Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]
[PRP] By the Will Art Thou Lost ( Ng'ombe & Mangue)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm
* Disclaimer: Unsure of where to begin this RP, we sought permission from Velveteen Angel who graciously granted it so that these two could begin the deal for the Coalition and the K'N to become allies.:End Disclaimer*

User Image

Ng'ombe sighed as she looked into the pool of water, her silver spun eyes filled with sorrow. So much had changed for her in the past few weeks, and the life she had known was gone, like so much sand in the wind.

Bringing a delicate paw to her muzzle, she began to bathe her face, her movements filled with an unconscious grace, her long lashes leaving a lacy shadows over her cheeks, almost hiding the silent tears that wet her white fur.

What was she going to do? How was she going to escape? Everything she saw of this place told her that to try would mean death, but she had no desire to become one of them. The young cheetah could not imagine becoming an Entertainer. It was bad enough, what Noir had done to her...but to do it a purpose. No..

Closing her eyes, she set down her paw, her head hanging, shoulders hunching forward as she struggled to remain composed. She was a lady, had been raised so carefully, and now, now she was little better then a slave.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm
User Image

Looking around, it was Maël's first time in this 'ally' pride. The term was new to him, and he used it quite loosely. In all the time he had lived in the colony, he had never seen his father take on an ally. To his father, it was the 'eat or be eaten' philosophy with everything in life. In fact, the only reason that Maël was the heir to the throne was that he was the only boy his parents ever birthed.

For the moment, Maël was alone. He had been graciously welcomed by the leaders of this pride, and was currently.... perusing? It was kind of nice being alone, allowing for him to really take in everything. Well, he wasn't alone, but Maël had been raised with a body guard on his side, so he didn't really notice it.

It seemed a little....odd to Maël, looking around and seeing cheetahs and leopards co-habitate. This was probably the reason Maël's father didn't want to come himself; even the sight of it would have disgusted him. It didn't really bother Maël, he just....wasn't really used to it. He didn't prefer it, either, but...that was a different story.

Glancing over towards a pool of water, Maël noticed the splotched cheetah that was perched beside it. He thought that maybe it'd be a good chance to get the insight of an actual pride member.

"Excusez-moi, mademoiselle," He took a few steps towards her, his accent layering his deep voice. "you are from zis pride, no?" Although his accent was thick, he had learned the 'outside world's' language fairly well, usually only keeping to his native tongue when it came to the little things.

Polette
Crew

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 pm
Ng'ombe looked up with wide, startled, moon born eyes at the handsome cheetah as he addressed her. She'd not heard him approach and was surprised not only by his appearance in front of her, but by his question as well.

The elegant female lowered her head, her delicate ears laying against her skull as she turned away, her cultured voice answering him with a thread of fear laced through it, " Non Monsieur, I am not. I am a...captive here. Noir, the black leopard..he has said I am property."

She did not dare to look at the handsome male, she'd learned early that meeting anyone's gaze brought swift discipline, especially from the black leopard who had brought her here, and hand taken her innocence against her will.

Ng'ombe's manner, though frightened, was still gentile. Showing her good breeding and demure countenance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm

"Property?" Maël had only ever heard that word in reference to the small prey beasts that were kept as servants in his own pride. In the early beginnings of the Makini, though, having a cheetah as a slave wasn't unheard of....

Staring at her for a few moments, Maël leaned in closer, wondering why it was that she wouldn't look at him. Maybe it was his eyes? It really didn't occur to him why she turned away.

Crouching down next to her, his bi-colored eyes stared intently at her. "May I ask, what is your name, madmoiselle?" Being royalty, he rarely remembered to introduce himself; in his pride, everyone knew him as their future King, and the formality slipped his mind in the present conversation.

Shifting his tail back and forth, the sound of jingling chains filled his ears. His mind drifted momentarily to the surrounding pride and all its happenings. He was uncomfortable here, to say the least, but it was just the unfamiliarity of it all that made him uncomfortable. The female sitting next to him, though, seemed to ease his mind, if only slightly.

Polette
Crew

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 pm
N'gombe bit her lip as he moved closer, trying to hide her trembling, her silver eyes lifting to meet his as he spoke to her. Their beauty struck her near breathless. The left was such a brilliant shade of blue, she'd only ever seen the summer sky such a color, and the right was a rich magenta. She wanted to reach out and touch the sable colored fur under them, just to see if they were real and not jewels set into a mask.

Realizing she was staring, N'gombe looked down at her paws, a damasked blush creeping up her white muzzle, her mother would have been mortified if she were here...but then if she were here..she'd think her daughter ruined after what...what...he'd done to her.. Noir, who she had so learned to fear, despite her feelings for him.

" Je m'appelle N'gombe Monsieur. C'est monsieur de plaisir pour rencontrer votre connaissance." The female gave a half curtsy, by bowing her shoulders and head, automatically answering him in the language her mother had taught her since she was a cub, her accent clean and filled with breeding.

It didn't occur to her to find it odd he spoke to her as her mother had, her fragile hold on her composure all her tired mind could handle at the moment, and the small comfort hearing the lyrical language did much to strengthen that hold.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Quite oblivious to the staring, Maël just smiled at her. He had always been rather oblivious to things like that - it was a wonder he had a mate at all. Though, without her, he'd be utterly lost.

"Ah, vous avez donc parler ma langue. Très impressionnant." Grinning at her, he found this newfound information quite....intriguing. He had never seen someone outside the Makini that spoke in the same tongue that he had known since he was a cub. "Oh, et je m'appelle Maël." It felt like so long since he had introduced his name; it almost had an unfamiliar taste to it. In his home, everyone simply referred to him as Dauphin or jeune dauphin. It was partially because that was his 'esteemed' rank, but it was also partially due to the fact that many feared punishment if they referred to him in too familiar a way.

"Oh, où êtes-vous? Vous parlez si bien, je suis curieux." He couldn't really help his curiosity, especially since this female was from their newly allied pride.

Polette
Crew

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:11 pm
N'gombe lowered her head at his praise, though her ears laid to the side at his question, " Ma mère m'a enseigné que, c'était la langue qu'elle a parlée à moins qu'elle ait parlé à mon père."

The delicate cheetah kept her moon born eyes on her paws, a sadness creeping into her voice, "Ils sont morts, juste ces quelques mois au delà. Je suis des terres de fard à joues. Noir m'a amené ici."

Biting her lip, she turned her head away, " I do not belong here Mousier, I am not one of the Pride..I am property as I mentioned."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Noting her change in language, his smile faded. It was quite obvious that she didn't enjoy it here; just the mention of the word 'property' made him shiver slightly. But he couldn't be one to critique the ways of other prides, especially on that was his ally.

Thinking for a few moments, Maël's sympathetic personality kicked in, ideas flooding into his mind. But, being the diplomat he was, he held his tongue. "Well, N'gombe, I think it's a good thing that I've met you here today." Nodding and smiling at her, he re-situated on his paws. "Maybe someday soon you'll find yourself as something more then just a piece of property." His mind wandering now, his voice went silent for a few moments, eyes trailing off across the water.

"I wonder what my father would think of this place." Re-directing the conversation, it was an earnest thought. Part of Maël wanted to show this land to his father, but he knew that his father would hate every inch of it. In his mind, cheetahs were the only true species, with everything else falling far from perfection. When Maël took the throne, though....well, he just knew that things would change. If only a little.

Polette
Crew

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 pm
Moon spun eyes looked up into his duel colored ones, a small, sad, smile on her muzzle, " Oui Mousier, it is a good thing. You've treated me as a feline and not a slave. Merci for your kindness." She inclined her head to his generosity and once more curled her tail around her paws.

Tilting her head at his statement, she answered in her honest, innocent way, " I do not know your pere Mousier, but it is a beautiful paradise in so much desolation. Even if the Pride members are...harsher than other felines I have known."

She turned to face away from him, her eyes growing distant as she continued to speak softly, " But there is a beauty to it, to the darkness here. It speaks of a sensuality that comes in secrets and in loyalty. Oui Mousier, there is beauty in the darkness..." Her thoughts turned to Noir, and she felt her heart break again, causing tears to well in her beautiful eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:00 pm

"My father....well, let's just hope that you never have to meet him." Laughing sheepishly, Maël himself didn't like dealing with his father; he was a harsh cheetah, who always made sure to let Maël know that he could do much better with his life.

"I think I prefer the Makini, though." Personally, Maël didn't care for darkness. There was enough of it among the nobles in the Makini that made his head hurt, and he didn't want to even think about another pride's darkness, no matter how beautiful it might be. "I've always loved the deep jungle..." Thinking back to when he was a cub, looking at all of the vibrant flowers and plants - well, they were just breath-taking. He always thought it added an extra regal touch to the land, even further establishing the bond that the Makini hold with their territory.

Glancing over to his 'guide,' Maël could see that his time was just about at its end. Bending down, he stuck one paw out in front of him on the ground, giving a little bow. "Well, mademoiselle, it has truly been a pleasure. I trust that I'll see you again sometime in the future." Grinning at her, Maël didn't even really know what he meant. He just had a feeling, but he had grown up believing in every feeling his heart gave him.

Polette
Crew

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm
N'gombe turned back to look at him, a sweet smile replacing her sorrow filed one, " I met a lion once, who told me of his lands far from here. He said his plants shine like the stars at night and that the trees grow to be as big as mountains....I had promised myself I would find his land and see with my own eyes..." she let her voice trail off, not wishing to voice her fears, to burden this handsome male who had been so very kind to her.

The delicate female curtsied to him again, the slight forward bow of her head and shoulders, " Merci, it truly has been a pleasure. Monsieur de voyage bon, et peut nous se réunissent encore. It would be an honor if we did."

[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games