Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Our Developers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 am
So far as I can tell, all 3 of the developers that have been working with us are not longer with Gaia. None of them have been on Gaia in over a month. Looks like the powers that be are screwing us again.

Yay for the corporate owners who squash the little people!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am
Does it really surprise you?

Guilds have never been Gaia's priority.

When I can find a better website I'm cancelling my subscription here and moving away; this site isn't what I signed up to any more.

There's very little sense of community any more.

We're lied to be an apparently high up dev in regards to what's going to happen to the guilds.

Whilst the guilds exist I'll hang around but I can sense a time in the future when our little havens from the idiots in the forums fades away.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33 am
I have a thread in the forums and it's getting a lot of attention and it seems that developers are being let go left and right- Seems TPTB are focusing on Facebook now. WTF is that all about?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 am
the guilds are the only reason i get on gaia anymore so it really makes me sad that they are one of the most neglected featers on the site.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 am
Yeah for me it's both guilds and zOMG!, both starving, so I'm pretty sad, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 am
Most of the 'guild' based developers weren't worth having ... seriously.

In the last three years they gave us Mass PM's then made them redundant ...

And that's pretty much all they did that was useful!  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 am
The only reasons I really get on Gaia are the guilds and zOMG!. They're like the best parts of Gaia, in my opinion. Gaia just seems to focus on what they want now and not the voice of the users. O_O  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 pm
Pilotslover
Most of the 'guild' based developers weren't worth having ... seriously.

In the last three years they gave us Mass PM's then made them redundant ...

And that's pretty much all they did that was useful!

if they had just fixed the guild announcements i probably would have alot more faith in the devs.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Well, looks like we are not going to get much done. I will be at Ohayocon this weekend and DJ Helsing will be there and I will see what I can find out from him while he is there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm
Hopefully something good. I was so excited when they said they would be taking input during Spring Cleaning, but really...ended up disappointed. *sigh*  

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:37 am
Like Gaia actually cares about us ...

It's not the lack of attention, I wouldn't mind if the guilds were repaired without any new updates, it's more the spasmodic interest with dev's seemingly interested without anything coming of it.

And don't give me the 'well Gaia paid them to pay an interest but not to do the work' because it's crap; rather then leading us on the devs should just be honest.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:20 am
Amensu Saje
The only reasons I really get on Gaia are the guilds and zOMG!. They're like the best parts of Gaia, in my opinion. Gaia just seems to focus on what they want now and not the voice of the users. O_O

Bobby Dillon

Familiar Businessman

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm
Things are like that in biz...Ones will go others will come. But the true and cold fact in RL is that,none is essential but important they are.

In my opinion...everything is given because their entries are not enough according to the expense and CEO has grew up in FB so the only way he knows is FB [not defending him] they are trying to survive and get better and as first point in Gaia's favor, guilds doesn't give anything at all to the biz, so why they should care?

Response:
Because, their costumers use them and meanwhile they are happy they will give money to the biz, [probably] even though is an easy free feature that occupy server space, still not worthy, but the privacy some of users prefer is valuable and makes a loyalty in there.

Then Gaia should make an study of how many Gaians use Guilds, does it still worthy enough not maintain the feature open?
Those this make a particular characteristic on the community site?

If we talk about the quantity and quality latest devs gave us...was nothing, but there could be several causes.
Work personnel pressure [We have to remember that they were multitasking] and the one between wide lines I have point...

But still and compared to other community sites Gaia still be a good one...not because of the features but the people that inhabitant Gaia.
So, I think that somehow we should hint them and tell them that we are important and essential in their biz life.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 am
Honestly when gaiaonline was still go-gaia the guilds were an attractive feature, but back when the guild system was first rolled out Gaia was very much so a community driven site.

Sadly it has transformed in its entirety into a business, admittedly a very good business. Advertising revenue is very important, If it isn't profitable then there isn't to much point sinking money into it. Gaia gives marketers the ability to reach out to a very specific and desirable market segment. It also provides a gateway to implant brand awareness in its young users.

Though how much revenue comes from click through traffic and how much from the micro payments really is up to debate. But if you take into account how many site visitors use facebook and the opportunity that it presents its understandable why they would be throwing their resources at it.

I love the guilds, I always have. The guilds are a way for like minded Gaians to meet on a more level platform and not have to deal with the idiocies of the forums. I'm personally just thankful they haven't pulled the plug on the guilds all together.  

Cho Wan HalHabbet

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am
I, for one, will quit Gaia if they pull the plug on guilds. End of that discussion.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff