Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Help With Meditation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:17 pm
I have a very hard time meditating. My friend wont help and all the guided ones either have a computor vioce that scared me a little, has an accent I can't understand, or vioce isn't smooth so I can't relax. When I try to do it by myself, I get all itchy everywhere. This happens everytime I try to focus or concentrait. Any advice on how to prevent the itchy? Or any other maditating advice?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 am
Before you meditate, try taking a bath with herbs, essential oil or just a simple bath.

Just relax in the water, or you could sit in it with a candle to meditate on or something.

This video helped me find my totem animal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ppUi06y3Y  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:40 pm
If you get itchy or fidget then acknowledge it, relax and keep focusing. If you find that sitting or laying still is too hard you could practice just the part about relaxing and being still.

Beyond that there are ways to meditate through motion. Have you tried running constantly until you get into a rhythm? Swimming laps in a pool seems like it would work too, though I haven't tried that personally. I know there are ways to do meditations through yoga and other repetitive motions. I believe, and I might be wrong, that the goal in trance dancing is sometimes to get to a quiet space in one's mind.

If sedentary meditation really calls to you, maybe try again after heavy exercising? Being a little tired can help quiet the body.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm
blindfaith^_^
If you get itchy or fidget then acknowledge it, relax and keep focusing. If you find that sitting or laying still is too hard you could practice just the part about relaxing and being still.

Beyond that there are ways to meditate through motion. Have you tried running constantly until you get into a rhythm? Swimming laps in a pool seems like it would work too, though I haven't tried that personally. I know there are ways to do meditations through yoga and other repetitive motions. I believe, and I might be wrong, that the goal in trance dancing is sometimes to get to a quiet space in one's mind.

If sedentary meditation really calls to you, maybe try again after heavy exercising? Being a little tired can help quiet the body.

Whenever I try to aknowlage it, It seems to get worse then all my attention is on how itchy I am. And it dosn't seem to help due to I am really lazy... My brain also gets all freaked out when something isn't working at first, It alwase happens to me, I start to get all un-chill. I can only seem to relax when I am not trying to relax. I am trying to meditate my best, though.

@Azareas Aquarinus:
I like showers and baths. I don't keep herbs and essential oil where I live, sorry. Relaxing in a shower with me sitting down and the water hitting my back dose relax me, but I alwase forget to meditate, I'll try to get it on my mind, thanks.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:23 pm
NeonXatu
I have a very hard time meditating. My friend wont help and all the guided ones either have a computor vioce that scared me a little, has an accent I can't understand, or vioce isn't smooth so I can't relax. When I try to do it by myself, I get all itchy everywhere. This happens everytime I try to focus or concentrait. Any advice on how to prevent the itchy? Or any other maditating advice?
oh this reminds me once i got super itchy too, but i was trying to astral through meditation so i just took a shower when i got too itchy then layed down, then when i was half asleep a being or my astral body or something went and poked me in my spine and i shook/jolted awake.
i havent gotten that itchy since though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 am
whenever i have trouble meditating (which is not as often as i'd like) i put on some realy tranquel muisc, nothing with words but just music and all my attention gets focused on that music..it helps me calm down and get into a frame of mind that is good for relaxed meditation.  

Laura_the_Pixie

11,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Rena Zefie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 am
I meditate all the time, its really relaxing. I usually sit on a mat or a pillow on the floor with a candle on either side and one in front of me. I use white candles because of the meaning, but you can use whatever candle you want lol. shut everything off, unless its like calming music if that's what you need, and let go. ^^ that's how i do it anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 pm
Rena Zefie
I meditate all the time, its really relaxing. I usually sit on a mat or a pillow on the floor with a candle on either side and one in front of me. I use white candles because of the meaning, but you can use whatever candle you want lol. shut everything off, unless its like calming music if that's what you need, and let go. ^^ that's how i do it anyway.

Sigh... I don't keep candles in the house, all I have is the heavily cented ones from a yankee candle store, I don't find those the best for that kind of thing, I wish I had more meaning ones like plain white ones.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Rena Zefie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 pm
NeonXatu
Rena Zefie

Sigh... I don't keep candles in the house, all I have is the heavily cented ones from a yankee candle store, I don't find those the best for that kind of thing, I wish I had more meaning ones like plain white ones.

Oh i see. i love candles i hav a ton of em. u dont have to use candles hun u can just sit ont eh floor or bed and try to. candles jus kinda help me focus lol. Each color means something, but its only becuz im becomming a pagan so....yea. Try lissening to lik calming music to u and see what happens hun.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:11 pm
Rena Zefie
NeonXatu
Rena Zefie

Oh i see. i love candles i hav a ton of em. u dont have to use candles hun u can just sit ont eh floor or bed and try to. candles jus kinda help me focus lol. Each color means something, but its only becuz im becomming a pagan so....yea. Try lissening to lik calming music to u and see what happens hun.

Yah, it helps, but I still get irritated when I meditate. The thought of trying to relax stresses me out. I just hope to get rid of the itch when I try to.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Rena Zefie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
Rena Zefie
NeonXatu
Rena Zefie

Yah, it helps, but I still get irritated when I meditate. The thought of trying to relax stresses me out. I just hope to get rid of the itch when I try to.

lol mybe u should get a stress ball and than meditate  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm
I learned I have to be more stubborn than my body's itchies. I'll lay there and completely relax my body, make sure that my clothes are comfortable and not wrinkled up under me at all.. my hair is out from under my head so it's not uncomfortable either. Then I relax everything, from my forehead down to my toes. It's kinda neat actually feeling things relax that you already though were relaxed. And any itchies that come up, I think at it "hey, you there uncomfy spot, shut the hell up!!" and eventually it will go away. It's strange feeling it go away without being itched. Like right now my elbow itches really bad, but I'm feeling too lazy to reach over and itch it. And the itch will go away.

Then.. blank your mind. If you want to stare at the wall or ceiling, that works too. If you want to close your eyes, then do that. I often have trouble actually clearing my mind, I've learned to completely focus on my breathing. In, out. In is 1, out is 2. Count to 10, then start at 1 again. If you lose count, just start over, it's not something to stress over.

The point of meditating is to relax yourself. If you HAVE to itch, then go ahead and itch. It's okay, you don't have to stay perfectly still. Frankly, if I stay still for too long my joints start feeling stiff and achy. I'd go crazy if I had to try and ignore the stiffness and continue to just lay there.

And like someone else said, you can meditate while doing something.. repetitive things would probably be best. Like running or swimming.. or maybe even knitting!  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 am
kage no neko
I learned I have to be more stubborn than my body's itchies. I'll lay there and completely relax my body, make sure that my clothes are comfortable and not wrinkled up under me at all.. my hair is out from under my head so it's not uncomfortable either. Then I relax everything, from my forehead down to my toes. It's kinda neat actually feeling things relax that you already though were relaxed. And any itchies that come up, I think at it "hey, you there uncomfy spot, shut the hell up!!" and eventually it will go away. It's strange feeling it go away without being itched. Like right now my elbow itches really bad, but I'm feeling too lazy to reach over and itch it. And the itch will go away.

Then.. blank your mind. If you want to stare at the wall or ceiling, that works too. If you want to close your eyes, then do that. I often have trouble actually clearing my mind, I've learned to completely focus on my breathing. In, out. In is 1, out is 2. Count to 10, then start at 1 again. If you lose count, just start over, it's not something to stress over.

The point of meditating is to relax yourself. If you HAVE to itch, then go ahead and itch. It's okay, you don't have to stay perfectly still. Frankly, if I stay still for too long my joints start feeling stiff and achy. I'd go crazy if I had to try and ignore the stiffness and continue to just lay there.

And like someone else said, you can meditate while doing something.. repetitive things would probably be best. Like running or swimming.. or maybe even knitting!

Yah... But when I stare at the anywhere, I have a habit of thinking of the things I need to clear my mind of. I'll try to do what you do, but when I think about the itch going away, it itches more!! It's really irritating, but I'm working on it.
And btw, you made me laugh with the 'Shut the hell up' part.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:35 am
It doesn't help if you scratch some?

I think you're trying not to think too hard. Just let the thoughts drift away. The more you isolate them as troublesome thoughts, the more you defeat yourself, and end up stressed and frustrated. They are clouds across the sky of your mind. See them drift away.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:46 am
Sanguina Cruenta
It doesn't help if you scratch some?

I think you're trying not to think too hard. Just let the thoughts drift away. The more you isolate them as troublesome thoughts, the more you defeat yourself, and end up stressed and frustrated. They are clouds across the sky of your mind. See them drift away.

Well, I shift to scratch and then lose my comfort stop. I am trying to find a way. I am trying to develop a meditation strategy from all of these post to see if I am find something.
And I do seem to think too hard, thanks! I'll try not to! But usually it goes like this in my mind:
Ok, don't think to hard, just don't think to hard. YOUR THINKING TOO HARD! Ok, just don't think bout thinking to hard... But Trying to not think I am thinking about it....
It's been getting a tad bit easier, but I always seem to end up frustrated.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff