Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Scrying Crystals? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nicky McCloud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:45 pm

Does anyone here scry using a crystal ball? I recently acquired a silvery-grey crystal ball made of calcite for a very, very good price.

Is calcite a good stone for scrying? Or should I just use my newly acquired crystal as an ornament rather than a tool?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 pm

While I have not actually perform, I have two scrying apparatuses in my home, one being a water-scrying bowl and the other my mother's small quartz-crystal ball. I'm also very passionate about stones, so I hope my following post will be helpful. biggrin

Quartz is typically used to create crystal balls. This may be for a multitude of reasons:

- the crystal has parts of clarity where one can actually see into the formation, along side 'patched' or 'veined' areas, allowing the mind more to work with.
- clear quartz, in properties, can be charge for any magical purpose; can be used in combination with other stones to amplify energy; can absorb, store, release, regulate, and unblock energy; can raise energy to its highest possible level; can enhance and tune psychic abilities; and can filter out distractions and aid concentration and memory.
- the tradition of a clear or white ball being used by psychics and mediums throughout history and the media makes it a natural choice for stores to stock.

This only means that it is the best ball for some people. The energy manipulation powers of this crystal might be too much for a sensitive person. Hence, you may find balls made out of other types of quartz (rose is popular), other clear stones (like amethyst or calcite), genrally other crystals (aventurine or agate), or even lead or colored glass. It depends on the properties and benefits one is looking for. In example, one would use a certain-colored ball to use the powers of that color.

Calcite, as with quartz, is an energizing stone. It's also a cleanser, pyschic ability aide, astral/"out-of-body" aide, memory support aide, spiritual development aide, emotion-intellect connector, calming device, analysis and insight aide, and a physical and emotional stabilizer.

I'm guessing you have general, clear calcite. I can give you more information on its specific properties if you verify my presumption with an image. mrgreen

Jameta
Captain

Mina Beltara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:59 pm

I have a quartz ball that right now I just use for focusing. It also helps calm me down when I hold it.

The Daily Show tonight had a crystal ball with a dial up modem to connect to the future. I about snarfed at it, luckily I wasn't drinking anything at the time.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:50 am

It's not really all that clear.

http://brightworld.com/Spheres/iSpheres/YCSP50.jpg This is sorta what it looks like, except it's more greyish and silvery in color (sorry, I don't have a digital camera). I just chose it based on which one called out to me. I've always had better luck that way...

Nicky McCloud

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Scrying sounds very interesting. I want to try, but I hear that crystal balls are very expensive (well, I could use a black bowl, I guess). Plus, I don't have the time. Too much work. But I wanna try someday. I'd want to get one that has a darker color. Maybe black? Does a black scrying tool affect your results in any way?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Actually, I found my calcite ball for very cheap. I managed to find a clearance sale at a place called Earthbound Trading Company. It was marked down from $45 to $10. =D

Nicky McCloud

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm

Nicky McCloud
It's not really all that clear.

http://brightworld.com/Spheres/iSpheres/YCSP50.jpg This is sorta what it looks like, except it's more greyish and silvery in color (sorry, I don't have a digital camera). I just chose it based on which one called out to me. I've always had better luck that way...
Don't let the name fool you. wink Just as people fit under the category of "human", or even certain nationalities, each on is unique in appearance and personality. The same is true for crystals.

Myth n Lynx
Clear Calcite is excellent for amplifying energy. It is a great stone for students as it helps sharpen learning and retention of lessons learned. It enhances decision making by letting the holder see more clearly into situations leading to happiness and good fortune.

I'll dig up some more information later; I'm feeling lazy right now. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:49 pm

Suzuroi
Scrying sounds very interesting. I want to try, but I hear that crystal balls are very expensive (well, I could use a black bowl, I guess). Plus, I don't have the time. Too much work. But I wanna try someday. I'd want to get one that has a darker color. Maybe black? Does a black scrying tool affect your results in any way?
There is actually a specific divination tool that uses the tone: the scrying mirror. They are usually black, although I've found a gorgeous crimson one. Here's a good example of a common black one. Some are concave, or highly detailed/decoarted. Naturally, with these differences, as well as size, the prices range. The concave one pictured is $36.00, to give an idea.

It is essentially used the save way as a crystal ball or scrying bowl- one look into the surface, relaxes and focuses, and waits for the mind's eye to pick up on things.

At least... I think that's how the bascis work. sweatdrop I know my resources, but I'm not to keen on my 'how to'. xp

Jameta
Captain

Nicky McCloud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Thanks, guys. ^^ I'm going to ask the priestess tonight if she'll charge my scrying crystal at ritual on Friday.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:19 pm

I got lucky wth a friend's stone at a pagan club meeting. I kinda just sank into it. I kept on being on the verge of seeing something, but a guy in back of me kept on poking me, and asking for my phone number stressed

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
I got lucky wth a friend's stone at a pagan club meeting. I kinda just sank into it. I kept on being on the verge of seeing something, but a guy in back of me kept on poking me, and asking for my phone number stressed
Beauty has it's drawbacks, eh? whee
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:48 pm

I too have a calcite orb, I got it at Earthbound i think it was called..
It was a store at me dad's mall. It was like 6 money for one the size of my fist.
Really good deal methinks...

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:53 pm

Bayne Wraithson
It was a store at me dad's mall. It was like 6 money for one the size of my fist.
Yeah it is. eek
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:18 pm

Bayne Wraithson

Yeah, that's the same chain where I got mine. ^^

Nicky McCloud

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Beauty has it's drawbacks, eh? whee
As much as I would like to be all vain, he was asking everyone in the room for their phone numbers also. xp
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff