Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:17 am
I'm bored and a bit lonely, time to be a d**k

So in case you all haven't heard, this Sunday is suppose to be the rapture. What is the rapture, you ask? Well, there are many different versions of it, but what the real nutcases believe is that Jesus is going to come down and take them to heaven while leaving us sinners down here to live out five month in hell. After that, if the sin and gay had not been melted off our unworthy flesh, we'll be sent to hell permanently by their [finger bob]all loving[/finger bob] God.

Now, I'm not one to poke fun at another's faith -- unless it involves worshipping a giant squid or a giant, hairless, blind, bunny-chihuahua thing, but these people... well, I could go on and on about what I think of their twisted and a**-backward beliefs, but I wont preach to you like they do.

No, instead, I'm just going to sit back, relax, and watch as the 21st rolls by and nothing happens. Just like all the other end time predictions, this one will not come to pass. Seriously, these prophets make Moebius look good...

Anyway, come Sunday, I'll probably even forget what the significance of the 21st is Memory loss comes with the territory of having a main that stays up all night playing vidya one weekends I'll just wake up and go 'Oh yeah, the world didn't end' shrug my shoulders and that'll be that. I imagine the less radical sects will be taking this prophesy with a grain of salt and get on with their lives as well. I mean, mass suicides are pretty tasty for a wraith like me, but I don't want these people doing anything stupid when Jesus doesn't show up. Its tough being I messiah, I would know. Poor guy...

So that's my rant.

P.S. 2012 is a load of bollocks, too.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 am
*thinks back to when I was in Swansea last week* Ooooohhhhh, that's why those uber Christians were preeching/ranting in town.

As you say, I'm not one to critisize other people's beliefs, but do these people realise how utterly rediculous they seem to ordinary passers by? There are far more effective ways to convince people of something than yelling at them and telling them they're going to go to Hell.

I like to look at it this way; at least Hell's going to have all the best bands! mrgreen  

Tea Drinking Tiefling

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:57 am
I don't know the numbers in the UK or Canada, but here is the number in the states:

Associated press revealed that after a survey that most people, including those who called themselves x-ian did not believe that the rapture was happening. Like the book of Revelations, the concept of a Rapture is very recent to modern x-ianity. In fact, some of the earliest recordings of the concept of revelation only date back to the middle ages when they were first written. There was a rapture prediction then as well. Obviously, it did not come true.

That was all in my local paper today and I can't find an online version of it to give the sources. Still, post Rapture looting!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:37 am
In all honesty, I don't believe it'll happen on the 21st, either. I mean, if you even check the Book of Revelation, it states that Jesus will come 'like a thief in the night' and not with some joyous sounding of trumpets and whatever. And even if it DOES happen, I'll accept my fate and bear the price...whether it be falling into that infamous pit of fire and brimstone or falling to my knees in sheer humility proclaiming my unworthiness to be in His Kingdom.  

Celeste Tsuchi

Friendly Fairy

9,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.And I'll be here on the 23rd to laugh at all y'all for being gullible and believing a bunch of raving nuts.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 pm
Damn it, why does the rapture always have to happen after I pay off all of my major bills. Crap this means I shouldn't have paid my insurance for the year, I coulda thrown a party with that $1000.

crying Why didn't you tell me sooner the world was gonna end Raziel?!

/sarcasm  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, if the world does end, I'll be able to live out GTA and break s**t! That'll be fun! Steal a car, run around, shoot stuff! whee Plus that'll save me the $50+ to transfer my tags and license to Ohio residence.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:30 pm
Chryssta
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, if the world does end, I'll be able to live out GTA and break s**t! That'll be fun! Steal a car, run around, shoot stuff! whee Plus that'll save me the $50+ to transfer my tags and license to Ohio residence.
User Image

YES! POST RAPTURE LOOTING!!! Let's do it!
Let's steal a tank. I want to run the turrets! Chryssta, you run the driving controls. Sam, steal the tank. Raziel, distract the military so Sam can steal the tank. Szo can run other guns on the tank. I wonder if Hatter can do cartography.  

Lieutenant Turel

Sei and Jeff

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm
We'll go farther than that, Turel.

Ok Guild, here is the plan:

Step 1: During Rapture, break into military complexes. Steal their weapons, vehicles and all sorts of equipment. We use that equipment to secure ourselves more supplies and means to survive. We fortify the base up amazingly and have collective farms working.

Step 2: Then we get a necronomicon. Use it to summon forth a zombie Apocalypse. If the zombies obey us, we sic them against other groups until they surrender to us and obey us. If they zombies don't obey us, hey, we still have a secure and fortified area. They'll go after others who will need us for protection. We offer them protection so long as they obey us. Let anyone die who doesn't convert to us.

Step 3: PROFIT (aka, we take over the world)  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 pm
I've already experienced hell, so to speak, and if their version of God is the true one and this rapture happens, my main is damned since she's bisexual. Even if she wasn't, she wouldn't want to go to a heaven where even though someone was a good person in life, they're going to hell because of their sexual preference.

In short, yes, we're all for this stealing a tank plan. ninja  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:26 pm
Main is pleased with Sarafina. She says Sarafina must bring Juno for this tank stealing plan.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 pm
She will

And she'll steal a new tank for Juno, as in cage.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 pm
Sam, Chryssta, Szo, are you up for the tank plan?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 pm
Oh noes, the rapture thing must be true, the gov just maxed out the national debt and can't barrow anymore. The world shall now end.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Sei and Jeff

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:44 pm
AKA, Sam wants to drive the Tank for us.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff