Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Academy
PROBLEM!!!!!MAD!!!!! D:< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:01 pm
In Lesson Six-Colors! Starry doesn't post the sentence where you place your favorite colors.
In Lesson One-Introducing yourself,she does!
Example:
Watashi no namae wa _____ desu!!
Or
Watashi wa _____ desu!!
How does she expect me to learn the Lesso Six-Colors sentence if SHE didn't post it!!!
I AM SO PISSED!!!!
I REALLY WANT TO LEARN JAPANESE BUT SHE!!! DOESN'T POST THE SENTENCES LIKE IN LESSON ONE-INTRODUCING YOURSELF!!!!
If i find another Lesson like that imma find a study partner to never see her mistakes!!!
DONE!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm
Sorry to hear that. Starry is still learning she just give her time. There are others who already knows how to the lesson. Watashi wa Emiko desu this example of saying your name. desu is use for represent your name. I am sorry if you are so lost and confused. i took notes on it. to help me out and how she correct me.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 pm
Well,i bought a notebook and am writting the Lessons!! How am i gonna say wich are my fav colors in Japanese!? Every lesson that is like the first one should have sentence examples.... -_-" Am so pissed....  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 pm
chill bro. She don best she can for free. I mean it beats paying for lessons and shiz, eh?  

Sublimegamer

Generous Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm
Sublimegamer
chill bro. She don best she can for free. I mean it beats paying for lessons and shiz, eh?

...... neutral  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm
xPrince of Rosesx
Sublimegamer

...... neutral

Try using http://japanese-lesson.com/characters/hiragana/hiragana_drill/index.html for the hiragana. tis what i am doing.  

Sublimegamer

Generous Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm
Sublimegamer
xPrince of Rosesx
Sublimegamer

...... neutral

Try using http://japanese-lesson.com/characters/hiragana/hiragana_drill/index.html for the hiragana. tis what i am doing.

I am not here to learn to write hiragana!!!!!! DX  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 pm
xPrince of Rosesx
Sublimegamer
xPrince of Rosesx
Sublimegamer

...... neutral

I am not here to learn to write hiragana!!!!!! DX

If you use the main page it teaches you pretty much everything. So what you already know just skip and go to next part broseph.  

Sublimegamer

Generous Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Ai Amaterasu

Beloved Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 pm
dude... relax. I don't see why you're so angry over a sentence. you could always be independent and look it up yourself like I would. I'm teachong myself fruits and misc. objects by making flashcards and such.

Watashi no sukina ​​-shoku no midori would be my favorite color's green. So, I'm guessing here based on sentence structure, if your favorite color was, say, Blue, you would just say: Watashi no sukina -shoku no ao.

Maybe you should pm Starry and ask her to put it in the lesson?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 pm
Ai Amaterasu
dude... relax. I don't see why you're so angry over a sentence. you could always be independent and look it up yourself like I would. I'm teachong myself fruits and misc. objects by making flashcards and such.

Watashi no sukina ​​-shoku no midori would be my favorite color's green. So, I'm guessing here based on sentence structure, if your favorite color was, say, Blue, you would just say: Watashi no sukina -shoku no ao.

Ya,it only a sentence.BUT! that sentence is the one who would teach me how to say it! And it not the only lesson that has the same problem!
And thanks,but what if i have more than one? i should say: Watashi no sukina -shoku no ao to gurei to aka to shiro to kuro?
That dude:......

And i think the first girl that posted is more reasonable!  

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm
Ai Amaterasu

I have no idea where you found that grammar... I've never seen it before. Source? I'm not saying its wrong, I'm just curious.

A simpler way to say it would be to say "Watashi no ichiban suki na iro wa ______ desu."

ichiban - most

So it's literally "My most liked colour is ________.."  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:44 pm
xPrince of Rosesx
In Lesson Six-Colors! Starry doesn't post the sentence where you place your favorite colors.
In Lesson One-Introducing yourself,she does!
Example:
Watashi no namae wa _____ desu!!
Or
Watashi wa _____ desu!!
How does she expect me to learn the Lesso Six-Colors sentence if SHE didn't post it!!!
I AM SO PISSED!!!!
I REALLY WANT TO LEARN JAPANESE BUT SHE!!! DOESN'T POST THE SENTENCES LIKE IN LESSON ONE-INTRODUCING YOURSELF!!!!
If i find another Lesson like that imma find a study partner to never see her mistakes!!!
DONE!!!!

Dude. You need to seriously calm down. I am not a paid Japanese instructor, nor am I a certified teacher. I'm a university student with limited time on my hands and other priorities, offering free instruction out of my love for language. I never claimed that this place would make you fluent. It's only one resource out of many that are available.

Incidentally, if you actually read through all of the lessons, you'll find that I have given you more than enough resources to list your favorite colour. In fact, I go over this exact sentence in lesson sixteen.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20868389

Just to clarify, not including fill-in-the-blanks style sentences in every lesson is not a "mistake", as you seem to think. If that's how you learn everything you say in Japanese, I can promise you that you will never grasp Japanese grammar. I posted pre-made sentences in the earlier lessons so that absolute beginners, with no experience whatsoever, could get a taste of what Japanese sentences look like. Topics on how to figure out Japanese grammar for yourself are included in some of the later lessons. This guild is set up so that the earlier lessons will build up your vocabulary so that you will have a bank of words to draw from when you start to learn sentence structure in the later lessons.

As I've mentioned before, I am a linguistics and neurobiology student, and I take that into account when I plan lessons; I understand that point-blank memorization is not useful to students who hope to learn to generate their own sentences (i.e. those who plan to achieve fluency). I don't tend to go into specifics about the extent of the challenges of learning Japanese as a native English speaker, but I think I need to reiterate this; when your brain reached its critical language stage in infancy, most of you were speaking English, which is a Germanic language. Germanic languages often require large amounts of memorization, as they are filled with pre-set sentences and exceptions to grammatical rules. Japanese is from the Agglutinative language family, which follows almost unbreakable rules of morpheme combination. In other words, when I teach you Japanese, I am not helping you out by teaching you to rely on pre-made sentences I provide. It's much, much better for me to teach you the rules and allow you to experiment with generating sentences for yourself. That's why I have students post comments after each lesson; trying out grammatical rules for themselves and seeing the corrections will help them learn.

It's not my responsibility to tailor my lessons for individual needs. They are, like everything else on here, merely a resource. You have plenty of opportunity to contact either myself or my prefect, Kai Shi, if there is something that you don't understand, and you are expected to do so in a polite manner. Those students who have read through all of the lessons (such as Phoenix of Darkness) and attempted to figure out the grammar for themselves by trying out sentences and asking for help are the students that have made the most noticeable progress.  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:15 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Ai Amaterasu

I have no idea where you found that grammar... I've never seen it before. Source? I'm not saying its wrong, I'm just curious.

A simpler way to say it would be to say "Watashi no ichiban suki na iro wa ______ desu."

ichiban - most

I got that by myself since i saw it on haha to chichi and stuff.
Second Quote:My first language is spanish.And i'm asking for those sentences because they have words that in the first lessons i didn't see,wich i don't know what does those words mean.
Like favorite or something.....Not good explaining.....anyway,gonna keep writting the lessons down,BUT!! gonna find a study partner that knows some japanese.....wich is not a good idea,because i am writting lessons down and since they so many,at the end i wont have any page left!
And for me to memorize the words and stuff i need to write it all down so when i forget something,i will have it on my notebook and i'll memorize it again.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:32 pm
xPrince of Rosesx
Starry Starry Fright
Ai Amaterasu

ichiban - most

Second Quote:My first language is spanish.And i'm asking for those sentences because they have words that in the first lessons i didn't see,wich i don't know what does those words mean.
Like favorite or something.....Not good explaining.....anyway,gonna keep writting the lessons down,BUT!! gonna find a study partner that knows some japanese.....wich is not a good idea,because i am writting lessons down and since they so many,at the end i wont have any page left!
And for me to memorize the words and stuff i need to write it all down so when i forget something,i will have it on my notebook and i'll memorize it again.

Spanish is also an Indo-European language, so you're in the same boat as the English speakers when it comes to brain wiring.

Try asking around in the Foreign Language forum here on Gaia. You might be able to find someone to be a one-on-one study partner. Also, be sure to use the links your classmates have provided, because there are some really good resources that I've seen. Your local library probably also has books on Japanese. If all else fails, try contacting my lovely prefect, Kai Shi. She's very good at this.  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:42 pm
Starry Starry Fright
xPrince of Rosesx
Starry Starry Fright
Ai Amaterasu

ichiban - most

Spanish is also an Indo-European language, so you're in the same boat as the English speakers when it comes to brain wiring.

Try asking around in the Foreign Language forum here on Gaia. You might be able to find someone to be a one-on-one study partner. Also, be sure to use the links your classmates have provided, because there are some really good resources that I've seen. Your local library probably also has books on Japanese. If all else fails, try contacting my lovely prefect, Kai Shi. She's very good at this.

Well,it is.But i don't have trouble with the accent since AEIOU in Japanese sounds like AEIOU in Spanish.Not like English.
And i might!  
Japanese Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces