed could relocate our houses to a place for us cosplayers only, we need different kinds of houses to be included and the owners must be dedicated to it and have enough funds to design their houses. we can have cafeteria, bedrooms, gardens or anything we can come up with.

Also when moving we should choose a non conspicuous address at first so that OC or OG(out of guild) people will not get ahead and claim the houses of that address.

Of course we can't do this if we cannot move our houses at all like what I have said. Let's just confirm this first.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm
You know I'm up to volunteer. My house is pretty much already set up as one of Alexandria's room (Final Fantasy IX)... and I'm always willing to cosplay as beatrix.

RP-style, huh? I could go for that as long as I don't feel like I'm typing up an essay... sweatdrop  

nya_Neko-chii
Vice Captain

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Sky of the Night Light

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 pm
"Are sins...ever forgiven?"

V I N C E N T V A L E N T I N E

I am available if needed be.

As far as houses, I'm going to need a bit directing seeing as I've never used a house for the 3 years I've been on.

User Image
"...I've never tried"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 am
I like to help I'm still not sure what your doing though some thing about moving houses? sweatdrop i help in any way i can ~  

WhiteMageTifa

Fluffy Vampire

Official Genesis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 am
WhiteMageTifa
I like to help I'm still not sure what your doing though some thing about moving houses? sweatdrop i help in any way i can ~

Yiff <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 pm
Sorceress Lulu

I shall help with what I can.

First let us see if we can really move our houses to a specific spot that we want.
Last time I checked in my other account I cannot move my own house to the specific spot that I want.
The vacant signs aren't showing up.

Second, if we indeed could relocate our houses to a place for us cosplayers only, we need different kinds of houses to be included and the owners must be dedicated to it and have enough funds to design their houses. we can have cafeteria, bedrooms, gardens or anything we can come up with.

Also when moving we should choose a non conspicuous address at first so that OC or OG(out of guild) people will not get ahead and claim the houses of that address.

Of course we can't do this if we cannot move our houses at all like what I have said. Let's just confirm this first.

I tried the relocation thing tonight and it still works. You have to go to gaia shops store "the faktori" and I place it and everything was cool.
This was done from a 2008 profile for the record.

The cafeteria idea is something that has not been thought of yet.
Way to go and high five Lulu!

For all the Volunteers you job will be to ask people "who do move their homes" into our spots...to move. However, you may have to be given funds in order to keep it moving. It cost 1,000 gold to move your gaia home.
So Volunteers will basically be sending people comments and pm's letting them know that we need those free spots if the spots are "auto-chosen".
It happens

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Ludwigs Repose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:02 pm
Oh, I think I can volunteer. I can go as Axel, or Kuja if Axel is taken. But if it's okay....

Can I be Ashaedia? Just to make some things clear:

Ashaedia is a character I'm trying to create for Square Enix. So far, she looks like my avatar: Long Silver hair, a dark blue coat like the Carol of Ebenezer coat, black pants, a Shinra belt, long blue torn sleeves, and cross belts and shoulder armor like Sephiroth's. But the difference between my avatar and Ashaedia is the hair. As seen on my signature, Ashaedia has a spiky head like Zack Fair, yet long hair cascades down from the back of her spiky crown. Her eyes are cat-like and the same color as Sephiroth's. But in my signature, Ashaedia wears a blue robe. That was her old character design (Done on the iPad), but her character design had changed. Thanks to some help from my cousin's friend who makes video games, Ashaedia might make it into Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Community Events (Special Events Coordinated by the Guild)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games