Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm
What's the length of a G3KA4 with it's stock folded?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 pm
WE HAVE A Q&A FORUM FOR THIS s**t YOU KNOW.

j/k, nobody checks that. xd

Wikipedia says 28" even for a G3K with stock collapsed.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:51 pm
Fresnel

Also is the hk51k a real hk product?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:02 pm
Valkyrie Hatters Attorney
Fresnel

"HK 51: The HK51 is not made by HK, instead being a creation of the American custom after-market. The HK 51 has no real standards but is usually a cut down and modified G3A3 or its semi-automatic clones the HK41 and HK91 and modified to take MP5 furniture and accessories. It is usually fitted with a collapsible stock"

basically what they're saying is that HK doesnt make them like that from the factory. but they can be made out of HK guns or it's copies.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

"HK 51: The HK51 is not made by HK, instead being a creation of the American custom after-market. The HK 51 has no real standards but is usually a cut down and modified G3A3 or its semi-automatic clones the HK41 and HK91 and modified to take MP5 furniture and accessories. It is usually fitted with a collapsible stock"

basically what they're saying is that HK doesnt make them like that from the factory. but they can be made out of HK guns or it's copies.
I figured as much. Still...cut down battle rifle makes a badass PDW.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:08 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

It's an MP5 in .308. KILL 'EM WITH THE BULLET OR KILL 'EM WITH THE MUZZLE FLASH, AIN'T NO DIFF'RENCE TO ME.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

It's an MP5 in .308. KILL 'EM WITH THE BULLET OR KILL 'EM WITH THE MUZZLE FLASH, AIN'T NO DIFF'RENCE TO ME.
In a world where compromise is all around us. Some people load their bullets in backwards but I carry a flamethrower that spews super velocity glimpses of lead that I can barely control because I think I'm Duke Nukem.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

In a world where compromise is all around us. Some people load their bullets in backwards but I carry a flamethrower that spews super velocity glimpses of lead that I can barely control because I think I'm Duke Nukem.
This can only be trumped with a PSL SBR.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:28 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Well I'd never buy a G3 ever nor would I make it a PDW. I was just bouncing the idea of a super compact battle rifle for a character I'm still developing. I think my mind's made up on that.

Still looking into a DMR for another character and since I read the review that the HK417 didn't make the cut for the Bundeswehr as a DMR, I've scrapped that. I've scrapped the M1A as well since tactical funishing used on the shorter SOCOM-16 is hard to come by in the full size 22" barrel models.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Well I'd never buy a G3 ever nor would I make it a PDW. I was just bouncing the idea of a super compact battle rifle for a character I'm still developing. I think my mind's made up on that.

Still looking into a DMR for another character and since I read the review that the HK417 didn't make the cut for the Bundeswehr as a DMR, I've scrapped that. I've scrapped the M1A as well since tactical funishing used on the shorter SOCOM-16 is hard to come by in the full size 22" barrel models.
SCAR-17LB with a 20" barrel? J. Allen Enterprises JAE-100 stock on an M1A? FAL? SR-25? There's actually a lot of rifles that fit those descriptions, any one of which I wouldn't kick out of bed. mrgreen  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:01 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Fresnel

SCAR-17LB with a 20" barrel? J. Allen Enterprises JAE-100 stock on an M1A? FAL? SR-25? There's actually a lot of rifles that fit those descriptions, any one of which I wouldn't kick out of bed. mrgreen
FAL has a range worse than an M16.

The SCAR I'm using for a different set of characters.

SR-25 is more of a sit down sniper sort of weapon.

What about that SOCOM 16 you showed in the Best Zombie Weapon thread? Given a good optics system you think this thing could have comparable effective range to the full size 22" barrelled M1A?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:05 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Fresnel

What about that SOCOM 16 you showed in the Best Zombie Weapon thread? Given a good optics system you think this thing could have comparable effective range to the full size 22" barrelled M1A?

User Image
That's the JAE-100 stock. Any M1A will fit in it, and there's also available side panels for rails on the fore-end. I hope to get one someday with a 20-22" barrel on it, but it's another $1000 on TOP of the rifle. Sexy ********, though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Fresnel

User Image
That's the JAE-100 stock. Any M1A will fit in it, and there's also available side panels for rails on the fore-end. I hope to get one someday with a 20-22" barrel on it, but it's another $1000 on TOP of the rifle. Sexy ********, though.
My bad and I agree that's a damn sleek set up.

The only problem I have with the set up is it leaves a good few inches exposed on the full sized M1As unless of course this is just sawed down and shaped to fit this Socom 16.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:20 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Fresnel

User Image
That, and the weight, have steered me to a Sage EBR stock.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Nyet comrade, scaled down Mosins are the ONLY way....

User Image  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces