Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
I Keep having the same dreams Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 am
I have been having the same dreams for over a year already.

It always has the same problem, the same emotions and the same people. But the place and such is different.

I didn't had it for a month, since half january, so I thought they were gone. But last night the dream came back, and I woke up about to cry.

Sometimes something is said in that dream that I clearly remember. Words, a symbol. A sentence. Small things. Something that makes me think.

Since January I started to keep a dream dairy.

The dream is always about me and my boyfriend. We have a fight, or he's in prison somehow, or I lost him. Anyway, I'm always scared to lose him. Emotions like being scared, anger, fear, sadness and other emotionless like that I always feel in those kind of dreams. I had a few times that the emotions were so strong I woke up crying, or completely freaked out.

I think it's pretty obvious what those dream means. I am scared to lose him. I know that. But even though I know what those dreams mean. They keep coming back.

I thought it was nothing, until I realized those dreams keep coming back.

This is bothering me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:42 am
What Would Freud Say?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:44 am
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?

I googled that.

I mean it's obvious to me now what those dreams mean. I'm afraid to lose him. But even though I think I know the reason they keep coming back.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 am
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?
Probably something about penises. However, that is neither here nor there rofl

Dianda, have you tried talking to your boyfriend about it? Maybe saying it out loud to the source of these worries and hearing what he has to say might help?  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:56 am
if u spend most of your time with your bf or thinking about him itd make sense you are dreaming alot about him so maybe you need some other activity time, but if you already do otherstuff idk.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 am
oOGarrettOo
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?
Probably something about penises. However, that is neither here nor there rofl

Dianda, have you tried talking to your boyfriend about it? Maybe saying it out loud to the source of these worries and hearing what he has to say might help?

Well, he knows I am afraid to lose him. But I haven't talked about those dreams with him. (Maybe I should. )

I mean, he knows I can have pretty weird dreams, but that's it. Other than that I wouldn't be surprised if he has been reading my dream dairy.

@ Eccentric Kei
We live together. And because I'm on internship now I think about more than usual. Strange thing is, when he was gone for four weeks, I didn't had those dreams.  

pompoennetje

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 am
Dianda Panda
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?

I googled that.

I mean it's obvious to me now what those dreams mean. I'm afraid to lose him. But even though I think I know the reason they keep coming back.

Actually I was thinking about it and Freud would probably say it's a reflection of a childhood fear you haven't dealt with. Like you were abandoned by your father or whatever while in the midst of an Elektra complex.

The general rule with Freud is that it's total arse and completely different to what a sane person might interpret it as. I mean, your boyfriend symbolises the part of you that longs to be free or some crap like that.

I've watched enough Frasier to know that if you keep having the dreams, you haven't cracked the code yet. It's apparently your subconscious expressing something you won't let yourself express whilst awake. So once you know what it is, you can think your way through it and express it, and so emotionally deal with it and the dream should no longer bother you.

For more information, watch Frasier, particularly the one where he has a recurring dream about sleeping with Gil Chesterton.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Dianda Panda
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?

I googled that.

Actually I was thinking about it and Freud would probably say it's a reflection of a childhood fear you haven't dealt with. Like you were abandoned by your father or whatever while in the midst of an Elektra complex.

The general rule with Freud is that it's total arse and completely different to what a sane person might interpret it as. I mean, your boyfriend symbolises the part of you that longs to be free or some crap like that.

I've watched enough Frasier to know that if you keep having the dreams, you haven't cracked the code yet. It's apparently your subconscious expressing something you won't let yourself express whilst awake. So once you know what it is, you can think your way through it and express it, and so emotionally deal with it and the dream should no longer bother you.

For more information, watch Frasier, particularly the one where he has a recurring dream about sleeping with Gil Chesterton.

I should watch Frasier. Thank you. I suppose I haven't cracked the code yet.

Child hood trauma's? Eeeehhhh... I don't know. My childhood wasn't that traumatic.  

pompoennetje

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:14 am
Dianda Panda

Child hood trauma's? Eeeehhhh... I don't know. My childhood wasn't that traumatic.

Freud loved to pepper people's childhoods with traumas. That guy was nuts. He'd be all "Vell, vunce vhen you vere a small gurl you vitnessed a fight betveen your farser and your muzzer. Your farser left for zee evenink to give zee bose of zem some space to sink oont calm down. Vhen you saw your farser leaving it upset you a great deal in a vay zat you have not been able to vocalise, nor even acknowledge to yourself since early childhood. Now you are projectink your fear of losink your family home oont your lovink parents onto your current partner. Particularly since you are now leavink zee nest and movink out on your own. You crave zat stable home environment! Zat is vhat you fear to lose!"

Edit:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:18 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Dianda Panda

Freud loved to pepper people's childhoods with traumas. That guy was nuts. He'd be all "Vell, vunce vhen you vere a small gurl you vitnessed a fight betveen your farser and your muzzer. Your farser left for zee evenink to give zee bose of zem some space to sink oont calm down. Vhen you saw your farser leaving it upset you a great deal in a vay zat you have not been able to vocalise, nor even acknowledge to yourself since early childhood. Now you are projectink your fear of losink your family home oont your lovink parents onto your current partner. Particularly since you are now leavink zee nest and movink out on your own. You crave zat stable home environment! Zat is vhat you fear to lose!"

Edit:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol I tried not to laugh.  

pompoennetje

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 am
blaugh I like his accent in my head. Also he SO SERIOUS. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:13 am
Sanguina Cruenta
blaugh I like his accent in my head. Also he SO SERIOUS. evil

He looks pretty serious. lol  

pompoennetje

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 am
It might be something in your relationship. Do you feel like he is hiding anything from you? Or is there something you have yet to tell him? I'm no gineous about this at all, but maybe having a long talk with your boyfriend about every little concern may help.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:33 am
NeonXatu
It might be something in your relationship. Do you feel like he is hiding anything from you? Or is there something you have yet to tell him? I'm no gineous about this at all, but maybe having a long talk with your boyfriend about every little concern may help.

Not that I know. I don't have secrets from him, and he doesn't gives me the feeling he's hiding something from me.  

pompoennetje

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Dianda Panda
Sanguina Cruenta
What Would Freud Say?

I googled that.

I'm just gonna step in here...
Freud didn't believe in Electra complexes (that was added by people who subscribed to his beliefs). He pretty much figured all girls wanted, for whatever reason (childhood, usually) was p***s.

So obviously the dream really means you would miss his p***s, not him.
Because he has a p***s. And that you should take cocaine for this problem, as he subscribed it to most of his patients.

That's my official diagnosis. p***s. And Cocaine.

Dianda Panda

Not that I know. I don't have secrets from him, and he doesn't gives me the feeling he's hiding something from me.

Or that. That could be it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games