Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q][READY] Pipelle the Chicken - Updated 23/02/14! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

PIPELLE PIPELLE
THE (GIANT) BLACK CHICKEN

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

User ImageName:
    Pipelle (Pie-Pell)

Nicknames:
    Pie, Piper

Almost two. (In chicken terms that puts her in her mid teens; 14-16.)

Faction/Race:
    Monster / Chicken (Specifically, Giant Black Chicken)

Natural Form:
    In her natural form Pipelle is... well, a black chicken. Right now she is more-or-less the size of a normal chicken, but when she is fully grown her chicken-form will be roughly the height of a horse (only much, much fatter).

Personality:
  • Oh it’s okay, I don’t mind. – Being from a large family Pip is quite familiar with the concept of sharing and taking turns. She is a nice girl and generally very accommodating. In her mind it makes perfect sense that sometimes she needs to put other people’s needs and wants ahead of yours, and that presumably sometimes they will do the same for her. (It has so far escaped her notice that most people are fundamentally selfish and that sometimes you need to pursue your own interests a bit more aggressively.)
  • Curiosity killed the… chicken? – Piper is type of person who questions everything. Whether it’s something as mundane as ‘why did they paint the walls this colour’ or as philosophically baffling as ‘what is the meaning of life’. She questions things because she feels like it’s the proper thing to do; she doesn’t actually care about the answer, so long as she gets one, and often forgets it immediately after. She can be satisfied with anything, even something so simple as ‘because it is’. Sometimes she’ll ask a question she already knows the answer to just because the mood stuck her.
  • Eager-Beaver – As a natural offset of her pseudo-curiosity and general good humour Pip is always happy to try new things. In fact, she actively seeks them out. She’s always happy to step outside her comfort zone, to a reasonable extent; her curiosity is carefully weighed against her easily frightened nature.
  • Chickenisms – As a chicken Pip pecks at things. A lot. For no apparent reason. In her human form it translates to a rather annoying habit of tapping tables or prodding people in the shoulder incessantly. On the occasion that she finds herself in an uncomfortable situation Pip has a dreadful habit of muttering (or occasionally, clucking) to herself in an attempt to calm down.
  • MEEP! – Pip is easy to frighten and can become flustered by the smallest thing. When startled she always acts on instinct and immediately. She’ll jump or yelp or squack in surprise or throw things at people who alarm her. It is purely a reflexive thing and she normally finds it quite embarrassing once rational thinking kicks in.
  • Back off! – When faced with something that frightens her, or something she doesn’t understand, her first instinct is to run away. When that isn't an option, however, Pip will become aggressive. She’ll get huffy and talk big, but it’s mostly just for show; she’s not really shaking in rage, it’s fear.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
    Piper was always perfectly happy to loiter around the fields and forests of Halloween with her brothers and sisters, mindlessly scratching at the dirt for insects and seeds but she was always asking questions. She wanted to know everything about everything. Eventually her family got sick of her constant nagging – it was cramping their style, they said – and told her to go to school.

Natural Abilities:
    A Steady Hand (or head, or other appendage) – Chickens have a remarkable ability to keep their heads perfectly stable and unmoving (in relative position to their environment) while their bodies are being jostled around. This translates to fictional giant black chicken monsters as the ability to keep any part of their body perfectly steady, regardless of what is happening to the rest of it. Like, for example, maintain perfect visual focus while running, or, say, carry a heavy tray of drinks and food across a busy room. It also comes in handy for writing in the back of a moving vehicle, carefully mixing explosive chemicals, or gluing together bits of model ghost-ships in a bottle.

FEAR:
    Beserker / Rage Mode – Back a chicken into a corner and you get... a really angry chicken. When Pipelle snaps she taps into the full strength of her inner monster, pelting her enemies with everything she's got. If she's in her chicken form watch out for flailing talons and snapping beaks, if she's human she'll punch and kick and even bite you. However when Pip gets like this she isn't really thinking straight, and although she can pack quite a punch, she's just as likely to hurt herself in the process. She comes out of it pretty burnt out so its definitely a last resort. (Gambler's Choice, Offensive Attack)

Emblem:
    An angry clawed chicken talon on a black background.

Physical Description:
      Eye Colour: Yellow/gold with an abnormally large pupil, like a chicken.
      Hair Colour/Style: Short red hair with thick side swept bangs. The front part of her hair curls up around her cheeks and the rest is swept back and out, rather like a chicken tail. It does this naturally with no styling necessary.
      Skin Colour: Ash-Black
      Clothing Style/Colours: [style] Feminine, young "Farm Girl" / "Country Girl" style clothing. [colours] Yellow, red, gray, black, white
      Extra: She is flat chested.
      References: one two three

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm
EXTRA INFO

User ImageDiet:
                                            Pretty much the same as every other Halloween town teen. Chickens are omnivores so she shes pretty much up for anything. Even eggs. Just... don't question it...

Clubs:
                                            TBA

Classes:
                                            TBA

Dorm Room:
                                            The inside of Pipelle's room looks a bit like the inside of a hen house / hayloft. Its not very big but it has a high barn-like ceiling and big bay windows that make it seem larger than it is. The furniture is very farm-house chic with lots of light coloured fabric and wood. There is no bed but there is a raised chicken coop by the window (she sleeps in her natural chicken form). There is hay everywhere.

Misc:
                                            People would describe her writing as "chicken scratch". (Ahahahaha, laaame I know xD .)

Plot Ideas:
                                          • Pipelle becomes fond of being in her human form and wants the ability to take it even outside of school. Maybe this could be accomplished by means of magic talisman / spell / tool / whatever or skill that she could learn at school?
                                          • Brooding chickens amuse me. I could see her, when she is in her later school years, being a bit of a 'mother hen' to the younger students. She might even sit on them at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 pm
ART

User Image
by BubblebuttXOXO

User Image
by Kaiyobi
User Image
by Andraia
User Image
by Fandrall
User Image
by MattStork
User Image
by BubblebuttXOXO
User Image
by BareFootFrair
User Image
by Topturn

User Image
by Ohoto

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 am

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 pm
I didn't really get some things here. I put em' in bold letters (the first one). The rest are suggestions and questions.
1, Piper is type of person who questions everything. However she doesn’t ask questions because she particularly cares about the answer, she does it because she feels like it’s the proper thing to do.
2, Give some details for the FEAR. Like, why did it happened? What is that? Etc.....
3, Is more than 1 natural ability are aloud (im just asking)?

So, crit me back? Click right here~!  

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Booieann

Dapper Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:31 pm
mrgreen Ello! I be crit'in~ The giant black chicken! wat
Haha, I love the chicken idea! Maybe it's because I used to have them, or I find it amusing to imagine a giant chicken wandering around Halloween~

So if she can shift between her natural and humanoid form at will, wouldn't that be her natural ability as per shifter/were-creature? Could her current ability be a quirk that she has instead? (course that is just me nit-picking)
Her FEAR sounds pretty good, can tell a bit more about it if you already know it?
What sort of classes and clubs would she be interested in?
Anymore physical chicken traits that she carries to her human image? Like long nails/talons, feathers, chicken tail or wings?

Nothing else I can think of, I like the emblem ideas. >w< I should make up some for mine.
If you don't mind, could you crit my quest Basil? I think she would get annoyed by Pip, trying to keep curious Pipelle away from her potions and poisons. =P  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm
Thank you both for your cits =D . I will be sure to pop over to your threads and crit you back shortly.
First I will address the points you have brought up.

@ROSES
(1) Ah, ambiguous sentences. I just wrote a test on drawing syntactic trees for them. (Linguistics is possibly the
most fun class I have ever taken, seriously.) Try reading it like this “However she doesn’t [ask questions because
she particularly cares about the answer].” Basically she does ask questions, just not for the norm reasons. Thank
you for bringing this poor phrasing to my attention.

(2) I haven’t decided what I want to do with the fear yet x’3 .

(3) You are right x’3 . I just needed to shuffle things up a bit. Now it has been solved.

Thank you, again!

@BOOIE
I KNOW RIGHT? I’m sorry, I love chickens x’D . Particularly Black Chickens. Yeah I just got stuck on the idea of a
Giant Black Chicken. I mean, I know enough people who are scared on chickens for that to be a legit monster, yeah?

Her natural form is a chicken and she can adopt it when in appropriate situationsbut I wouldn’t think its anymore
her natural ability than say… a sea monster student’s natural ability would be to change into a sea monster. She’s
not a werechicken, she just is a chicken x’3 . The only reason she has a human form at all is because she is at the
school and that’s what happens there. That is to say she would not normally have a human form at all, ergo, not
natural ability.

Whereas the ability to keep parts of her body unnaturally still is something that she can do because she is a
chicken. However I will happily switch it around if that is what the staff wants me to do ^_______^ .

As for chicken-aspects-to-human-form I was kind of playing with the idea of her being in a sort of state of flux
between her chicken and human form yadda yadda but I scrapped it because I didn’t want to have her popping into
chicken form all the time (because I believe that is frowned upon x’D). However she does tend to moult feathers
wherever she goes xD .

And I am crawling over all the clubs and such now =3 . Some interesting stuff to do
‘round here eh xD ? Lol. THANK YOU, AGAIN. YAY FOR CRITS! *happy dance*

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:16 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Cluck.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Updated some stuff xP .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Crits would be loved <3 .

I think I'm going to switch her over to 'ready' because I dont know what else to add~.
So, no longer "Under Construction", you can take your hardhats off xD .

User Image

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 am
User Image
Found this while browsing xD ...
(c) Quinni on Deviantart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm
User Image

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm