Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Cornwall Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm
CORNWALL! It's a place in England I feel called to. Not only is my favourite book series set there, but there's a museum of Witchcraft! I reaallly wanna go now! XD (Sorry I seem hyper. My dad made some meed... sooo I guess it's affecting me)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm
Yeeeah, no. Cornwall isn't actually the Best Place in England. It's pretty much one of those places that the rest of England gently mocks.

On the other hand! it is a surviving Celtic culture.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:14 pm
sweatdrop What's meed?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm
Esiris
sweatdrop What's meed?
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be mead.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm
Never been to Cornwall...but York and Leeds are amazing cities smile Now all I need to do is visit London one day~ But England in general calls to me because of the atmosphere and vibes the land gives off. To me, I prefer it to the states.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 am
Esiris
sweatdrop What's meed?

i think its a drink xD  

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 am
Esiris
sweatdrop What's meed?
Mead is a drink made from fermented honey and water.
the wiki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 am
oOGarrettOo
Esiris
sweatdrop What's meed?

Oh Mead! I know mead! 3nodding

We have a real meadery in town.

I thought meed was something else. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Yeeeah, no. Cornwall isn't actually the Best Place in England. It's pretty much one of those places that the rest of England gently mocks.

On the other hand! it is a surviving Celtic culture.

I wanna go 'cause my fave book is set there. The Legend of the Mermaid of Zennor, if you've heard of the legend. The book series is based on that legend.

And I wanna go to Pendour Cove. And St Ives biggrin And visit Zennor. Haha. The book series is about Merpeople, obviously. It's the Ingo Series by Helen Dunmore.

I have a strong calling to Cornwall.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 am
Viz_22
Never been to Cornwall...but York and Leeds are amazing cities smile Now all I need to do is visit London one day~ But England in general calls to me because of the atmosphere and vibes the land gives off. To me, I prefer it to the states.

England is pretty... bad. Well, school is. I'm in a very rural area. With a lot of socially labelled people who think they're tough and cool. And then they become violent and commit most of the teenage crimes... It can be hell.

But, yes. This country has awesome history and culture. I want to visit stone henge. As well as Cornwall.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:46 am
Esiris
oOGarrettOo
Esiris
sweatdrop What's meed?

Oh Mead! I know mead! 3nodding

We have a real meadery in town.

I thought meed was something else. sweatdrop

I meant mead, haha. Typo sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:16 pm
AS I WAS GOING TO ST IVES
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits.
Kits, cats, sacks and wives -
How many were going to St Ives?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Viz_22

England is pretty... bad. Well, school is. I'm in a very rural area. With a lot of socially labelled people who think they're tough and cool. And then they become violent and commit most of the teenage crimes... It can be hell.

But, yes. This country has awesome history and culture. I want to visit stone henge. As well as Cornwall.

From what I can tell, I was visiting a rural-ish area. Visiting family in West Yorkshire, stayed with my Mum's parents in Mirfield (village). I know one her brother's and his family are near there in Huddersfield....Can't say I know much about the labeling problem except (I think) with the Paki's and how the majority of them live and how people (including my Grandad) have a problem with the women driving with their...headgear on since I completely forgot what it's called sweatdrop

Stonehenge was great though~ Went on a day trip there biggrin Lots of tourists, but simply amazing.

I'd still prefer to live there than here. Every country has it's problems and I prefer the quietness of the land to the noise I hear here..... I've only once felt, for the briefest of moments, the peace this land once had before it was overrun by colonists and the like. Though the Smokey Mountains were good.....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 am
Viz_22
Azareas Aquarinus
Viz_22

From what I can tell, I was visiting a rural-ish area. Visiting family in West Yorkshire, stayed with my Mum's parents in Mirfield (village). I know one her brother's and his family are near there in Huddersfield....Can't say I know much about the labeling problem except (I think) with the Paki's and how the majority of them live and how people (including my Grandad) have a problem with the women driving with their...headgear on since I completely forgot what it's called sweatdrop

Stonehenge was great though~ Went on a day trip there biggrin Lots of tourists, but simply amazing.

I'd still prefer to live there than here. Every country has it's problems and I prefer the quietness of the land to the noise I hear here..... I've only once felt, for the briefest of moments, the peace this land once had before it was overrun by colonists and the like. Though the Smokey Mountains were good.....

Yeah. I've been to York. It's good biggrin

The veil which Muslims wear?

I wanna go to Stonehenge biggrin

It's noisy where I live. It's a big town, haha.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Yeah. I've been to York. It's good biggrin

Their museum with the recreated Victorian street was especially nice. Btw, England has some funky names for places to eat....The Slug and Lettuce??? While we ate there...it wasn't the type of name I'd want to eat within o_O And I still can't get over that I wasn't able to get the food I wanted because I didn't want the wine >.< Though I could have had the wine...it felt weird having a choice to drink alcoholic beverages since I'm of age over there XD

Azareas Aquarinus
The veil which Muslims wear?

Ya. Dunno what they call it. But apparently Brits aren't fond of the women driving and wearing em because they don't understand how they can see while they drive. And a majority of Muslims apparently stuff houses full of relatives in a home fit only for a regular sized family. It was really weird...

Azareas Aquarinus
I wanna go to Stonehenge biggrin

I can't remember how much it costs... I think maybe 10 to 20 pound but don't trust me on that! It's really cool smile especially the audio guides. I want to go back on a Solstice one day....then I could possibly get right up to the stones biggrin  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games