Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
"Keep away from me!" - A Question on Banishing Spells Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IIBlack-Embers48II

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:13 pm
Okay, I dont even know if you'd call it a banishing spell, but I have a problem with a person and I really dont want to talk to them anymore...
Long story short, I got into a fight with someone who I though was my friend, and they really, really hurt me...
This isnt the first time either, so, I told the person that I think it's time we'd go our separate ways. And, so, we both are very mad at each other. Personally, I dont want to associate with this person every again, because I feel that they arent good for me...
So, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to try to just keep the person at bay. Just so we dont really have to talk to each other, or associate with each other anymore...
A simple spell I could do, or a herb/mix of herbs I could use would be great. Something like that.

Thanks!

* (Also, I dont really want advice here on what Im doing. Because, I just dont want to hear from the person anymore, and Im fully conscious of what Im doing and Im very anxious to do so when I find a good spell to do the job. So, if you want, you can offer your advice to me about whatever you want. Just know that It'll probably wont make a difference on what Im choosing to do...)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm
We can't write a spell for you. It has to be tuned to your own mind. You must write your own. What do you associate with the subject at hand?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

IIBlack-Embers48II

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:48 pm
Um, how do you mean? Like, what do I think I should use? Or, do you mean what feelings I have with this situation?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:13 pm
A person's spell must be written by them alone or it won't turn out right. We can't tell you how to do it or what things to use. Spells like this especially are very personal. A stranger saying "Oh yeah, do this" isn't going to help. Using something because someone says so isn't as good as using something because it's what you associate with the situation at hand. Words said, motions done, fragrances used, all that jazz, have to be things you think you should use and do, otherwise they're just words and pretty scents, but they don't have any meaning other than what some person said they did.

Me, I would just to the sensible, easier thing, and stop talking to the person in question.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 pm
oOGarrettOo

Me, I would just to the sensible, easier thing, and stop talking to the person in question.

Me too.
I'm not sure that other spells- especially really old traditional ones don't work, but I think making your own is a great idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm
Esiris

Me too.
I'm not sure that other spells- especially really old traditional ones don't work, but I think making your own is a great idea.
I think when it comes to spells, it's really only "old, traditional" if it was something one was raised with. It's my opinion that spells are way more than just going through the motions, regardless of how old it is, it's only going to work as well as the person casting is comfortable with. A spell may be old and traditional, but that's no guarantee it'll work for everyone, especially someone inexperienced wink That's why it's generally better to write a new one.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 pm
oOGarrettOo
Esiris

Me too.
I think when it comes to spells, it's really only "old, traditional" if it was something one was raised with. It's my opinion that spells are way more than just going through the motions, regardless of how old it is, it's only going to work as well as the person casting is comfortable with. A spell may be old and traditional, but that's no guarantee it'll work for everyone, especially someone inexperienced wink That's why it's generally better to write a new one.

I can see the merits to both- like using a hoodoo formula that has been used who knows how many times because it works.

I'd agree- that magic isn't "going through the motions" though, no matter if it's new or traditional.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:33 pm
Esiris

I can see the merits to both- like using a hoodoo formula that has been used who knows how many times because it works.

I'd agree- that magic isn't "going through the motions" though, no matter if it's new or traditional.
I think Hoodoo is a little different though. A lot of hoodoo I've seen usually has something very physical that is being made to either be carried on the person or passed off. Again, that's what I've seen though.

I did a lot of "going through the motions" when I was much younger, and as I grew into it I realized that doing what someone else said to do was useless and I needed to have a firmer, personal grasp on everything. It really made a difference.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm
oOGarrettOo
I think Hoodoo is a little different though. A lot of hoodoo I've seen usually has something very physical that is being made to either be carried on the person or passed off. Again, that's what I've seen though.
That's a pretty fair statement in my eyes- there's a lot of candle magic too- and some of the stuff isn't carried, but can be left on the alter.

Quote:
I did a lot of "going through the motions" when I was much younger, and as I grew into it I realized that doing what someone else said to do was useless and I needed to have a firmer, personal grasp on everything. It really made a difference.
I'm glad it worked out for you!

I think in cases of hoodoo and other stuff, there's a lot of training that someone isn't in the books- so that might make the difference, that training may be the missing link between someone who picks up a book on hoodoo and goes through the motions and someone who can work hoodoo  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:11 pm
Esiris

I think in cases of hoodoo and other stuff, there's a lot of training that someone isn't in the books- so that might make the difference, that training may be the missing link between someone who picks up a book on hoodoo and goes through the motions and someone who can work hoodoo
Haha, that's what I was getting at with traditional spell work.

I have nothing against pre-written spells, everyone has to start somewhere, but from what I've observed they've either not worked, or done something they weren't supposed to do. This is why I push writing one's own spells. Regardless of what it involves physically (altar, motions, sayings) being that familiar and that comfortable with it generally makes the end results that much better.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 pm
oOGarrettOo
Haha, that's what I was getting at with traditional spell work.
I'm a little dense tonight. sweatdrop

Quote:
I have nothing against pre-written spells, everyone has to start somewhere, but from what I've observed they've either not worked, or done something they weren't supposed to do. This is why I push writing one's own spells. Regardless of what it involves physically (altar, motions, sayings) being that familiar and that comfortable with it generally makes the end results that much better.
That makes sense. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm
Esiris
I'm a little dense tonight. sweatdrop

Talking to a blonde wink It's cool, I'm sure there were things I missed, too.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 am
MuayThaiDruid
It's not a traditional prewritten spell but if you're a high enough level you could create a spirit out of aether with the purpose of telling this person subconciously to stay away. but only if you're at that lvl cuz making a spirit can be dangerous.
And what "lvl" would that be?

I think bypassing the creation of anything is a better idea. Why focus energy on this thing that will do what you want, when you can simply focus on what you want to happen on it's own? It's a much more direct focus of energy and intent without the fuss of "Oh crap, am I doing this right?" and wasting time on essentially a prop.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 am
oOGarrettOo
MuayThaiDruid
It's not a traditional prewritten spell but if you're a high enough level you could create a spirit out of aether with the purpose of telling this person subconciously to stay away. but only if you're at that lvl cuz making a spirit can be dangerous.
And what "lvl" would that be?

I think bypassing the creation of anything is a better idea. Why focus energy on this thing that will do what you want, when you can simply focus on what you want to happen on it's own? It's a much more direct focus of energy and intent without the fuss of "Oh crap, am I doing this right?" and wasting time on essentially a prop.

Because a direct focuzs of said energy is a conbstant drain off you, if you infuse the energy with aetyher to make the spirit, its a one time drain and it'll keep itself going. sorry for caps, hit caps lock. As far as lvl I'm not sure what lvl wiccans start using spirits at is. I'll have to ask my friend, hes a high priest in wiccan  

Draconian_Nightmare

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces