Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Book 7- Rumors and Predictions
how many horucruxes do you think he will destroy in 7th book Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karikuri Domashi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:26 pm
i say maybe 3 and then they will make another book or two  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:47 pm
It'll be all of the rest. Rowling said she wasn't going to make another Harry Potter book.  

Elliot Salem

Southern Belles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:21 pm
I love the series and everything but i doubted she was going to make more books, it's would be pointless to seperate them all. So he'll get all of them unless he dies trying to get them...whic i dont think will happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:30 am
Seriously?

I'd say two, at most- one at the beginning of the book, one before the final battle with Voldemort THEN the battle with Voldemort himself. Any more than that and it would seriously be overkill- I'm pretty sure that I won't be too excited to read a book that plays out like an RPG. stare  

Dynast Metallium

~` Tinkerbella `~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:37 pm
Considering Rowling doesnt want to write more books after her contract finishes, and killing all of them would be INTENSE overkill, I think they might do like a time lapse kind of thing. Like, they'll summarize him killing a couple then the rest of the book will be written in the normal style and he'll kill the rest  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:38 pm
It has nothing to do with a "contract". Rowling always planned to do 7 books, one for each of Harry's years at Hogwarts. Hence my surprise that Harry is considering not returning to Hogwarts in book 7 - and my suspicion that he will anyway, for at least part of the year.
I think he'll get all the Horcruxes, four (or three, if you like the theory that Harry is Horcrux #6) and then either way, he'll probably die fighting Voldemort.
I also think it's possible that Harry would be just as untalented as Neville if he wasn't connected with Voldemort, so I suspect that if he destroys Voldemort, he'll lose his powers.  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

Brittany Palmer aka Aeon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:22 pm
I say he will kill them all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:12 pm
Karikuri Domashi
they will make another book or two

Their is not going to be anymore books after the 7th.  

covo

Fiyun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:28 am
Perhaps a few, the others will be destroyed by someone else.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:09 am
I think that one by one he will get them and the last one is inside voldmort himself and there will be the final battle and harry will distroy him and the horcuxe .  

Damietta

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Kermi
It has nothing to do with a "contract". Rowling always planned to do 7 books, one for each of Harry's years at Hogwarts. Hence my surprise that Harry is considering not returning to Hogwarts in book 7 - and my suspicion that he will anyway, for at least part of the year.
I think he'll get all the Horcruxes, four (or three, if you like the theory that Harry is Horcrux #6) and then either way, he'll probably die fighting Voldemort.
I also think it's possible that Harry would be just as untalented as Neville if he wasn't connected with Voldemort, so I suspect that if he destroys Voldemort, he'll lose his powers.

That'd be funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:01 pm
I think all of the Horcruxes will be destroyed, just not all of them by Harry. Theres no way he could find them all himself in only one book.  

mscarrieb

[ Voldemort ]

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:39 am
mscarrieb
I think all of the Horcruxes will be destroyed, just not all of them by Harry. Theres no way he could find them all himself in only one book.

i agree. 3nodding
look at how long it took albus to find only the locket. nearly the entire year, and he knew a lot more about tom/voldemort then harry does.
yes, albus showed harry quite a few memories, but there is still tonnes that he will never know now.

on top of this, harry isn't even sure what all of them are!
lets see...
diary
locket
cup
ring
something of godric's or rowena's (i'm thinking that it may be the sorting hat. voldemort has roots deep in hogwarts, yes?)
nagini

is that about right?
okay, so he has to find the real locket, and destroy that (assuming that r.a.b. never got around to that). he has to find helga's cup, and destroy it. he has to get to the snake, and destroy her, and he has to find some item, and he has to destroy it, and at the moment he has no idea what it is!

so, he has ron and hermione helping him. hopefully the rest of the order will help, when they're not out dealing with voldemort's lackeys...

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:31 pm
i really don't know.  

Alemontes

kitsunemajin90

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:15 pm
As was said before, I think Harry will destroy some of the Horcruxes, but not all of them. Then again, we never know.

There are 4 left to find: Cup, nagini, something of Godric's or Rowena's, and the locket (which I think is the one they found at Grimmid Place back in book 5 that they couldn't open.) Personally, I don't believe that he is the last Horcrux, but I might be completely wrong.  
Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff