Welcome to Gaia! ::

☆Vocaloid☆

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of Vocaloid, UTAU, or fan-made vocalists. 

Tags: vocaloid, utau, music, japanese, awesome 

Reply ☆ Vocaloid ☆
Miku's in a commercial Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herp?
  Derp
View Results

x Tiryn

Anxious Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 pm
And it isn't about vegetable juice.

Toyota Corolla + Miku

I thought it was cool at first (except the scream...). But I don't think a high pitched animated pop idol from Japan is going to sway the American audiences to buy this car XD I'm a bit "eh" about it now.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 pm
M-My ears... emo

What with 3D animals being the norm in the US for the elder audience (say, Geico has that talking green lizard, or some Bee for allergy medicine commercials), I think this is a bit off. -coughs- ...Right... They could've went with for Kagamine twins since the US is more used to 3D characters with natural hair color. o.O;  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

MadHatterOfGames

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm
eek eek eek i just died from its awesomness  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:56 pm
╔════════════════════════╗

Well... let's see.
I thought it was pretty cool, but man was I surprised to see it was an American commercial. It was nice to see, admittedly, however... Miku may be big, but is she big enough to star in a car commercial for the states? How many people living here would even recognize her anyway, beside the major Otaku's who live in the US? Haha. It seems a little silly. Regardless, I was impressed, but I'm not interested in buying a car. Wrong audience, Toyota! xD

I don't see the big deal with her scream as people were complaining about. At most, it seemed slightly tampered with, but so much it caused that big of a reaction? Please. Her voice still sounded the same, not dubbed or anything like that. Well, to me at least. ♥

╚════════════════════════╝

MoonNue

Toothsome Prophet

x Tiryn

Anxious Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Katerinu-chan

I don't see the big deal with her scream as people were complaining about. At most, it seemed slightly tampered with, but so much it caused that big of a reaction? Please. Her voice still sounded the same, not dubbed or anything like that. Well, to me at least. ♥
I never liked Miku's scream to begin with so that's my reason xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:13 pm
Katerinu-chan

That scream of hers is ear piercing, like someone's trying to scratch the chalkboard type of piercing. I prefer her scream in "Love is War" because she doesn't change her pitch too much there (even though that one lacks strength/power for the song). xD  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

MoonNue

Toothsome Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:19 pm
x Tiryn

Yen Quest

Well, those reasons make sense. But I was talking about the people who were complaining her scream sounded different from usual. xD ♥

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 pm
Katerinu-chan

Well, those reasons make sense. But I was talking about the people who were complaining her scream sounded different from usual. xD ♥

You mean the ones on Youtube? When I saw the video, I didn't see any comments on the first page mentioning about her pitch (at the time). Most of it that I can remember is ironic song choice (represent Miku's popularity) for the commercial. xD  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

MoonNue

Toothsome Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:04 pm
Yen Quest
You mean the ones on Youtube? When I saw the video, I didn't see any comments on the first page mentioning about her pitch (at the time). Most of it that I can remember is ironic song choice (represent Miku's popularity) for the commercial. xD

Yeah. There were comments implying her voice sounded dubbed and I was like, "...wat." xD Haha, yeah, the song choice is quite fitting. xD ♥

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:13 am
Love it! heart heart heart  

BloodyTears7326

Supernatural Cupcake

Marissa on My Mind

Married Sex Symbol

9,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:41 pm
Personally, I think it's adorable. The dialogue is a little silly, but it's an alright commercial.
It just shocked me to see Miku in an American commercial. I guess she's become a big thing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:53 pm
I....I WANT TO BUY THIS CAR. xD  

garlic junior

IsThatAClown
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm
User ImageWith all due respect, I have one word for you:

I've seen the commercial, but does anybody know if it's actually being aired on TV? o:

DIEUser Image

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:38 pm
omfg...epic.....
i cannot wait to show this to my best freind. he's the biggest miku fan i have ever met....he'll have a heart attack xD
I HOPE ITS AIRING ON AMERICAN TV!!!!!  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Ranseur Sigmund Raoul

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:46 pm
now if I had enough money, I might just change my name to Mikutard  
☆ Vocaloid ☆

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]