Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
Group Art Critique! Crushing Egos since... Today D: Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WasabiFennec

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:44 pm
Okay, so I figure, this forum needs a place where artists can get CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from their peers, so here we are!
Your piece will be critiqued by anybody who wants to. :3

Note- If you can't take structured criticism, DO NOT POST YOUR ART HERE. We won't be mean on purpose, but sometimes the truth hurts. D:

Posting Criterea:
Please post your image as a link, and make sure that it isn't to big in file size or in image size.

Critiquing criterea:
Do not insult the art posted here, the goal is to HELP not to get someone upset!
Tell them what is wrong, then tell them how to fix it. :3
Please post at least ONE thing you like about the piece.

BEGIN  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:53 pm
Alright, I'll post one ^_^ I'm working on a picture of my EXTREMELY crazy Hatter chick, Heart Hatter (I'm trying to think of a more unique name for her, but that's it right now) and I just dont' like teh pose I have her in >.<

User Image

Anyone have any good ideas for poses that would make her look more...hmmm...diabolical, maybe?  

Shinigami Whistle

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:59 pm
First off, I wanna start out by saying that this thread is absolutely brilliant.

Now on to Kyo! She has the most adorable faced ever, and I love the hat. But her body DOES need a little work. Try posing in front of the mirror, and then sketching that pose. Or even better, if you have a digi-cam, have someone take a picture of you in that pose, or have someone else pose for you, and try drawing what you see in the photo. Boobs have more shape than just an oval placed in the center of the chest with some lines erased. Each boob has a character of it's own! (just had to say that.... twisted ) Try giving her body a more hour-glassish shape as well. And never be afraid to draw hands cause if you don't draw them, you'll never get the practice you need! (I still can't do hands well, but I TRY! *gives herself a cookie*)

After all of that, the last piece of advice I can give you is cleanliness. Clean up you drawing a little to make it look less "sketchy". It's a great start, and an adorable character!

Hope I didn't make you feel too down about it.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:01 pm
Ok need some help on this. Tell me what's wrong and how to improve.

CGed version

Original Paper Version

blackdragontaz

WasabiFennec

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:02 pm
Kyoni Malkat
Alright, I'll post one ^_^ I'm working on a picture of my EXTREMELY crazy Hatter chick, Heart Hatter (I'm trying to think of a more unique name for her, but that's it right now) and I just dont' like teh pose I have her in >.<

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/kyoneko_rose/compare/hearthatternew.jpg

Anyone have any good ideas for poses that would make her look more...hmmm...diabolical, maybe?

Seein' as you only asked for pose help, I won't attack you with a full force critique. XD
Okay, so, to make her look more evil, I would start with the face. If the eyebrows slant downward towards the nose a bit, and perhaps the eyes an eensy bit. Also, the corners of the mouth might do well to curve up a fraction of an inch, but that I'm not so sure about. Expiriment! I think she would look a might more evil then because it wouldn't just look like she was smiling.
As for pose, I would maybe look up some images of disney villans or somethin, just to get a feel for the whole genre. Remember, inspiration will help you a lot!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks Manda and Wasabi, I'll take both your advice to heart and work hard to fix her up (or if anything, redraw again and again.) Heart Hatter is an important character to me, that till this day I have yet been able to draw correctly cause my talent just doesn't seem to be high enough to draw her greatness ^_^

Anyway, please help blackdragontaz (he's my boyfriend) He's been wanting advice on his picture for a good while now, and I really am not in a good enough position to help him myself

*gives sad kitty eyes* so, pwease help him out too, huh?

Shinigami Whistle

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:04 pm
You give great advice Manda.

Kyo, she looks so prim standing there with her hands folded and everything ^.^ But I agree with Manda, try to find pictures of poses and then draw off that. That's what I do for most of my drawings, if I can't get something right, then I look up a certain pose and draw off of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:06 pm
Ooo...I need to post the sketch I'm going to use for asphyxie's painting..because i'm not so sure about it crying  

Rainey_angel81

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:07 pm
Rainey_angel81
You give great advice Manda.

Kyo, she looks so prim standing there with her hands folded and everything ^.^ But I agree with Manda, try to find pictures of poses and then draw off that. That's what I do for most of my drawings, if I can't get something right, then I look up a certain pose and draw off of it.

Yeah, I'll have to look around for a good pose ^_^ I Probably have something good in my huge resevoir of pictueres on my comp (seriously, I have gigs of anime pictures I've saved over the years O.o)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:07 pm
blackdragontaz

CGed version

Original Paper Version

Hmmm okay...It's a cute pose, but the body looks rather awkward. Her boobs are mishapened. Try and shape them a little more similar, draw circles then erase the line around it to get a more accurate shape.

Hair is very stiff. The lines around it are odd looking. Straighten out the line a bit.

For the body and face I would suggest looking up some anatomy books, it will help you out a bit. Buy one of those little models and practice with it.

Kyo - They pretty much said what I'm going to. But change the body language and the facial expression. Keep the grin but add more of a frown to the eyebrows. Change the position of the arms and hands.  

haythere

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 pm
blackdragontaz

CGed version

Original Paper Version

The main thing I see is her head is too flat on top, and her feet are too small. After that she needs some serious shading....

I'm lovin the pose though. And she's just cute! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanks Rinnie ^_^ I'll keept your advice in mind too!

I'ma try and find a good pose and redraw her tomorrow, if I get to it I'll be sure to show you the sketch and see what you all think ^_^

Shinigami Whistle

blackdragontaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:16 pm
Rinchans-flower
For the body and face I would suggest looking up some anatomy books, it will help you out a bit. Buy one of those little models and practice with it.

Are you talking about the little wood maniquan (sp?) things for poses? I was actually looking at prices for one on friday. That would help actually. Just got to find a way to get money to buy one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:17 pm
Okay...I'm proud as hell of this...but I keep getting the feeling that I did something wrong...and I think that problem lies in shading...opinions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/Manda_Tifa/Asphyxiationcopy.jpg  

Manda_Tifa

haythere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:19 pm
Alright! My turn!

Male Kai: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/gaiaart/genderswap.jpg
(Ref for coloring: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/gaiaart/kai.jpg)

Sirus:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/gaiaart/Sirus2.png

Look familar? I like drawing Kai as a guy. But the only problem is that Sirus looks waaaaayyyy too much like her. The coloring is diffrent, but for the most part they look a lot alike. Any suggestions for making them look diffrent?  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff