Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Meeting of the Minds (Ena and Chizoba)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira_of_the_Flame

Fashionable Mage

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:02 am
User Image

Ena walked around the watering hole on her pride's land. She was pouncing after some grasshoppers and flying beetles, honing her technique for when she grew up to be the best huntress in the land! She wasn't going to let anything stop her, not her illness, not other lions, and expecially not this grasshopper that kept getting away from her currently. She finally caught the creature by cornering it against some boulders that lions in her pride liked to sun themselves on, she lifted a paw to look at the hopper and it jumped right out an onto her face! Scrambling in surprise she reared up and fell over with a loud *Oomph*. "Okay maybe except that particular grasshopper will get away but I'm after much more prestigious kills then that bug!" she told herself.

Ena sat in the shallows of the water, cooling off after her 'Big Hunt', splashing and pawing at a few fish that swam around her. After she cooled off she laid out on a rock that to a full size lion would be small but to her it let her strech out and sun herself. She coughed a little before calming down and watching the water.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm
User Image Chizoba'd been dozing on one of the hot rocks by the watering hole. He was ever so rudely awakened by the sound of a playing cub. Today wasn't one of Chizoba's better days. He was feeling very lethargic and tired. The cramps in his muscles and aching joints were joined by chills. The sun baked rock felt wonderful.

Lazily he rolled over so that he could watch the playing cub. He let out a small chuff of laughter when the grasshopper jumped right into the blue cub's face. His eyes started to close sleepily while she was pawing at the water. But when she scrambled up onto the rock next to his and settled in to watch the water without saying hello he decided to scrape up the energy to tease her. "You know, hunters need to be aware of their surroundings too."

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Kira_of_the_Flame

Fashionable Mage

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:15 am
Ena nearly fell off her rock when she heard what she though was a rock speak to her. Recovering she got up and poked her head up over the rock above hers. "I knew you were there you know... I did. Really!" she said, trying to sound convincing. "I just didn't want to point you out, you were doing an excellent job camouflaging into the rocks." She nodded at the older lion. She sneezed rather loudly, making a high pitched squeal type noise as she was rocketed back from the power of her sneeze. A rather loud, powerful and all together funny spectacle as she fell of the rock.
She collected her self before climbing back up on her rock and laying down, rubbing her nose with her paw.

"Im Ena by the way." she told the lion absent mindedly as she stared at the water.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:39 pm
Chizoba was barely containing his laughter at her sneeze induced tumble off the rock. When he couldn't hold it anymore he let out a peal of laughter. What a funny little cub, even he'd never sneezed himself off a rock. "Thank you Ena, I was trying very hard to blend in." It was a blatant lie of course, but it wasn't his place to burst her bubble. "I'm Chizoba, you're related to Sliabh right?" He'd seen so many cubs with his distinctive markings around, he'd even played with a few as a new cub himself.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Kira_of_the_Flame

Fashionable Mage

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm
Ena joined in on his laughter at her expense, she knew what happened was funny. The laughing caused her to cough a bit and she hacked up some nasty looking stuff before calming herself down. She was glad that he acknowledged her observation at his blending in. "You have a great coat for blending in, I bet it helps with hunting." She thought about her own coat and while not great for day hunting her dark colors could be useful at night. "My coat is better for night hunting."
She grabed some dirt and rubbed it into the coat of her arm, seeing if she could color herself closer to the young male lion, the plan didn't work well and didn't help her blend in, just got her dirty.

When Chizoba mentioned her father she looked over at him and nodded, "Yea thats my Papa. I got his coloring and some of his marking but my suns are from my mom. I don't know her and Eva, the head healer, is my step mom."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:19 pm
Chizoba smiled, "Thank you I guess. I don't hunt though, when I grow up I'm going to watch the cubs." He really did adore the little monsters. Must be because Chizoba was determined to grow up as little as possible, save physically. "Your colors would be good for night hunting though, you're right." The chills were getting worse so he snuggled a bit closer to the big sun warm rock. It made him sad when she coughed, but at least it was because of a laugh.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Kira_of_the_Flame

Fashionable Mage

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:16 am
Ena was slightly surprised about him not hunting, she figured everyone would want to hunt since it was so much fun. "Well thats a good job too, you will get to play all day everyday!" she said enthusiastically when she thought about it. Playing all day does sound like a fun job.
She puffed up proudly when he agreed of her assessment that he coat would be perfect for night hunting.

Ena noticed his shiver and figured he was..... well.... that. Just like her....
She looked at him and decided he wasn't on a warm enough rock. Seeing darker almost black rocks on the other side of the watering hole she turned to him, "My mom Eva always uses black rocks at the healing den because... they store more heat, maybe that light tan-ish grey rock your on is all out of heat. The darker rocks over there would be better for sunning." she motioned to the outcropping of dark rocks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm
Chizoba grinned about what she said about playing all day. "That's exactly why I want to do that job. Well, that and I really like cubs." He trailed off as he watched her look around. Black rocks huh? Well if they were warmer he was all for it. "Sounds good. Your Mom sounds like a smart lady." He said as he skidded down the rock and started towards the darker toned rocks. He looked over his shoulder to make sure she was following along. "Let me guess what you want to be when you grow up.... hmmm a hunter maybe?"  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces