Reply Adult Furries Guild
Why u a wulf yo? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:16 am
as previously inquired in other threads there are a few of us furs kind of dumdstruck when it comes to the popularity of wolf fursonas.

So im gunna make this here thread a survey asking a few questions about why you wolves chose to be wolves rather than any other creature.

1 So why do you wolves/lycans feel that you are best represented as a wolf?

2 Is it a matter of matching an animal to your personality and coming up with a wolf? Or is it something more inseperable from yourself or sacred?

3 If the latter, why is the wolf a representation of this importance or sacredness?

4 How did you come about choosing/reaizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature?

5 do you feel certain that you will always be a wolf?

6 how long have you identified as a wolf?

I guess these are all questions we all want to ask so it would be fulfilling for all of us to answer if we wanted even if we arent wolfses. But i really implore thw wolves themselves to help us all out with this and answer as truthfully as possible.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:52 am
It's because people WISH they were as cool as wolves are.

/thread.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 pm
dramallama  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 pm
1 So why do you wolves/lycans feel that you are best represented as a wolf? They to me are a symbol of freedom, escape but also of family and love.

2 Is it a matter of matching an animal to your personality and coming up with a wolf? Or is it something more inseperable from yourself or sacred? I'ves always been drawn to wolves, most of my family is as well. After medition I found the wolf to be my spirit guide.

3 If the latter, why is the wolf a representation of this importance or sacredness? Well kinda answered that in the last one lol.

4 How did you come about choosing/reaizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature? I did try to chose another animal but I just didn't feel completed without being a wolf.

5 do you feel certain that you will always be a wolf? Always and forever, its who I am.

6 how long have you identified as a wolf? As long as I can remember I've loved wolves. People called me Wolfy, I do love to howl lol.  

Falheart

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:22 pm
Falheart
1 So why do you wolves/lycans feel that you are best represented as a wolf? They to me are a symbol of freedom, escape but also of family and love.

2 Is it a matter of matching an animal to your personality and coming up with a wolf? Or is it something more inseperable from yourself or sacred? I'ves always been drawn to wolves, most of my family is as well. After medition I found the wolf to be my spirit guide.

3 If the latter, why is the wolf a representation of this importance or sacredness? Well kinda answered that in the last one lol.

4 How did you come about choosing/reaizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature? I did try to chose another animal but I just didn't feel completed without being a wolf.

5 do you feel certain that you will always be a wolf? Always and forever, its who I am.

6 how long have you identified as a wolf? As long as I can remember I've loved wolves. People called me Wolfy, I do love to howl lol.

to elaborate on quesiton 3: so it just feels right? or in your meditation did you work out certain reasons as to why the wolfyness?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:28 pm
Jungle Boots
Falheart

to elaborate on quesiton 3: so it just feels right? or in your meditation did you work out certain reasons as to why the wolfyness?

It just felt right pretty much, I'm drawn to wolfs like a kindred spirit. I believe that when were born were given the soul of a animal. Thats just what I believe.  

Falheart

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:18 pm

I got into the furry fandom through werewolf stories and stuff. Totally innocent, just a horror interest thing. So I think it had an influence on my choice. I'm not going to lie, pop culture contributed.

I also believe mediation contributes a lot for everyone as a whole. It's not that they like and appreciate wolves, they like and appreciate "wolves". Not fake wolves, of course. These wolves perform, they are noble, and they have passion. They're not wolves, just there and have no traits and were never there for you, but rather they're the mediated variety that becomes the icon of the species. National Geographic does a pretty good job of this with all kinds of animals too. It gives nature a story, it makes all things actors. That's partly why I think they're chosen a lot. They're "just like us".

2 Is it a matter of matching an animal to your personality and coming up with a wolf? Or is it something more inseparable from yourself or sacred?

Nothing religious for me, but after being a wolf for so long no other non-canid species other than hyena feels right for me. Technically I'd be a folfyote if I went along with my little heritage thing I did, but once again it's all canines. Can't say I "identify" with others as well as with canids, and it's not for any profound reason other than "I just feel that way".

Same goes for a lot of artwork, sometimes it just feels right and you just don't know why. You can analyze the balance, color theory application, etc, but sometimes there's just something about it. Probably just weird brain wiring. razz

3 If the latter, why is the wolf a representation of this importance or sacredness?

As a representation, I like the pop culture associations. Even stereotypes, since they're fun. Not that there's much of a stereotype that could be applied, since wolves are like one of the "defaults". razz

4 How did you come about choosing/realizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature?

Kinda answered before, Werewolves > Furries > Heavy Wolf Influenced Fursona.

Nope! Someday I may switch to folfyote. Dunno when.

Dunno anymore. I can't really answer past 6 years.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:37 am
i figgered it'd be something like media saturation...

any social animal fulfills all of the "human like" characteristics that wolves have too tho... ******** nat geo... they fill yall heads with howlz and gumdrops. stare  

Jungle Boots

Jean Quinn

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm
Being, in essence, half wolf, I figured I'd offer my input.

I do not feel like I am best represented as a wolf, as I've gone through many fursona's before finding "my true form". I did however start out as a wolf, simply because, I associate their cleverness to my own as well as, in my group of friends, I was the "pack leader".

2 Is it a matter of matching an animal to your personality and coming up with a wolf? Or is it something more inseperable from yourself or sacred?

Somewhat answered in 1. It's not so much matching an animal to my personality as it is being an animal lover. My passion for wolves holds them in high standards in terms of what I find sacred. My sacred, dieties, if you will, are Snakes, Wolves, and Lions.

Wolves in particular are one of my dieties because of what they represent. They are, and this is in my own point of view, the symbol of gracefulness and wisdom.

4 How did you come about choosing/realizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature?

As I mentioned earlier, I never settled on wolf, and went through many different fursona's. Before settling on Lupeo (A name and race of my own design), I have always felt a kinship to wolves just as a general feeling.

I feel certain that regardless of what my fursona may be, I will always feel a closeness to Wolves.

For as long as I can remember. My parents like to tell me I was raised by wolves.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:00 pm
[♫=♥]

INB4: Alpha

FYI: Alpha is outdated

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:23 pm
Jungle Boots
i figgered it'd be something like media saturation...

any social animal fulfills all of the "human like" characteristics that wolves have too tho... ******** nat geo... they fill yall heads with howlz and gumdrops. stare

Other animals get the same treatment. razz
That's why many felines get picked over other species. Frankly, I'm surprised sharks aren't more popular. There was even a kids cartoon featuring sharks when I grew up.

Though wolves do rule. cool

Jiti
[♫=♥]
FYI: Alpha is outdated

Oh no you didn'!
Wuffie here's an alpha, and that's like royal blood 'n stuff.
That's why I'm a nobleman! Aristocracy! The king!
Be keepin' in unreal up in here. dramallama *Makes his head do what the llamma is doing.*  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:12 pm
Garek Maxwell
Oh no you didn'!
Wuffie here's an alpha, and that's like royal blood 'n stuff.
That's why I'm a nobleman! Aristocracy! The king!
Be keepin' in unreal up in here. dramallama *Makes his head do what the llamma is doing.*
[♫=♥]

I keep things real yo. pirate

Jiti

Tiny Animal

supereferco

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Mostly personality reasons. I can be slightly possessive about friends/loved ones. I tend to get a small group of close-knit friends and rarely develop close interests with anyone else. I am friendly, just not keen on making good friends. I've very close to the family and good friends that I have.

Well, I was told by an important person in my history that one of my spirit guides was a wolf, which further cemented the idea that that's what I was. I really just thought about it for a while, and came up with a wolf. They're nifty.

It holds a lot of personal meaning to me.

4 How did you come about choosing/reaizing you were a wolf rather than any other creature?

In the end, it was just something I knew. No real second guesses. I also chose before I was in the furry loop, so I didn't know they were popular. No real media influence from there.

Oh, yes. No matter how mottled I end up getting, my core will always be of the wolfiness.

About as long as I've been in the fur fandom... so... 3-4 years? Not super sure.

On a side note, I also added into the mix an otter. I think it ties into my playfulness. Also that I'm typically friendly to anyone. I love the water.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 pm
I think foxes are more common than wolves.  

supereferco

Sgt-Wolfy

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm
I chose the wolf is bacause it matches my personality and its part of my heritage the Wolf clan indian cherokee. Its in my blood and its family and im proud of it. Reply if you want to learn more about my heritage.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff