Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Being Nice Bit Me. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aizikan

Loyal Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:20 pm
Alright, so here is the deal. There was this contest going on, yeah I entered. Big freaking woop... I wasn't going to win, I knew that, but why not enter as you will never have a chance if you don't.

Prize: Sugar Suit to first place.

Okay, yeah, good deal, get it and gift it to one of my friends that has it on their wish list. Great!

Issue: Host was to busy with rl. I understand that. I go days with out checking in on my places here on gaia.

Not my fault, neither is it hers. So I just send her a pm stating that one of the contestants said that it would end on January 31st, 2011. So I send her a pm stating that in hosting a contract you enter a 'contract' with all who enter, and by being the host you must not only hold true to the contest and all that you say that you will do, but hand out a prize for all the winners.

So she comes on, explains how she has been so busy with her school work, understandable, and that she will end it this Sunday (2/13).

Fair enough. What wasn't fair was that she had promised sugar suit, and changed it to 100k the day before it was suppose to end. Not cool. Many contestants were mad at it, and were getting really angry with their posts.

So I told them all to cool it that I was chatting with her trying to get it all sorted out. They thanked me and cooled down, not bothering the host.

She then comes back with a nasty pm when I tell her that she needs to put sugar suit back up for first place. It read:

but the thing is I don't have the sugarsuite anymore. That's the issue here. So what am I supposed to give them?! hm?! I'm trying my best here and I'm already frustrated enough with this! I have loads of work to be done and I am stressed as hell! So ******** if I care if they ban me because I don't have something! At least I am giving them a prize! It's nothing but pixels damn it! What would it matter to me if I lose pixels?! I put no money into this game! So I am going to do my best and people need to deal with it because pixels are WORTHLESS!!! Thank you for your concern and leave me be to handle the situation! Good day to you sir!

Okay so that hurt. A lot. As I said, I just saved her little butt from other contestants getting angry with her.

So then I reply to her pm, saying that I wasn't really wanting to win, that I didn't pm you for those reasons, and that she needed to calm down to me as it wasn't fair.

But I looked at the thread, and one she locked it so no one else could reply, but before she did, she posted this under a quote of my entree:

Look, I like your photography but it's not enough to make the top 3. It states that you need to post more entrees to gather more points. People have lives outside of gaia and I can't be on all of the time! Even if I am not around posting and tallying, you should have been posting more! Plus it was at a stand still and I was hoping people could post more but no, no one wanted to give it a try! So stop complaining over pixels when you should have posted more! You have no right to be bothering me if you didn't even read the rules all of the way! 140 points isn't going to get you the sugarsuite! You had since December to post more than just 1 entree! I didn't leave a post saying "Oh hey, wait till I give you your score so you can continue!" No, I said to keep posting more so you can keep adding on when I tally it up to have your grand total! So I am going to send everyone who made the top 3 a trade and post PICTURES so you all can see I gave out the prizes!

So now what? You get to call me out in public and I am not suppose to be able to do a thing about it?

She doesn't know anything about me, and now I want to put up a cursing rant due to all the stress in my life.

I posted this in a new topic with the subject of : -persons name- About you calling me out...

Please understand that I did not pm you to get yelled at, nor to point to my picture and say oh look at it! I get first place!

Quite frankly I entered not even thinking that I was going to win due to my lack of time.

I am a 20 year old man, who is in his second year of college. I run student counsel, 3 clubs, and all my classes are honors, and for yet another year in a row I am holding the top grades of my class. I also take care of my grandparents (Plus grandfather just had a heart attack this morning) and hold up a job. Plus I am now dating.

So Please, do not call me out in some thread, then lock it. That is unfair to me, as it hurts to know that all I was trying to do is protect you.

I don't need to see pictures to know that you have handed out the prizes.

I don't need to be called out and belittled in front of everyone.

Please understand that thats not why I did what I did.

Thank you for holding your contest. Rough ending or not, it was a good idea.

Aizikan

Please, let me know if you think I have done anything wrong... Or what you would do if you were in my shoes.

Because I have just about had enough for the week, and its only monday.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 pm
Damn that bites hardcore. Seriously though why hold a contest if you don't even have the item you were offering in the first place and your just going to offer gold in place of the item. People entered for the item not the gold. People like that should not be holding contests. Yes life does get in the way of things, but still you need to come back and check on things. Sorry man you and everyone else in that contest got so screwed over.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Aizikan

Loyal Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 pm
Well see thats not even the part that bugs me.

The part that really bugs me is that I was helping her out. Keeping people from sending her all rude pms.

And she blaims me for adding more stress to her life, and goes off on me.

Like I need this kind of stress added onto my life.

-tries to calm down-

Sorry if I sound like I am mad at you... I am not. Its just so... -pulls at hair and screams-  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 pm
Oh I know how heated you are right now. She was coming down on you when you clearly was just trying to ask her some simple questions and keeping the angry mob at bay. She should have seen that instead of retaliating towards you.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Aizikan

Loyal Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 pm
-trying to take my own chill pill-

Its done its over... I am going to go draw -excuse my french- some god damn stick figures because I can!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:39 pm
Sweetness. You should enter those into my contest. Ha ha.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Mikuobunny

Fashionable Lover

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 am
It sounds to me like she was stupid, and wanted to blame everyone and everything else for her "issues." You just happened to be the scapegoat. Not everyone is nice, not everyone will be able to see the way you do. Continue to do what you do. If they want to be miserable jerks, let them be miserable jerks. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:49 am
People pulling that kind of crap are part of the reason I have slacked on contests. Yeah, most of my gold is from contests wins, but when I enter for a big prize just to end up seeing that the prize is dropped for something less (or not at all) it's frustrating. Especially when I am the one that actually 'wins'.

There are allot of scammer contest hosts out there though. It's crazy! They do that on purpose too! They offer something they never even had, and then when it comes down to it, they say, "Oh well, yu can't have what I promised, you will just have to be happy with this consolation prize. Sorry you won."

GAHHH! It's my peeve. I have gotten pretty good at spotting them though. Sorry you were the victim of a b***h though. I know how frustrating it is to be so mad but not be able to do anything about it. You could report her though.  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Aizikan

Loyal Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am
I am not going to report her until I see what she handed over for first place. She has already given out 3rd and 2nd place, but she hasn't given out first.

I think she is selling things so she can get back a sugar suit.

The thing is, I don't get her grading on the contest. It was an all art contest thing. Where any form of art could be entered.

She gave an amount saying for this category you can earn up to this amount of points, but she then said that you had to earn out of 580, the combined number of all categories.

Well see that is what doesn't make sense. She said I got a perfect score of 140/140 for my photo I submitted, but because she wanted people to submit something for each category to get the best points out of 580, that I was 'never going to have a chance at winning'.

Quite frankly though the first place winner got 200 out of the 580.

Just saying that if I was judge I would of did it out of your categories you entered, and then did a percentage to decided.

Not trying to come off like a sore looser, I am not. Its just pixels, really. I am still trying to figure out how in the world she came up with the winners.

-shrugs- Oh well though, she was the host, it was her 'way' and her winners. I don't mind.

I would go and congratulate them, but again, she locked the topic. Yeah!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 am
O_O wow. I've run contests before and have entered contests, but if someone (either a participant or a host) ever treated me the way you've been treated, I doubt I would have been as calm about it as you've been. No, the pixels don't really matter, but it's the fact (as you said) that she made a promise to deliver something and then changed the promise at the last moment. And then when you tried to smooth things over for her she takes her frustration out on you and belittles you in public.

No, I don't see where you've committed any wrong. In fact, I think you took it very easy on her. I can't honestly say I would have done the same in your situation. It's people like that who really irritate the hell out of me stressed Now, go draw your damn stick figures and rock the hell out of them! By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather having a heart attack, I hope he's alright!  

The_TGIF_Kitty

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 am
Man; too much stress for a Gaia contest.

She probably should have just waited until she had a nice break where she wouldn't be weighed down with stress and all.

Otherwise it seems she's taking out her anger on everyone else due to her own incompetence with being a hostess.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 am
Hmph! If I were you and if I had known she was going to act that way towards someone trying to help her avoid a shitstorm, I wouldnt have even bothered to help her. Let her deal with angry contest participants herself. And if you ask me, I consider it scamming. She said sugar suite, claims not to have it, and now shes trying to offer something of less worth as some sort of consolation first prize. Probably trying to hold off on giving a prize in an attempt at letting things die down.  

This Isnt Sparta

Liberal Fatcat

Aizikan

Loyal Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am
Alright, she has said that she was sorry and that it wasn't right of her to take her anger out on me.

-rubs back of head-

I might as well just quit the guild, its dead anyways. -the one this event happened in-

*back to drawing my stick figures*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm
Wow... You showed some great restraint there. That is amazing, and I am impressed... You deserve a Sugarsuite, even with stick figures as an entry.

That's why I'll be sending one over shortly.

Almost Poetic

neonchrome
Crew

High-functioning Ladykiller

21,150 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 pm
:/ wow... Thats pretty eff'd up. It seemed to me like you were just there at the wrong time so she took out all her rage on you. It's just not fair of her to do that too you. She should have been thanking you for calming the others down.

It's good that she apologized to you though  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces