Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm
If you look at the history of H&K firearms you can see they are in no way different except for their handguns which are usually in a ball park on their own.

H&K hasn't had much of a creative breakthrough in firearms since the G36. Everything else has been a knock off or a tweak to older designs from other companies. For instance the most recent machineguns made by H&K have been knock offs of the FN Minimi and the Minimi 7.62mm.

The MP7 was a tweak of Steyr's TMP and Brugger and Thomet's MP hardly anything original about it.

HK416 and 417 is a revamped version of the Taiwanese T91 and AR-15/Widowmaker hybrid assault rifles made in the same country.

The MP5 was in means original. It ranks as their 3rd greatest testament and has a very long history with both military and police but it has it's issues but not not much as to be expected with their old roller delayed blowback firearms.

G3 was pretty much original. It was their first sucessful rifle and in my opinion their 2nd greatest testament in small arms. However they've butchered and tweaked it to the point where at least 20 different firearms are based off it. Going from the original G3 to the HK23 and PSG1. The rifle is still used in the Bundeswehr which says a lot in how effective the rifle or machine gun is. The newer versions of the G3 now are equipped with forward assists which adds on to it's effectiveness.

The VP70 was their best and most original invention since it went against all the conventional norms at the time with success and lead the way for Glock to start making their highly successful polymer framed weapons.

I personally am not a fan but I wouldn't mind having a HK21 with a forward assist and magazine interchangability nor would I mind owning an original VP70 with the burst fire stock.

Just saying if I was going to buy anything from H&K it'd be the old school stuff since it marked the higher point in H&Ks history and are generally not bad weapons.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 pm
just because hk made the first polymer frame pistol doesnt make it their best pistol.

HK P30 knocks vp70 out the ballpark on just about every front. superior in weight, trigger pull,sights, ergonomics, and grip

idk what the big deal about the vp70 is. ergonomics suck, sights suck.
it's trigger is nightmarishly dreadful, like worse than an S&W stigma.

call me mr negative but when you look at everything going for it in comparison to everything else they offer it's easy to see why it's possibly the biggest black spot on HK's name ever produced. (besides their customer support)

consider it a travesty by a well respected company on par with FNH's 5.7
they all seem to have that one design that just makes like zero sense other than it looks or does something that seems cool or whatever but severely puts you at a huge disadvantage in any real firefight.

i'm an a*****e, I know.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 pm
I've never held or shot a real H&K, but I held a Century C93, don't like the feel of it. I like the AR or AK.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
H&K hasn't had much of a creative breakthrough in firearms since the G36. Everything else has been a knock off or a tweak to older designs from other companies.
The G36 was a tweak of the AR-18.

Quote:
G3 was pretty much original.
Nope, it's a CETME.

Also, got to hold a Mk. 23 the other day. ******** MONSTER of a gun. Even the Desert Eagle is balanced better. At least IT has a metal grip as counterbalance.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:55 pm
G36 is an AR18, Fresnel? Please. It's reciever isn't even AK like it's more of an AR type deal especially with the charge handle. If anything it's another hybrid of AR18 and AR15 but not entirely because it doesn't have a buffer tube.

Oops forgot about the CETME. Still G3s have more variants and with some spare parts left over you can tweak it into a HK51 or HK21 or something equally wierd and ******** every handgun H&K's ever made. The VP70 may be incredibly innovative which is the only reason I'm calling it their best since nobody would've began to think of using polymer for a frame material in a handgun if it didn't hit the market. It sucks as a combat weapon like every other handgun in H&Ks inventory.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 am
Recon_Ninja_985
just because hk made the first polymer frame pistol doesnt make it their best pistol.

HK P30 knocks vp70 out the ballpark on just about every front. superior in weight, trigger pull,sights, ergonomics, and grip

call me mr negative but when you look at everything going for it in comparison to everything else they offer it's easy to see why it's possibly the biggest black spot on HK's name ever produced. (besides their customer support)

they all seem to have that one design that just makes like zero sense other than it looks or does something that seems cool or whatever but severely puts you at a huge disadvantage in any real firefight.

i'm an a*****e, I know.
(Subtle joke intended)User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh gee another innovative revamp of the USP. How inventive of them!  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:24 am
Valkyrie Hatter
G36 is an AR18, Fresnel? Please. It's reciever isn't even AK like it's more of an AR type deal especially with the charge handle. If anything it's another hybrid of AR18 and AR15 but not entirely because it doesn't have a buffer tube.

Oops forgot about the CETME. Still G3s have more variants and with some spare parts left over you can tweak it into a HK51 or HK21 or something equally wierd and ******** every handgun H&K's ever made. The VP70 may be incredibly innovative which is the only reason I'm calling it their best since nobody would've began to think of using polymer for a frame material in a handgun if it didn't hit the market. It sucks as a combat weapon like every other handgun in H&Ks inventory.
meh, combat pistols from HK ok, not anything really outstanding.

their police issue/carry pistols such as the P9S, P7, hk45, and P30 all rock

vp70 was a good concept I guess. the crazy design, the trigger and the fact that most people didn't wanna invest in a handgun that did not have a very great reputation to begin with led to it's failure

too many things were wrong with it. glock was practically perfect, so it won

only plus I can see about most HK pistols at they are excellent platforms to suppress. (fixed barrels)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:27 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

i'm an a*****e, I know.
(Subtle joke intended)User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

nah. p30 is more of a scaled down hk45 in 9mm  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 am
Valkyrie Hatter

The G36 is built around the AR-18's piston design. The -18 wasn't built to be an AK, it was built to compete against the AK. The similarities are only skin-deep. Except the stamped-receiver bit, that's totally similar.

And I'd also like to mention that the MP5 is so popular largely because it's the only conventional NATO 9x19 subgun designed since 1960. Beretta brought out some ugly POS around 1958, there was the Calico, which was too innovative for its own good (and some models even put the rear sight on the magazine), Colt made an AR subgun that was huge by subgun standards, and Bofors and Saab had that horrible abortion of a... thing that was manufactured with a bipod and an M3-style wire stock.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

HK P30 knocks vp70 out the ballpark on just about every front. superior in weight, trigger pull,sights., ergonomics, and grip

i'm an a*****e, I know.

which are all revamp of the USP.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

HK P30 knocks vp70 out the ballpark on just about every front. superior in weight, trigger pull,sights., ergonomics, and grip

i'm an a*****e, I know.

who said that?

just because it uses similar technology does not make anything a revamp.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

i'm an a*****e, I know.

who said that?

It's not necessarily for the better either I mean it's not like the tweaking Tanfoglio did with the CZ75 turning a 9mm into a multicaliber platform which was actually a tweak for the better.

H&K just keeps recycling its designs offering hardly anything new except a model number.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

i'm an a*****e, I know.

who said that?

It's not necessarily for the better either I mean it's not like the tweaking Tanfoglio did with the CZ75 turning a 9mm into a multicaliber platform which was actually a tweak for the better.

H&K just keeps recycling its designs offering hardly anything new except a model number.
And speaking of Tanfoglio and CZ, you mentioned that H&K uses a non-tilt barrel perfect for suppression, but guess what other famous design does that...? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:25 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
who said that?

And speaking of Tanfoglio and CZ, you mentioned that H&K uses a non-tilt barrel perfect for suppression, but guess what other famous design does that...? xd
CZ, and beretta, 1911, lots of guns. really. but it seems an overwhelming majority of modern pistols produced today are going to floating tilt barrels

fixed barrels are good for suppression because they offer max reliability in cycling and dont require a special recoil booster.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
who said that?

CZ, and beretta, 1911, lots of guns. really. but it seems an overwhelming majority of modern pistols produced today are going to floating tilt barrels

fixed barrels are good for suppression because they offer max reliability in cycling and dont require a special recoil booster.
The difference is that the vast majority of guns today aren't suppressed, and when unsuppressed, tilt-barrels are more reliable.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff