Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Goddamnit S&W... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 am
We all know about the Taurus Judge, right? Well, turns out Smith & Wesson have an answer for that.

Linkage: http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/17/smith-wesson-governor/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq9aeWaAR0Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Thoughts? If one good thing comes out of this, it's that my hopes of S&W accepting my design are now upped a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:46 pm
You know, my dad was just telling me last night that S&W got bought out by a British lawn mower company that couldn't tell you the grip from the muzzle...

It looks like an improvement on the design though, if it takes six rounds and .45ACP, but you just KNOW that's a $1200 gun. ********' Smith.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 pm
Fresnel
You know, my dad was just telling me last night that S&W got bought out by a British lawn mower company that couldn't tell you the grip from the muzzle...

It looks like an improvement on the design though, if it takes six rounds and .45ACP, but you just KNOW that's a $1200 gun. ********' Smith.
I'm impressed from the 6 round capacity but I'm not too impressed that these shotty revolvers still can't take .454 Casull.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel

I'm impressed from the 6 round capacity but I'm not too impressed that these shotty revolvers still can't take .454 Casull.
Nevermind.

Found the Taurus Raging Judge. 6 rounds, .410, .45LC and .454 Casull capability. Even comes in a light weight model.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm
so now I guess it's taurus's turn to let someone copy them for a change?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
xd I never thought of it that way.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
xd I never thought of it that way.

To paraphrase one of the comments in the posted article;
S&W is copying Taurus,
Ruger is copying Kel-Tec,
Next thing you know, Sig will be copying Hi Point xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 pm
Just what I always wanted: a huge, heavy-kicking, expensive revolver with low accuracy. I could probably conceal one of those eight-shot S&W .357s just as well. The 640PD, maybe? Was that it? I'm supposed to be the one that knows. Model 327 Night Guard! Yeah: 8 rounds of .357 Magnum with a high-visibility sight, awesome black finish, and comfy-looking grips. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd think of one as a future winter carry gun.

To be honest, I'd probably load it with .38 Special +P rather than Magnum. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quicker second shots with marginally better power.

Then again. They are extremely cool... I think I'll have to hunt down a picture to add it to the list.

Hm, it also comes in 10mm, .45 ACP, or .44 Magnum. .44 Magnum is kind of hard to find and expensive, but I could shoot .40 in a 10mm or 10mm if I ever found any. A .45 ACP revolver would be pretty neat, but when I get a .45 I want a 1911 so I guess I'll have to decide between 8-shot .357 or 6-shot 10mm/.40.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:09 pm
ArmasTermin
Just what I always wanted: a huge, heavy-kicking, expensive revolver with low accuracy. I could probably conceal one of those eight-shot S&W .357s just as well. The 640PD, maybe? Was that it? I'm supposed to be the one that knows. Model 327 Night Guard! Yeah: 8 rounds of .357 Magnum with a high-visibility sight, awesome black finish, and comfy-looking grips. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd think of one as a future winter carry gun.

To be honest, I'd probably load it with .38 Special +P rather than Magnum. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quicker second shots with marginally better power.

Then again. They are extremely cool... I think I'll have to hunt down a picture to add it to the list.

Hm, it also comes in 10mm, .45 ACP, or .44 Magnum. .44 Magnum is kind of hard to find and expensive, but I could shoot .40 in a 10mm or 10mm if I ever found any. A .45 ACP revolver would be pretty neat, but when I get a .45 I want a 1911 so I guess I'll have to decide between 8-shot .357 or 6-shot 10mm/.40.
You know, I really do want a 10/40 revolver, but ******** Smith. They have no goddamn idea what a firearm should cost any more. $1185 for the 10mm Night Guard? A GP100 in .357 goes as low as $630 MSRP, and that's what I'd pay for a revolver. $1200? I'm buying a Grand Raptor, ******** you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

You know, I really do want a 10/40 revolver, but ******** Smith. They have no goddamn idea what a firearm should cost any more. $1185 for the 10mm Night Guard? A GP100 in .357 goes as low as $630 MSRP, and that's what I'd pay for a revolver. $1200? I'm buying a Grand Raptor, ******** you.
yeah, I might spend1k for an auto....but something as simple and supposed to cost less like a revolver should....hell no  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Well MSRP is a little higher than anyone pays, and those models are their higher-end pieces. The Night Guards come with tritium front sights factory-installed, and are pre-drilled for moon clips. But I do agree, and that's why it's far down on my list. To be fair, though, who else can you buy from? Smith has an exhaustive list of high-quality models to choose from. Colt dropped out, Ruger only has a limited series of DAs, Taurus is average, and then you've got the Charter Arms, Rossi, etc. Smith kind of owns the market and there's nothing we can do. If you want a good revolver, there's plenty to choose from. But if you want several, different, interesting ones: one day you'll pretty much have to get a Smith.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:51 am
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Well MSRP is a little higher than anyone pays, and those models are their higher-end pieces. The Night Guards come with tritium front sights factory-installed, and are pre-drilled for moon clips. But I do agree, and that's why it's far down on my list. To be fair, though, who else can you buy from? Smith has an exhaustive list of high-quality models to choose from. Colt dropped out, Ruger only has a limited series of DAs, Taurus is average, and then you've got the Charter Arms, Rossi, etc. Smith kind of owns the market and there's nothing we can do. If you want a good revolver, there's plenty to choose from. But if you want several, different, interesting ones: one day you'll pretty much have to get a Smith.
Even Smith's low end is way too expensive. I have this test for everything I buy. I ask myself what I'd pay for it if I didn't know the price. If it's more expensive than that, I generally don't buy it. Smith ALWAYS fails.

We must write Taurus! Get them to make more revolvers. They have lots of "models", but the variations are so slight (blued vs. stainless, 6" vs. 8", etc), and they have nothing in 10mm.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 am
There are maybe three revolvers I would like to own, and while at least two are Smith & Wessons, a Judge knock-off is not one of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:43 pm
Okay guys, this year's shot show is seriously going to make me punch a kitten. Between Smith's stunt and that mossberg weedwhacker handled shotgun, now this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The judge is now in 28 ga. It's ******** huge. I do admit I would like to have a 20 ga. model if it came out though.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/taurus-raging-judge-in-new-28-gauge-caliber/?hp=products_title  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 pm
Taurus is now my only hope for an MTs-255. xd  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers