Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New Zodiac? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 am
Hi all.

I don't know if you all have heard about this or not, but apparently the zodiac has changed somewhat. I have a link here: http://www.kpsplocal2.com/Content/Headlines/story/New-Zodiac-Sign-Dates/Ho_exUwuYkix2_vrTW0a1g.cspx

So what does this mean for those who read their zodiac? Will this change things?

Inquiring minds want to know.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 am
But I liked being a Sagittarius. Scorpion is so not me.  

pompoennetje

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am
I don't know why this is suddenly news. It's sidereal astrology, rather than tropical astrology. Hindu astrologers have used sidereal astrology for a long time.

I'm not rushing to switch. Sometimes astrology is interesting, but it's not so integral to my life or my practices that I have a desire to suddenly change.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am
talk2hand no thanks i'll stick with the old one.  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 pm
Morgandria
I don't know why this is suddenly news. It's sidereal astrology, rather than tropical astrology. Hindu astrologers have used sidereal astrology for a long time.

I'm not rushing to switch. Sometimes astrology is interesting, but it's not so integral to my life or my practices that I have a desire to suddenly change.
That was what I thought too. It's not news- I mean, the sign is like 1800 years old already.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 pm
A lot of things I read say the new zodiac only applies those born after Nov. 2009. But wouldn't that mess up everyone else's horoscope. I look at my horoscope for a bunch of things. I mean, maybe it is a load of horseshit, like my dad says. But I still like reading it everyday. Is it gonna be screwed up now? I mean, I've gone by Virgo my whole life, am I supposed to just say I'm a Leo and go on with my life? Uhmmm. I think not. It's just crazy, I think. Why would they now decide the new zodiac should come into play now? That's what I think is a load of horseshit.  

IileyahWithTheStars

XxCrack_OrangexX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 pm
I guess I'm a Cancer instead of a Leo now. Which in my case is good because my personality never quite matched the Leo zodiac. But now I'll drink out of my Leo coffee mug and know that I'm not Leo D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm
I read in a book on spells that the Zodiac signs tie in with what types of spells you do in each month of the year.

Will this change our spellcasting ways?  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
I read in a book on spells that the Zodiac signs tie in with what types of spells you do in each month of the year.

Only if you use that particular book. wink

I'll sometimes cast in particular planetary hours, or use correspondences for various planets depending on the work involved. But otherwise I'm sort of indifferent to astrology in spellcasting. Western ceremonial magic paths tend to be very aware of the state of the heavens and whatnot, but I don't practice that sort of magic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 pm
Morgandria

I'll sometimes cast in particular planetary hours, or use correspondences for various planets depending on the work involved. But otherwise I'm sort of indifferent to astrology in spellcasting. Western ceremonial magic paths tend to be very aware of the state of the heavens and whatnot, but I don't practice that sort of magic.

Do they base it more on astronomy then just classic astrology?

IileyahWithTheStars
A lot of things I read say the new zodiac only applies those born after Nov. 2009. But wouldn't that mess up everyone else's horoscope. I look at my horoscope for a bunch of things. I mean, maybe it is a load of horseshit, like my dad says. But I still like reading it everyday. Is it gonna be screwed up now? I mean, I've gone by Virgo my whole life, am I supposed to just say I'm a Leo and go on with my life? Uhmmm. I think not. It's just crazy, I think. Why would they now decide the new zodiac should come into play now? That's what I think is a load of horseshit.

I think that if you read canned cold-drawn horoscopes- there really isn't anything to get too upset about, if nothing else- it's already so generic you have something to do with those things anyway, right?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:18 pm
its not a real sign. Hindus use it but if you take it for real it messes everything else up so just ignore it  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

My friend over in Italy practises Celestial magic.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:09 am
I'm not too concerned over this new "revelation" with the zodiacs, but I will say that according to this new pattern, I'm supposed to be an Aquarius. If I didn't already match up with Pisces and Aries then I wouldn't care so much.

I've never really involved anything extraterrestrial in my spellcasting so I can't see how it would affect me in any way whatsoever. They do their thing, I do mine.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 pm
[quote="Esiris]I think that if you read canned cold-drawn horoscopes- there really isn't anything to get too upset about, if nothing else- it's already so generic you have something to do with those things anyway, right?

Yeah, I guess you right. I just like to read my horoscope and see if anything really happens according to it. It's a fun little game to play. And I don't really like the idea of that being messed up. I guess I'm just overreacting.  

IileyahWithTheStars

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
its not a real sign. Hindus use it but if you take it for real it messes everything else up so just ignore it

It is a real sign. But was discarded in the tropical astrology to keep a balance within the 12 traditional signs. It's legit, a true constellation. But yes, if you want to ignore the sidereal, then keep to what you know.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games