Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 am
when I can afford it, i'm going to ask Will what it would cost to turn a mosin into one of these

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 am
There's always the SIA Enfield 'K' conversion, if the Mosin thing falls though...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 am
Fresnel
There's always the SIA Enfield 'K' conversion, if the Mosin thing falls though...

is that the aussie rifle in 7.62x39?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

No, but same idea. This is an American-made conversion kit from Special Interest Arms. AusIntArms is still illegal for US import because they use small parts made in Vietnam or something.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:48 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

No, but same idea. This is an American-made conversion kit from Special Interest Arms. AusIntArms is still illegal for US import because they use small parts made in Vietnam or something.
man that really pisses me off. I think every time we get upset about what happens we gotta put a stupid import ban on them.

I mean what the hell? cold war's over and we still arent even trading with cuba.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

man that really pisses me off. I think every time we get upset about what happens we gotta put a stupid import ban on them.

I mean what the hell? cold war's over and we still arent even trading with cuba.
Trade is legal, it's just because it's GUN parts. Same reason Chinese ammunition and weapons (except Norinco somehow) and Russian weapons (except Saiga somehow) are illegal for import.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

Trade is legal, it's just because it's GUN parts. Same reason Chinese ammunition and weapons (except Norinco somehow) and Russian weapons (except Saiga somehow) are illegal for import.
yeah, they only allow sporting purpose rifles to be imported. anything in a so called "assualt" configuration is illegal for import.
but that goes for any gun not made in the US

which means there is absolutely zero excuse as to why the australian rifle cannot be imported.

we can have russian AK rifles sent to us in parts kits, but they gotta go through another country (usually bulgaria) first

from what i've heard, that's how we're getting chinese AK drums into the US as well  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

yeah, they only allow sporting purpose rifles to be imported. anything in a so called "assualt" configuration is illegal for import.

which means there is absolutely zero excuse as to why the australian rifle cannot be imported.

we can have russian AK rifles sent to us in parts kits, but they gotta go through another country (usually bulgaria) first

from what i've heard, that's how we're getting chinese AK drums into the US as well
This gives no reason why I cannot have my MTs-255 revolving 12-gauge shotgun. It's as sporting purpose as any shotgun with a 26" barrel.

It's probably just a Vietnam thing, like it's just a Cuba thing. We're still sore about losing.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:07 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

This gives no reason why I cannot have my MTs-255 revolving 12-gauge shotgun. It's as sporting purpose as any shotgun with a 26" barrel.

It's probably just a Vietnam thing, like it's just a Cuba thing. We're still sore about losing.
I never understood it either. weren't both embargoes put in place by the same president?

and gawdammit, clinton even lifted the embargo on vietnam. why the hell arent we getting those rifles yet?

probably because the p***k was so anti gun he couldnt just ban most guns from china alone.
except that time he used the excuse of human rights violations to push that agenda. you know it's actually clinton's doing as to why we cant get many guns and ammo from china anymore..
he figured he can use their status to stop the flow of cheap guns to the US....b*****d drove prices sky high with alot of his actions.
dont get me wrong though, pre 9/11 prices were ok, pre clinton prices were better.

when he lifted the ban on vietnam he probably made sure it was for everything BUT guns.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

I never understood it either. weren't both embargoes put in place by the same president?

and gawdammit, clinton even lifted the embargo on vietnam. why the hell arent we getting those rifles yet?

probably because the p***k was so anti gun he couldnt just ban most guns from china alone.
except that time he used the excuse of human rights violations to push that agenda. you know it's actually clinton's doing as to why we cant get many guns and ammo from china anymore..
he figured he can use their status to stop the flow of cheap guns to the US....b*****d drove prices sky high with alot of his actions.
dont get me wrong though, pre 9/11 prices were ok, pre clinton prices were better.

when he lifted the ban on vietnam he probably made sure it was for everything BUT guns.
IIRC, it was a clinton/yeltsin trade agreement that stopped 99% of the import of Russian guns.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 pm
soon saigas might be banned...the saiga 12 is under a ban. something with that it sports no sporting purpose. The ATF had released something saying this...oh a month or two ago. looks like I'll just get a used 12ga semi auto rem or moss.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm
SpeedmanRC
soon saigas might be banned...the saiga 12 is under a ban. something with that it sports no sporting purpose. The ATF had released something saying this...oh a month or two ago. looks like I'll just get a used 12ga semi auto rem or moss.
That is such massive bullshit.

User Image

Three-gun is a perfectly legitimate sporting purpose.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 am
Can we start sending massive amounts of pictures to the ATF of our middle fingers? Because the Constitution says ******** all about "sporting purposes" and I want my revolver shotgun.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:13 am
ArmasTermin
Can we start sending massive amounts of pictures to the ATF of our middle fingers? Because the Constitution says ******** all about "sporting purposes" and I want my revolver shotgun.
Time to bring back the black fax.

Print out two pieces of solid black paper, or just use construction paper, whatever. Tape them together so it forms an 8.5x22" piece. Feed it halfway into a fax machine, tape it in a circle, and send a 10,000 page fax. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 am
Oh wait, it just occurred to me... the OP is a PSL magazine, isn't it? For some retarded reason I was thinking it was a 5-round AK mag, which is why I suggested the Enfield K.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff