Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ugh Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Okay, first off, I don't know what to say about the title, but here goes:

In Religious studies today at school, we were reading about Religious Experiences, and the textbook talked about belief in God and only God, which subconsciously bugged me, so I asked my RE teacher:

Why can't someone believe in another deity or divine being? His answer was:
Well, yes they can.

Then someone stupid said: "Wicca" randomly. It was probably a classmate I told about Wicca a while back when I didn't know very much about it.

But then things lead to a downfall, someone sat a few chairs down from me started asking stupid yet offensive questions:

Do you sacrifice animals in your basement?

Do you have a head in a jar?

...It gets worse. He's just really annoyed me, and this little event has been bugging me all day.

He knows I'm Neo-Pagan, but I don't talk about what I do or share my personal beliefs. It's none of his business.

I can speak to my head of year, who will probably take matters into her own hands and sort this out, but I wanted to tell you guys since I feel there's nowhere else I can turn for support or advice.

Thank you for reading,
Aza.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm
I wouldn't let it bother you. People harass those who are different all the time, it's their way of coping with things they don't know or understand.

How old are you, your age group? If you're still quite young I wouldn't worry over it. Chances are you won't be able to explain it anyway, he won't bother trying to understand. I'm sure as you're here saying how upset you are, he's home wondering over the whole thing anyway.

Just let it go. If your teacher wasn't brilliant enough to stop it during class, then it's not worth drawing out further. The less rope you give him, the sooner he'll get bored and move on with life.

Don't let it worry you.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm
I would have explained what you do, not in excruciating detail, but enough to clear up misconceptions. While there are probably some pagans that do perform animal sacrifices (there's always someone who does, and not for negative reasons), say that's not part of your religious practice.

That's just me though....sure, it's not their business, but you can always enlighten someone to a small portion to help yourself out.

But, do what you have to do and good luck with whatever that may be.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 am
oOGarrettOo
I wouldn't let it bother you. People harass those who are different all the time, it's their way of coping with things they don't know or understand.

How old are you, your age group? If you're still quite young I wouldn't worry over it. Chances are you won't be able to explain it anyway, he won't bother trying to understand. I'm sure as you're here saying how upset you are, he's home wondering over the whole thing anyway.

Just let it go. If your teacher wasn't brilliant enough to stop it during class, then it's not worth drawing out further. The less rope you give him, the sooner he'll get bored and move on with life.

Don't let it worry you.

Yeah. I kept telling myself (excuse my french): ******** him.

That's what I kept telling myself, and I'm over it now. I guess I just needed to relax and clear my mind, which a good night's sleep did! =)

I'm fourteen.

The teacher has a bad time controlling the class, there are several "class clowns" if you get my drift.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 am
I agree with garrett. Don't let it bother you.

You can explain them, but maybe they don't want to know. Just ignore it, you know better.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

But then things lead to a downfall, someone sat a few chairs down from me started asking stupid yet offensive questions:

The head in the jar thing I understand- but the animal sacrifice? Some pagans do sacrifice animals.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:42 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

The head in the jar thing I understand- but the animal sacrifice? Some pagans do sacrifice animals.

Yes, I know. But not for evil intent I'm sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm
I would have said, Yes I do have a head in a jar. And I eat them as well. I also like the souls of children in soup.  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 am
Things have gotten worse today. In I.T. (Information Tech) I was just doing my work and someone started being weird and saying: "I'm a Wicca mate!"

I just ignored him and continued with my work. People started making up things about Wicca and the fact I like rock music and turning it into a "self-cutting" thing. I'm really pissed off.

People are just sick, really sick. I hate it, and I feel sorry for them.

I'm trying really hard to ignore my dark conscience, which is saying to use evil intent with magic on them. I know I shouldn't. I should do the right thing and feel sympathy for them. I'm going to my head of year about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Things have gotten worse today. In I.T. (Information Tech) I was just doing my work and someone started being weird and saying: "I'm a Wicca mate!"

I just ignored him and continued with my work. People started making up things about Wicca and the fact I like rock music and turning it into a "self-cutting" thing. I'm really pissed off.

I'm trying really hard to ignore my dark conscience, which is saying to use evil intent with magic on them. I know I shouldn't. I should do the right thing and feel sympathy for them. I'm going to my head of year about it.

If you would use magic against them. You're just wasting your energy.
People like that don't deserve any of your time.

They're all a bunch of sheep. One starts it, the rest follows. They don't know any better.

Just talk to your head of year about it. Let's hope that person is smarter than the others. lol  

pompoennetje

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 am
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus

If you would use magic against them. You're just wasting your energy.
People like that don't deserve any of your time.

They're all a bunch of sheep. One starts it, the rest follows. They don't know any better.

Just talk to your head of year about it. Let's hope that person is smarter than the others. lol

I know. That's what I keep telling myself.

Yeah. Sheep. Exactly... They're all 13-14 and they're so childish and annoying. I seriously hate being in a single-sex school... It's horrible.

My head of year is kick-a** razz And she used to be a Witch. Well, she dabbled for a bit with herbal magic and stuff. Now she's Catholic I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am
Azareas Aquarinus
I see nothing wrong with casting however you see fit. There are plenty of things you could do without wishing death on someone, and even then, I don't think that's really all that evil.

A "dark conscience" and "evil intent" are all relative. You could cast a very mundane spell, say, on the entrances of the school that will affect whoever walks in. Doesn't have to be anything more than "Anyone who comes in this building will mind their own damned business." or something similar. Is that evil? No, I wouldn't say it is.

But then as a witch I have a very different opinion on good and evil and don't generally deem anything black or white. For instance, my neighbors were doing a bang-up job harassing the crap out of my family and trying to steal my outdoor cats. So I cursed my entire property, assuring that anyone who stepped foot on my property with any sort of harm towards my family in mind will experience hell in a way they never thought possible.

Evil? I don't think so. Not the way I cast it. Now they, on the other hand, might think differently if they ever step foot on my lawn.

Anyway, moral of the story is, nothing is inherently good and nothing is inherently evil. Everyone, no matter who, will always see it how they want to.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Sometimes- yeah. I mean, people can "work with both hands". Pretending otherwise is kind of rude- and the Loa can be fed in exchange for doing some nasty stuff.

All that aside- isn't Freedom of Religion part of where you live?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Sometimes- yeah. I mean, people can "work with both hands". Pretending otherwise is kind of rude- and the Loa can be fed in exchange for doing some nasty stuff.

All that aside- isn't Freedom of Religion part of where you live?

It is. But in a high school of young teens it isn't a very accepting society.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm
oOGarrettOo
Azareas Aquarinus
I see nothing wrong with casting however you see fit. There are plenty of things you could do without wishing death on someone, and even then, I don't think that's really all that evil.

A "dark conscience" and "evil intent" are all relative. You could cast a very mundane spell, say, on the entrances of the school that will affect whoever walks in. Doesn't have to be anything more than "Anyone who comes in this building will mind their own damned business." or something similar. Is that evil? No, I wouldn't say it is.

But then as a witch I have a very different opinion on good and evil and don't generally deem anything black or white. For instance, my neighbors were doing a bang-up job harassing the crap out of my family and trying to steal my outdoor cats. So I cursed my entire property, assuring that anyone who stepped foot on my property with any sort of harm towards my family in mind will experience hell in a way they never thought possible.

Evil? I don't think so. Not the way I cast it. Now they, on the other hand, might think differently if they ever step foot on my lawn.

Anyway, moral of the story is, nothing is inherently good and nothing is inherently evil. Everyone, no matter who, will always see it how they want to.

I was thinking more along the lines of: Give them what they deserve.

But I guess doing that to a building is a good idea.

You're right. It isn't evil. It's a form of protection.

How about a "Binding from Doing Harm" Spell?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games