Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Is Harry the Descendant oif Godric Gryffindor??????????? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R J Lupin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:17 pm
What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:19 pm
This is what I think:

When he was sorted, he could have been put in Ravenclaw (not a bad mind) or Slytherin as the sorting hat had said. But instead it was gryffindor because Harry said not Slytherin. When Harry got out of the chamber after defeating Tom Riddle and the can't spell Baslisk or what ever it is. Dumbledore said only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the hat. Maybe not someone from the school house but someone of Gryffindor blood. Harry lived in a town called Godrics Hallow. His father was in Gryffindor.
Godric and Salazaar fought and the fight was never finished. Now the heir of Slytherin will Finish the Filght with The Heir of Gryffindor.  

R J Lupin

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:02 pm
The reason the Sorting Hat suggested Slytherin was because When Voldemort tried to kill him, he gained some of his dark powers. But what Dumbledore said could mean 'Only the bravest and boldest can pull Godric Grffindor's sword out of the Sorting Hat.'  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:18 am
Its also based on the traits the sorting hat looks for when it puts the students into their houses. Gryffindor put alot of stock in bravery and being true to ones friends. As we have seen, Harry has displayed these traits time and time again. So, when Dumbledore said that only a true Gryffindor could have pulled the sword out of the hat, he was telling Harry two things. First and the more important thing is that he is completely different from Voldermort. Second, being that the choices they make dictate the lives that they lead. To really support the first point.  

Riku Stratus

R J Lupin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 am
I Know the part about the sorting hat. And I know about Slytherin. But Harry also according to the hat although it never said it He had the traits of a ravenclaw too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 am
I honestly don't think he could be the heir of Gryffindor. They would have mentioned it by now.  

ofbittersweetmemories

CuteLittleRin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:15 pm
ladyrampage
I honestly don't think he could be the heir of Gryffindor. They would have mentioned it by now.

ya i agreee  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:12 am
I doubt it, but we will just have to wait for the next book.  

dirty old sod

covo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:24 pm
@R J Lupin: You have made some really good points but I just don't believe that Harry is the heir. But if he is the heir, that would make a really good plot twist for the next book.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:45 pm
That would be cool if he was.  

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200

RedRose07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:47 pm
R J Lupin
This is what I think:

When he was sorted, he could have been put in Ravenclaw (not a bad mind) or Slytherin as the sorting hat had said. But instead it was gryffindor because Harry said not Slytherin. When Harry got out of the chamber after defeating Tom Riddle and the can't spell Baslisk or what ever it is. Dumbledore said only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the hat. Maybe not someone from the school house but someone of Gryffindor blood. Harry lived in a town called Godrics Hallow. His father was in Gryffindor.
Godric and Salazaar fought and the fight was never finished. Now the heir of Slytherin will Finish the Filght with The Heir of Gryffindor.
that makes alot of sense  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm
I don't think Harry is the heir. I don't know exactly why, just a feeling.

I wonder if Neville could be the heir since the prophesy could have applied to him and in the beginning he didn't show a lot of Gryffindor house traits, he seemed more Hufflepuff like. (yes I know there is the whole "standing up to friends" thing and other little examples like that, but overall his personality doesn't scream Gryffindor at first glance)  

non642

Nachttoter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:58 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:23 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

non642

LeighMae

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:01 pm
RedRose07
R J Lupin
This is what I think:

that makes alot of sense
Same here. 3nodding  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas