Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
Official Cheat Code Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:58 pm
Quote:
Cheat Code Thread Navigation:
Post 1: Sims 2 cheats
Posts 2-4: Information about the boolprop cheat (correct name; debug mode)

The Sims 2
To open the cheat panel press Ctrl+Shift+C
To exit without entering a cheat type exit
To increase the cheat box size type expand

kaching - 1,000 simoleons
motherlode - 50,000 simoleons
Aging on/off - Turn Sims aging on or off
move_objects on/off - Same as the first Sims version
stretchSkeleton (0.2-50) - Changes height of selected Sim. 1 is default.
faceBlendLimits (on/off) - When "off" faces are not as limited when parents have a child
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims # - Sets the maximum number of visiting Sims for parties and community lots. # is number of Sims. Must be entered on neighbourhood view
boolProp snapObjectsToGrid (true/false) - When "false" objects do not lock to the grid. exclaim Change to "true" when placing windows and doors exclaim
boolprop constrainFloorElevation (true/false) - "false" allows floor to be raised or lowered with objects, flooring and walls on top.
boolprop unevenTilesFloorable (true/false) - "true" allows floor tiles to be placed on unlevel ground
floatProp tvVolume (0.0-1.0) - Changes Sim tv volume. 0.5 is default

Cheats Useful For Film Making
boolProp enablePostProcessing (true/false) - Must be set to "true" for film cheats to work
Bloom (r g b x) - Image becomes bright and blurs. "r","g" and "b" are colour values and "x" is how much bloom. All have values of 0-255
vignette (centerx centery X) - Makes the edges of the screen blurry. Useful for dream sequences
filmgrain (0-1) - Makes the film look old
letterbox (0.0-0.4) - Creates a letterbox shape frame
Slowmotion (0-8 ) - 0 is default, 8 is slowest

University
changeLotZoning (dorm/greek/community/residential/secretsociety) - Changes the lot type. Any lot changed to secret society will become invisible on the neighbourhood view
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation (true/false) - Allows objects to be placed diagonally. Use < and > keys to rotate while object is selected
setHighestAllowedLevel # - Allows building higher than 5 floors. Change # to highest floor number
boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled (true/false) - "false" enables all Build and Buy functions on a dorm lot

Nightlife
roofSlopeAngle (15-75) - Alters the pitch of the roof. 45 is default
familyfunds [family name] # -fill in the family name and enter any amount for # and that's how much they'll have
maxMotives - Maxes out all sims needs except for environment (as environment is room specific)
motivedecay on/off - When "off" Sims' natural needs won't go up or down.
unlockCareerRewards - Allows access to all career rewards.
aspirationLevel (0-5) - 0 is the lowest, 5 is platinum level
ageSimsCheat (on/off) - "on" adds "Set Age" to Sim menus allowing the ability to change any sim to any age group
aspirationPoints # - Change # to desired number of points. Adds specified aspiration points to selected sim
lockAspiration (on/off) - "on" stops aspirational point decay for all Sims on the lot
showHeadlines (on/off) - "off" stops thought and speech bubbles from showing

Open for Business
forcetwins - Forces an already pregnant sim to have twins
Sethour (0-23) - Change the current in-game time
AddneighbortoFamilycheat (on/off) - Add any sim to the current family
Plumbbobtoggle - Hides the plumbob (green diamond). Type it again to get the plumbob back
Holding down Ctrl+Alt with a wall object selected allows you to place as many objects on a wall as you like, even if they overlap. The AltGr key has the same effect.

Pets
boolprop ControlPets (on/off) - Allows the player to control pets when "on"
boolprop DisablePuppyKittenAging (true/false) - Stops kittens and puppies aging when set to "false"
boolprop PetActionCancel (true/false) - Allows you to cancel pet actions when set to "true"
boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags (true/false) - When set to "true" game icons appear in item descriptions in Buy and Build mode indicating which pack they came from
boolprop PetsFreeWill (true/false) - Turns pets free will on or off
DeleteAll(Awnings/Fences/HalfWalls/Walls/Objects/Doors/Windows/Stairs) - Deletes all of the chosen item on a lot
IndividualRoofSlopeAngle (15/75) - Allows altering of individual roof slopes

Seasons
bugJarTimeDecay (on/off) - When set to "off" the fireflies never die and you can continue to use them as lights around your Sims' homes.

