Submit

Yui san

Bashful Shapeshifter

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:13 pm
I quit playing WoW in February. Playing nonstop for so many years in a row only to have Cataclysm be disappointing was depressing. So since then I can't quit this deep urge inside of me to play something. Cata left a bitter taste in my mouth and I've found the answer to my craving: Guild Wars 2! >insert long thing over how amazing the footage looks so far<, but while researching it, I've seen a seriously huge amount of negative feedback about the WoW community. Apparently people hate the WoW playerbase with a passion. I was never aware of this. What are your thoughts?

Oh, fun fact: Since the release of Cataclysm, WoW's subscriptions have dropped from 12 million to 11.4 million. o_o;;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm
As for the hating on the wow community all I can say is that there will always be people who hate something, I'm sure if you asked around there's people playing wow who hate Guild Wars 2. It happens. Haters are as they say 'gonna hate'.  

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 pm
Along the same lines as Mishi's post, when I was active on the WoW Forums, I don't remember seeing any direct hate for any game from the WoW players, so much as a complete disregard for any other game as being a suitable rival. A certain elitism perhaps. However, this was back when the main scare was warhammer 40k, so times may have changed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am
I like WoW sometimes. I like leveling toons. I like getting pretty gear. I like getting my money's worth like my WoW subscription has.

I hate Wailing Caverns. I hate Trade Chat. I fear raids. I hate BG chat.

I like Tol Barad. I like instant gratification.

I hate how I've pretty much given up painting in favor of WoW for that instant gratification.  

Pouncey

Chuma_Th_Aquatic_Moose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 am
Well...Fap fapfap....fap ffap fap;.....oh. and Fap.
razz Nice fun fact o_o scary numbers
o..o well...some ppl are going to hate...so ya know :/  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 am
Yui san

Oh, fun fact: Since the release of Cataclysm, WoW's subscriptions have dropped from 12 million to 11.4 million. o_o;;

People don't always like big changes, and Cataclysm was quite the change.  

ange de la musique xx

PsYdOtO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm
i just be happy when it feels like back in 2005 bizzcon, I do miss how new and crazy people where... seeing bc and sc ghost... made me almost cry to see the dota... line so empty sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:55 pm
ange de la musique xx
Yui san

I stated I didn't like Cataclysm either, therefore I thought I'd share that many others also agreed with me.  

Yui san

Bashful Shapeshifter

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Friendly 100

Adinae

Mega Cutesmasher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 am
ange de la musique xx
Yui san

And then they brought out the nerf bat.
I really hate blaming "Wrath babies," but it's so difficult not to.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 pm
Personally, I miss the simplicity of BC. The PVE was challenging enough that gear didn't turn fights into tank and spanks, but at the same time the PvP was so well done that you could be #1 with any comp, and other people would do it differently.

Since then, cataclysm has made classes Anti-Everything, and some of the fun is gone. Of course subscribers leave, with 12 million players, even upsetting 1% with a bad change is huge, not many other games can say that.

There is no end-all-be-all fix that will make everybody happy. And you never know why people quit when they do, because unless you keep them on skype, or facebook, or something, you'll never know.

For all any of us know, those 600k or so people, could have become millionaires and quit because life got to be crowded with WoW involved. Or they could have just gotten bored, and it was no fault of cata.

Or they were a bunch of ele shammies and holy priests, mad their classes sucked.

It's hard to pin 600k losses in player base, on one particular issue, not everybody will be happy.

I personally, would have been perfectly fine, had they given everybody 1/10 of the stamina they originally had, and 1/5th of the stats, and never expacked past bc, but we can't all get what we want in the game with every patch, every time. Sometimes, you just sort of have to hold your nose, close your eyes, and deal with the patch notes, as bad as they are, and hope it all gets better next patch. =/  

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:19 am
Honestly, I started playing GW a while back, having played WoW since beta, and I enjoyed it a bit but it was dwarfed by the complexity of WoW so I went back...Cataclysm has been...fairly boring. But alright. But anyway my point was simply that I made some pretty good friends in GW and well...when they found out I played WoW...they have NEVER let me live it down. They rag on me and to this day tell me it lowers their respect for me. Whatever. GW is nowhere near as well developed as WoW (although the graphics are much better I will at least admit to that much).

But I DO agree GW2 looks pretty awesome, I am super excited. Can't wait! And yeah people are always going to hate on stuff. Especially a game as popular and all consuming as World of Warcrack. I know personally of at least two families that were almost split because of how addicting WoW can be. It creates a lot of tension and hate towards the source of the problem, i.e., WoW. And as for other gamers, I have usually found that they were overwhelmed by WoW and quit too soon or they didn't have a buddy. Everything is better with a buddy. Especially sex...but I digress. I will agree that there is an especially large community of WoW haters congregated in the GW world. Its sad really.

-Shrugs-

My response to the hate is simple...bite me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 pm
I've quit playing WoW myself several times but for one reason or another, whether it be a lack of anything exciting to play or pure boredom, I always ended up coming back.

After getting my "Bane of the Fall King" title I went on a hiatus which eventually turned into a full-blown "retirement" from the game. I really had no attachment since as far as I was concerned the story line which was the basis of the game was complete, so the announcement of the Cata expansion left me wondering "why?".

I've quit playing again and this time I'm quite certain I'm done. The rehashing of old bosses/instances (Nef/Rag - ZA/ZG) turned me off quite a bit, and the simplicity of the encounters made it feel like I was no longer being challenged which then begged the question "Why continue playing". If the raids were still difficult in any way it could have still kept me enticed but the fact that I read up on zero encounters, knew none of the boss mechanics, yet still cleared all the normal raiding content my first week raiding with the standard raiding rules I've followed for 7 years (Don't stand in fire/goo/falling rocks; Don't get breathed/cleaved/tail swiped) made the game feel extremely dumbed-down.

The only reason I'd pick it back up would be to continue pushing Glad in arenas, but even that has be getting easier with the predictability of comps nowadays.  

XxProjectxX

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 am
Glad pushing is tough with the wheelchairs that are currently available, that I will admit.

PvP is really the only hard part of the game, and even that is becoming rather easy these days. Not to mention, the other day, I actually sold a carry to 2200 in 3s, which is leading me to believe that its the game which has become easy enough to be able to carry in, rather than skill that got the guy to 2200.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 am
Yui san
ange de la musique xx
Yui san

I stated I didn't like Cataclysm either, therefore I thought I'd share that many others also agreed with me.
I agree with you on this one. I wasn't so much around for vanilla. I played heavily during BC and Lich king even but Cata has just...Somehow killed my enthusiasm for the game. I may start playing soon to appease my brother who's getting bored without someone to play it with, but I'm really not so sure that I want to anymore. :/  

Mogaar

Dapper Genius

Ijivirus

Sparkly Hunter

5,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:18 am
SK Loda
Glad pushing is tough with the wheelchairs that are currently available, that I will admit.

PvP is really the only hard part of the game, and even that is becoming rather easy these days. Not to mention, the other day, I actually sold a carry to 2200 in 3s, which is leading me to believe that its the game which has become easy enough to be able to carry in, rather than skill that got the guy to 2200.

It seems the majority of players that don't find WoW boring are PvPers. Raids get stale rather quick anyway and everything is scripted. Not dynamic enough for my tastes.

As far as carrying to 2200 is concerned, it could always be done with relative ease as most of the best players are sitting at 2700+ and aren't trolling the low mmr brackets. At 2200 you still see a fair amount of obscure/experimental comps that wouldn't make it to 2700.

On Tichondrius people get carried to 2200 on a regular basis and as far back as I can remember. Maybe not TBC actually but definitely in WOTLK.

My major issue is homogenization. It used to be that certain classes had hard counters and other classes got rolled on etc etc.

Now every class has a soft counter to every other class and friggin melee have self heals where as the only DPS class that had self heals as a way to increase their survivability (Locks) got their self heals nerfed. I've seen warriors outheal locks in RBG's.
I'm not a lock but watching them get nerfed so hard through WOTLK and Cata has me wondering wtf the devs are trying to do. I don't think they're balancing too well.

I see a lock now and think to myself, free hk. Only exceptional afflocks are performing well. All the others have passable or mediocre performance. This could also be due to the learning curve that afflocks have but I'm not gonna chock it up to that.

I know that trying to balance so many classes/specs around pve and pvp can be difficult but when the devs make class changes it's rarely ever a small change. Instead of a 5% nerf across the board they'll do a 15% nerf or something like that.

I'm happy with the state of Ele Shams right now. I don't feel the suckage so much anymore and I can shut down casters (Which was never really a problem to begin with)/kill melee before they get to me. I could have just rolled Resto Sham and trolled my way to 2700 like most of the other shams but (it's odd) I enjoy healing on every other healing class so much more than my sham, even if their heals are uber right now.  
World of Warcraft

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff