Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Customized Curses Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 pm
For as long as I've been practicing, I've always done my best to be thorough when it comes to curses and hexes, as well as "creative" to say the least. I think it's important to really customize a curse so that it fits the person and hits them where it will probably affect them the most.

This weeks customized curse is something probably not many people would think about. Erectile dysfunction. (yes, it so happens it was a man that crossed me, no, I'm not a man hater, I'm a this man disliker).

When you look at it it seems absolutely cruel. Well yes, it is, but that's the point. This person enjoys intercourse and would probably replace it with oxygen if possible, so when he finally went too far I immediately figured this would probably hit the hardest, the fastest, and cause the greatest upset.

So, anyway, has anyone else created a customized spell that's out of the ordinary, but also completely fitting and perfect? How did it turn out?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm
Well most of the time i don't use my magic for such purposes. most of the time i induce nightmares. but on special occasions i make people forget memories. effecting them on one plane effects the other. but i only do this if they have truly wronged me.  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 pm
Oh, that's horrible. I would never rob someone of their memories.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 pm
Lux Excelsior
Well most of the time i don't use my magic for such purposes. most of the time i induce nightmares. but on special occasions i make people forget memories. effecting them on one plane effects the other. but i only do this if they have truly wronged me.
I don't know that I'd ever take someone's memories from them. Nightmares are too mild for me, if I'm going to do it, I generally like to do something more "in your face" to really cause some hardship, something that will affect them a little stronger.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm
Most of my curses and stuff are already personal- but they're more a "punishment fit the crime" thing. Something like ED would be used on someone for sexually harassing me or stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:19 pm
oOGarrettOo
Lux Excelsior
I don't know that I'd ever take someone's memories from them. Nightmares are too mild for me, if I'm going to do it, I generally like to do something more "in your face" to really cause some hardship, something that will affect them a little stronger.
a punishment that only fits the most severe occasions. in fact i've only used it once. normally i try to spread positive things.  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:30 am
Esiris
Most of my curses and stuff are already personal- but they're more a "punishment fit the crime" thing. Something like ED would be used on someone for sexually harassing me or stuff.
That's not a bad idea. I've considered doing things similar, but my problem is the people I'd be cursing would also be too dense to put two and two together, so any lesson behind the pain would be completely overlooked. I guess you could say I curse to fit the person instead of the crime.

Have you had much success?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 am
Garrett: I like how we are hexing the same person and how we have both chosen erectile dysfunction. I added a couple more things into my hex though. It should be interesting to see what happens to him with two people hexing him.  

HorsesOfTheNight

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 am
oOGarrettOo
That's not a bad idea. I've considered doing things similar, but my problem is the people I'd be cursing would also be too dense to put two and two together, so any lesson behind the pain would be completely overlooked.
I don't try and teach them lessons. sweatdrop I just like the poetic justice.

Quote:
I guess you could say I curse to fit the person instead of the crime.

That makes sense too.

Quote:
Have you had much success?

I haven't done much cursing- but what I have done has accomplished what I set out to do.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 am
Esiris
oOGarrettOo
That's not a bad idea. I've considered doing things similar, but my problem is the people I'd be cursing would also be too dense to put two and two together, so any lesson behind the pain would be completely overlooked.
I don't try and teach them lessons. sweatdrop I just like the poetic justice.
I knew there was a reason I liked you twisted

xd  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 am
oOGarrettOo
I knew there was a reason I liked you twisted

xd
whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm
I wouldn't mess with curses. One way or another, it comes back to haunt you. If someone does me wrong, I do get upset, but I allow karma to take it's toll. I honestly find it waste to get so upset at someone that you need to curse them.  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:50 pm
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
I wouldn't mess with curses. One way or another, it comes back to haunt you. If someone does me wrong, I do get upset, but I allow karma to take it's toll. I honestly find it waste to get so upset at someone that you need to curse them.

If we're talking about actual, eastern Karma, you would know that it neither rewards nor punishes - that it simply is, and accrues according to a person's actions regarding their Dharma. Karma as a concept doesn't function without dharma. You can't separate them.

If we're talking about the bastardized Western version of karma, I don't disagree with part of your statement. People do tend to get what consequences they have earned through their actions. But there is nothing that says that a retributive response from the wronged party cannot be part of all of that consequence, in my mind. Sometimes honour requires action.

Western 'karma' and other such things still tend to be largely based on the Christian idea of the Golden Rule, and 'turn the other cheek', and not all of us have a morality based on such a thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
One way or another, it comes back to haunt you.

I guess your experiences are different from mine- I've never had that problem, but then, when I have cursed someone, they deserved it.

Quote:
If someone does me wrong, I do get upset, but I allow karma to take it's toll.
I've read around here that's not really how Karma works. I think Morg and Sang have both explained it before.

Quote:
I honestly find it waste to get so upset at someone that you need to curse them.
wink Good thing you don't do it then- I bet that's when it would come back on you. I think it was Practical Magic that had the line "I mean you can't practice witchcraft while you look down your nose at it."  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
I don't follow karma, personally. I prefer to take things into my own hands. I spent a good portion of my life trying to believe that karma would come back and bite my abuser in the a**, but it didn't. Nothing changed or got better until I took action and fought back. So, no, I'm not one to wait for karma and I think the western version is a crock.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games