Bon Voyage
changeLotZoning hotel- Allows you to change the currently loaded lot into a hotel lot

Free Time
modifyNeighborhoodTerrain (on/off) - When set to "on" it allows the player to raise or lower sections of the neighborhood. Click or click and drag the area to be altered than use [ to raise, ] to lower, (back-slash) to level. Changes are saved automatically.

Apartment Life
changeLotZoning apartmentbase - Allows a currently loaded residential lot to be converted into an apartment lot. You must save after entering the cheat and before leaving the lot for the changes to take effect.
changeLotClassification (low/middle/high) - Changes lot classification between low, middle and high. The classification effects what type of Social Townies are likely to move into the apartment.
clearLotClassValue - Removes the effects of the above cheat, returning th lot to it correct lot value.
printLotClass - Displays the loaded lot's current lot value.

Mansion and Gardens
setQuarterTilePlacement (on/off) - After entering this cheat you can turn quarter tile placement on and off using “Ctrl + F” anytime you are in Build or Buy Mode. This cheat allows you to line objects up better without having to use the snapObjectsToGrid cheat.

You'll notice most of these are straight from the three cheat code threads in this guild. I decided to make a thread for all of them instead of having a lot of different ones.

Updated by Menaceman  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:02 pm
Thank you to AnnoyingEvil1 for all of this information on the boolProp testing cheat:

USE THIS CHEAT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Many people are wondering about this cheat that everyone is talking about and some want to know if it is safe to use, some want to know the stuff it does and some just want to know how to type it in!! Well here's a sort of player's guide to the cheat... or more like an FAQ. Call it whatever you want but here it is.

Whats up with this cheat?
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true is a powerfull cheat used to enable debug mode which allows for many new options which are normally hidden from game play.
For CAS: After enabling the cheat in the neighborhood view, load CAS and go into debug mode by pressing "Shift+N" before making a sim. Then you have the following new things in CAS which are normally hidden; new skintones, new clothings and some other options like viewing the skinfilenames.
In game: After entering this cheat, press Shift while left-clicking on a sim to have lots of new options like changing clothes, make your sim fat or thin, set aspiration level, etc, etc. This cheat can also spawn some interesting items like the tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath) that has many options like spawning new family members. We'll get on how to do this later on.

How do I type it in??!?!?
First, open up the cheat console (the little window where you type the cheat in) by pressing Shift+Ctrl+C, then type in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true. If you are trying to use the cheat in CAS (Create-A-Sim mode) I recommend that you type in the cheat while in the Neighborhood View. Once CAS is loaded press Shift+N to enable the hidden content. Press Shift+M to disable the hidden items.
You only need to do this in CAS. To use the cheat in normal gameplay just hold SHIFT and then click on an object or a sim, I'll explain this in detail later on.

Is this safe to use?
To a certain extent, yes it is safe but you should use some of the stuff it enables you to do at your own risk. There is no trouble when you use it in CAS because all you are doing is selecting clothes/hairstyles/skins/ect... The worst thing it can do if you missuse it out of CAS is crash your game. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I've found out that the Save/Exit To Neighborhood/Quit buttons grey out when you try to kill a sim when you dont use the tombstone that lets you pick which type of death you want to die. This forces you to quit the game by CTRL+ALT+DELETE and you will lose any gamedata you had not saved. When you SHIFT and CLICK on an object you might get a "Force Error" choice in the pie menu. This option is also available on Sims. I would recommend not to select it since it does just what it says; forces the item to create an error. I've clicked it and it pops up a blue window giving you 3 choices; Cancel, Reset and Delete. "Cancel" seems to do nothing and just causes the window to pop-up again. "Reset" resets the item or Sims and the window will go away. "Delete" removes the item or Sim from the lot but might also delete the object file from the gamedata. To sum it all up, its safe to use in CAS and in MOST parts of normal gameplay but when it comes to "Force Error" just dont click it.
The only time it would be a good idea to force an error would be if an object or Sim has become stuck. This way you can use the reset option to get them unstuck again.

Interactions on the Selected Sim, other Sims, Visitors and NPCs:
When you SHIFT+CLICK on the Sim that has the Plumbob (Crystal Diamond thingy that floats over their head lol) or when you SHIFT+CLICK on any other Sim you will get a pie-menu full of stuff. Clicking "Spawn..." and then an option from the pie-menu will spawn objects that do special stuff. I wouldn't click on "Force Error", "Dump Happy Log" or "Kill..." because they will delete your Sim or cause your game to crash or gray out your Quit buttons.  

Lady Vina

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:07 pm
I used the cheat, and now my sims won't go to work or school. The car pools and the buses arrive, but the sims just refuse to get in the car. No matter how many times I select "Go to work" it immediately disappears from the que. Any ideas how to fix this?

It should be solved by quitting.

Do you have to have some kind of patch for this cheat to work?

No.

Please help with the tombstone of Life and Death! What do you do to get it and what does it do?

To get the Tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath) simply SHIFT+CLICK on your Sim, click on Spawn, then click on Tombstone of L and D. A tombstone should appear next to your Sim. It has different options such as making your Sim pregnant, adding new Sims to the household, instant aging and so on.

When do you press SHIFT+N? before you make a sim? Pressing Shift-N just types a capital N in the last name box... while the CAS screen is loading, then?

Before you make your Sim, click outside of any text boxes then press SHIFT and N together and a little pop up window should pop up at the corner of the screen notifying you that the game has entered debug mode.

I entered the cheat in game and I can't figure out how to get the cheat window to go away once I have it showing. Any help there?

Press ESC or just type in exit and then press ENTER.

Interesting Facts:
-Tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath) can make sims pregnant, accelerate pregnancy, add new sims to the household, make instant friends with everyone who is in the lot and age on command as well as others.
-Rodney's Death Creator lets you choose how you want your sim to die. Your Sim will die as soon as the command reaches the front of the action que.
-SHIFT+CLICK on the mailbox and you will be able to freeze your moods (Make All Moods Static) and raise everyone's mood (Make everyone happy) and other stuff like trigger a burglar or newspaper delivery.
-SHIFT+CLICK on the piano and you will get the option to untune and break the piano.
-SHIFT+CLICK on the easel lets you do some tests and one of them makes you take a picture then makes the painting instantly
-SHIFT+CLICK on a tub and you'll be able to age it, break it and make it dirty
-SHIFT+CLICK on a toilet and you'll get multiple cleaning options
-SHIFT+CLICK kitchen counters and stoves and you'll get cleaning options.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:08 pm
More Interesting Facts:
-To get the Tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath) simply SHIFT+CLICK on your Sim, click on Spawn, then click on Tombstone of L and D. A tombstone should appear next to your Sim. It will have different options on how to do some different stuff.
-To get the Death Creator SHIFT+CLICK on your Sim, then click on Spawn, then click on Rodney's Death Creator. A tombstone should appear next to your Sim. It has all the ways of dying.
-Don't use the option that you get when you SHIFT+CLICK on the mailbox that says "Make Everyone My Friend" because then your phone wont stop ringing. Use it by all means if you don't want/have a phone.
-You can't get the hidden hair styles on a mirror, you have to go into Create A Sim and then type the cheat in then hit CTRL+N and then just browse through any hair color that is not custom content and you should be fine.

When you press 'make me some friends', you're relationships with NPC's don't change which I think is a good thing cause I don't like being friends with townies. Only the people in your relationship tab become your friends but I noticed on the work tab it said that my Sim had 125 friends, as good as that sounds, I don't think I'll be using that cheat.

'NPC Killer' doesn't appear to do anything that I'm aware of. I called a bartender and tried to kill a townie walking by but they didn't die. So, I'm still wondering what that does.

I mentioned in a previous post that I thought you would be able to bring back Sims that you have deleted in the family bin because when I was viewing "neighbor to make family" in the spawning section, I saw some names of Sims that I had deleted from my game months ago. This doesn't seem to be the case, what will happen is your selected Sim will end up being deleted from the game. Only thing you have to do is press reset and they'll come back though or just don't save. So don't get freaked out.

But what is possible is if you add a member to your family like a townie, then you press "Make me family member" your new member in the family tree can end up being related to Sims that you have deleted in your game. I tried this cheat with a townie, it showed that his father was a kid in this family of 3 that I had deleted from my neighborhood.
You can also change your Sims first name with this cheat and raise their aspiration meters.

Shift clicking on the newspaper, with the cheat active, allows you to pick any of the careers available AND unlocks the career reward objects for you in reward mode. Very cool! Once you have chosen a career you can shift click on the paper again to pick the job level of your choice.

With the cheat turned on in the neighborhood view, once you enter a lot you are able to drag the moods, skills, personality and relationships of Sims up or down. Its pointless to use this on the environment score of the needs section though because it immediately corrects itself when you let go with the mouse.

=========
Tombstone of Land D:
You can get women pregnant with alien babies, also pregnant by anyone standing on the lot. I also did the BABY CINECAM option and she had a baby that seemed to be a clone of herself, only the opposite sex. It had no one on his family tree. This option wont do anything if your graphics card can't handle the special events camera.

I noticed my exit options were grayed out when I had the Grim Reaper frozen on my lot. I deleted him and could then exit.

Killing toddlers will NOT work, however I could make the newborn selectable and see his needs and personality. BABY CINECAM will not let you name the baby it makes, but you can use the Tomb of L and D to change the name once a baby is selectable. If you already have a baby on the lot then that is the baby that will be used in the BABY CINECAM animation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you SHIFT + CLICK on any telescope, their is an option to get abducted.
On the tombstone of L(Life) and D(Death) thier is an option that says "Make me the Child" If you press that, the sim you selected it with losses all of their family ties and becomes the child of the Grim Reaper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can say is that if you want to try the hack back-up your game beforehand and use it at your own risk. It is a debugging tool that was used by programmers who know their jobs very well.  

Lady Vina

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:14 pm
Phew, I hope I got all of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:07 pm
actually, believe it or not, one time a toddler DID die
somehow, it was caught near the stove when it caught on fire
to test this theory, i surrounded the toddler with a fence.
sure enough, he dissapeared and a gravestone appeared after awhile

it's so wierd, i dont believe it myself.
a glitch possibly? o.o

kara_neko

thatrockscaresme

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:09 pm
kara_neko

a glitch possibly? o.o

Kinda random, but my friend's toddler somehow killed itself by falling in a bathtub... D :

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
i_love_it

I think that cheat destroyed my game!
D**:

Thread Explaining All

I have a feeling that that cheat caused it!

thatrockscaresme

candee-addict

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:18 pm
thankyou  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:17 pm
thatrockscaresme
i_love_it

I think that cheat destroyed my game!
D**:

Thread Explaining All

I have a feeling that that cheat caused it!

Mine did that, too. I think it is the cheat, but I think I fixed it. I just uninstalled the game (it gives you an option to delete all your families or not) and reinstalled it. Then it was fine, as far as I know.

Tell-Tale Heart

Bye Bye Adilic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:03 pm
thatrockscaresme
kara_neko

a glitch possibly? o.o

Kinda random, but my friend's toddler somehow killed itself by falling in a bathtub... D :

Who's toddler was that? Stephanie's? Who else has the Sims 2?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 am
It sucks toddlers can die most of the time they are so cute  

hup123hup123slapslap

Little__Emo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:24 pm
hup123hup123slapslap

my toddler died yesterday because it was near the fireplace when it took on fire crying i was like screaming in front of my computer then there was a gravestone then i cryed XDDD i know iknow its just a game but damn a pregant women in that game is so hard to play!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:02 pm
Little__Emo
hup123hup123slapslap

my toddler died yesterday because it was near the fireplace when it took on fire crying i was like screaming in front of my computer then there was a gravestone then i cryed XDDD i know iknow its just a game but damn a pregant women in that game is so hard to play!!

if you dont want your sim to die, then go to the neighborhood without saving! its that simple. unless you did a lot before the sim died.
i got on one of my families once, and five seconds later my sim died because she was sick. surprised . i just went to the neighborhood.
then there are other times when i was playing a family for like an hour, and i hit the desk and the computer restarted. i didnt like that. evil .  

demon_child(GRR)

The Sims 2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces